Dirty Scum.

chippy18

Without giving away too much, whereabouts is this in East Sussex?

If this is common or garden fly tipping, it can happen anywhere. I didn't think the targeting of shoots & hunts was a big problem in the county, but am I wrong?

It,s near Cross in Hand. I think it is just scum wanting to save on rubbish costs. We did have a small problem with the anti brigade but that was a couple of years back and it has nt happened since.

Cheers :rolleyes:

nowt you can do as well. maybe the council will remove it? a well hidden trail cam might be of use. if they drive past and see it has been cleared, they will do it again, this is what they do. :rolleyes::D

Typical council did nt really want to know. Had to use a loader yesterday to move it out of the way of the gate and have

a lorry later on today to collect it. But at £160 to get rid of it sticks in the throat a bit. Trail cam good idea though, the entrance is a bit off the main track so easy for them to get away with it unseen.

Cheers :angry:

Are there any CCTV cameras you are aware of on the roads in/out - e.g. at garages, even a few miles out might catch the lazy .......? As this is a crime the police could investigate perhaps?

Police informed yesterday 8.30am nothing heard since. There is not to much around really to pick up any lorries etc. Main road is a way from lane and not a lot else.

You could also try a nice sign on the gate saying CCTV in operation? Or get a sign made that is a Police Look-a-like saying something like 'Police patrolled Fly-tipping aware' With a large police logo on it? ? Otherwise you could do what the bloke did when the ****** kept on dumping in his paddocks and that was to wait in hiding and shoot their vehicle with his shot gun when they reversed in!

Makes you wonder whether they would like it if we dumped our rubbish ourside their caravans in the lay-bys - saying that it looks like that must of the time anyway.

They make my blood boil... Caught one poaching once and he came out with all sorts and l'd been watching him through the bino's stalking rabbits and phesants. The week later watched same one through bino's whilst out with the rifle in a drop back transit dumping rubbish in gateways, rang police form my mobile straight away - weren't bothered even when l gave them the reg plate!

I doubt it is Anti activity, just a fly tipper who doesn't want to pay the Refuse Tip charges.

As the charges increase, there will be a lot more of this.

The Police won't be very interested, but it would be worth giving your local Council a ring.

Firstly, they should move it and if it is a regular occurrence, then they may set up a camera.

We had a similar experience at a local layby , complained to the Council and they caught the culprit by using cameras.

Not if it's private land they won't. The police, the councils and anybody else who're supposed to look out for law abiding citizens rights will not want to get involved. You're on your own and must either stand the cost of a clean up (which the council can enforce if the litter is regarded as a public danger) or MOVE IT...at night onto a public highway! :rolleyes:

Shift it onto the verge at first light. The local authority then bears the burden of disposing if it.

If you do this then you become the fly tipper and are liable for prosecution.

A few years ago we had a skip on a job and someone filled it with black bags, we informed the council but they said it was now our problem :rolleyes: and if we put it on public land we would be prosecuted :D .

So we had a little look and found some letters from a house nearby :angry: , we then took all the bag and deposited them in the back garden, never heard anything after that. ???

There are probably people out there that would tell me i am out of order for jumping to conclusions, but land owner phoned me 5 mins ago, he was taking a trailer to another section of his land and about 3 miles from where the rubbish was dumped what did he spot parked up.

About 8 caravans, a load of of brand spanker mercs and BMW's, 2 tipper lorries and enough rope washing lines for a small housing estate.

Funny that.

Following on from the earlier thread about the people who were hare coursing having a dozen policeman raid their properties today I am mindful of the application of scarce police resources. For example, would you rather have 9 anti terrorist police officers raid the home and offices of a Tory MP to stop him obtaining and passing information detrimental to the government or would you rather have those police bodies committed elsewhere for example executing duties that are actually to prevent terrorism.

So my question is would you rather have the police clamp down on the fly tippers and dumpers or chase poachers and coursers?