Old TV programs you remember as being good when you were a kid

Mungler

Tom Baker god you are younge :lol:???

I grew up on John pertwee who i thought was an excellent Dr, got to admit I do like the guy who does him now although it looks like he is set to change tomorrow evening.

Never liked the Vet though, thought he was to much of a Dr Poof :lol:

John Pertwee? You're just a boy. William Hartnell, the first and best Dr Who - took on the Daleks and won :yes::no::xmas:

hartnell_420x284.jpg

Edited by Chard

I was terrified beyond measure by the singing ringing tree, yet it was so compelling. Dwarves, princes, talking fish.............. weird and horrific.

White horses, Robinson Crusoe etc. were all rainy summer holiday fare :lol:

Whenever i mention the 'Singing ringing tree' i always get a blank look so its refreshing to find someone else who watched it! It was creepy as **** for a childrens tv show. ???

The Sweeney stands the test of time.

The Avengers, from when Diana Rigg took over from Honor Blackman, seems even better now. Way ahead of its time.

Monty Python has aged badly. At the time, I thought 50% was brilliant and 50% poor. Nowadays, I struggle to find the funny bits. It gained cult status on the back of "no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition" and the Dead Parrot sketch.

Edited by Gordon R

Button Moon, Dempsey and makepeace, Street hawk, Knightrider, A team, Sesame Street, But the Winner got to be saturday afternoon grandstand with wrestling, rallycross, scrambling and footy. (yes i was an 70's child watching in the 80's) but tv was far better then than the **** we have on today.