"Bumping"

and you know what happen's ,, you spend time putting item's on and not many people get to read your add . and you loose the chance of selling so yes a great idea to leave it sink into the past before anyone see's it .... if you just left it instead of trying to be differant people are used to seeing item's on the first 1 or 2 pages not searching through hundreds of add's to find thing's .. also many people only look at what's advertised and not the date's .................in my opinion just let people keep item's on the front page until it's sold or they get fed up ..................................you could alway's put it to a vote to see if this is what people want ............ to bump or not to bump

and you know what happen's ,, you spend time putting item's on and not many people get to read your add . and you loose the chance of selling so yes a great idea to leave it sink into the past before anyone see's it .... if you just left it instead of trying to be differant people are used to seeing item's on the first 1 or 2 pages not searching through hundreds of add's to find thing's .. also many people only look at what's advertised and not the date's .................in my opinion just let people keep item's on the front page until it's sold or they get fed up ..................................you could alway's put it to a vote to see if this is what people want ............ to bump or not to bump

Not entirely sure what you tried saying there but I will add my two pence worth. ;)

The whole system of not being able to bump a post and to let it slip off the page at the rate new adverts are added is a very good one in my opinion. This means everyone gets a fair chance and length of time to be on the front page as there is limited space. This is the reason letting people 'keep items' on the front page wouldn't work as no buyer in their right mind would ask for their item to be removed from the page. So if all items were left on the front page until sold then there would be no space for new adds.

If bumping happens then all it does is put some adverts at an unfair disadvantage to other buyers and lets face it who when looking at an advert wants to see post after post of 'BUMP' when searching for answers to questions that may have been asked about the product.

FM :lol:

im with soontjen on this,it should be put to a vote.

every other forum works very well with the bump process.

i have bought and sold many things on forums but get bored after reading more than a few pages.

give the members their voting right and see if they agree or not.

Don't waste time "bumping" your advert.

No matter how many times you "bump" it, it will remain in the same place on the page.

I'm afraid i'm With Cranfield on this one

The no bumping rule seems to have worked very well indeed over the last month or so, it keeps it fair.

I do belive the Bumping was being abused

WB

Bump........

;)

edit: I would suggest you're only allowed to bump after X period of time and only if a price change has happened.

EG. Shotgun for sale £100...

24 hours later.

Shotgun still for sale, now £95...

24 hours...

Shotgun for sale, now £80, must get rid of this asap, taking up room in cabinet etc.

Jon :lol:

Edited by GJUK

im with soontjen on this,it should be put to a vote.

every other forum works very well with the bump process.

i have bought and sold many things on forums but get bored after reading more than a few pages.

give the members their voting right and see if they agree or not.

Bumping, as has already been said, works perfectly well on many other foums without a problem.

This is the only forum I know of that won't allow it.

Take it to the people I say. Vote now for bumping!! :lol:

I am sorry you get "bored after reading more than a few pages" ;) and must disappoint you both further, by dropping the bombshell.......... you don't get to vote on this.

We changed the settings some months ago on these sections only , so that the last post doesn't bring the topic to the top (as it does on other sections).

This was done because of all the complaints we received over people continuously "bumping" their sales.

I think that the seller of an item should be able to either delete the thread once sold or request a mod do it to prevent the sales being clogged up. Or maybe we should be able to edit the title as well as the post to state SOLD to prevent others wasting time. This would be of particular benefit on this site as you cant 'hover' your pointer over the topic to get a view of its content (another excellent feature of other forums).

What do you think mr cranfield sir?

Steve b

Those keen to sell an item bump, those that don't care about selling don't.

I say bring back bumping!

;)

No that's just spamming and its annoying if you keep bumping your over priced **** above other new posts, every ten minutes.

(not saying you sell overpriced **** though :lol: )

PIGEON DECOY used twice... £33,400...

bump

bump

bump

bump

bump...

See the problem?

{ ferret master everyone else seem's to be able to work it out ? }

simple realy bumping seems to work on every other forum as i said before .. people who want to sell item's will bump them letting everyone know the item is still available isn't that the idea ;). if you don't see it on the front page you just presume it's sold .. as for room on the site ferret master delete the 5 / 6 week old adds

Edited by soontjen