Don't forget your permissions this Christmas

Billy.

I do a run to calais every other year and get french wine for 1£ a bottle just to give away. its a very cheap way of maintaining good relationships with the farmers!

Cheapskate, you could save the trip to calais for that french paint stripper and get them a gift from poundland for a change:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine get a bottle of scotch and chocs for the other half. As said, at £15 its very cheap shooting and worth every penny :good::good:

Edited by turbo33

:blink: My 'permissions' ask me nicely to deal with their pest problems! And I don't charge a penny!! Pellets and air ain't cheap!

Should be asking them for a bottle of something for when I'm cold and shivering in some field shooting bunnies who are eating his beetroots.... :smartass:

:blink: My 'permissions' ask me nicely to deal with their pest problems! And I don't charge a penny!! Pellets and air ain't cheap!

Should be asking them for a bottle of something for when I'm cold and shivering in some field shooting bunnies who are eating his beetroots.... :smartass:

can see were your coming from but he could ask some other person any time

Done mine, 4 bottles cost £60, worth there weight in gold, stopped about an hour with one had a good talk told me he had drilled about 20 acres of beans and they are mine to shoot on, fantastic. :good::good::good:

thats the hammer

1st year I had one bit of land spoke to his wife and asked her what he drinks.

Glad I did as I'm the only one he lets shoot on this bit of land well big bit and she said good wine saved me and the farmer a lot of wasted spirits

Point ask his wife what he drinks might help

can see were your coming from but he could ask some other person any time

I'm being a bit cheeky.... I live in Lincs and in my area I've all they have got. There is so much land, permission is easy. I started off clearing pigeons from some posh womans land, which went well and that led to rabbits at a Bus company(through recommendation) he was pleased with results which led to farmer, to next farmer etc.... I've got more than I can keep up with.... :P

I'm off to Asda tomorrow, for a nice bottle of malt, some ordinary whisky,and a bottle of Morgans Spiced... along with a few cases of beer for the guys who help me out...I will be doing my dels later on in the afternoon...:)AFTER some shooting BTW...:)

Did this last year too( my first full year on my perms ), as they say, it's nice to be nice...:)

phoned my farmer up asked him what his favoutite was and supplied a bottle of better qualitl than I would drink,drove over tonight and gave it to him,he said thanks and gave me some more concessions on the land I shoot,he said my mate could help keep them moving so got my buddy on there too now :good:

I know buying more presents will be the last thing on your mind...! However, don't forget to get your farmer/permission granter a bottle of something for Christmas. Especially if you've not had the land for long.

You'd be surprised how far a little thought can get you some times!

yep already done, i didn't realise how much a good bottle of port can fetch! Apparently the bits in the bottom make all the difference, worth it tho, land is secured for another year :good:

i did the farmers booze run on thursday , it cost me 6 bottles of single malt , 6 bottles of wine , and , 6 boxes of chocolates , for that i get the shooting on around 20,000 acres so its not too bad at all.

the last farmer i visited said "those deer are getting a bit of a nuisance now , can you shoot half a dozen and keep one for me , you could probably sell the rest to pay for your petrol money " :D