How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep policeshoot doveridge was a tester. 68 :lol: .

No excuses from me really :hmm: .

Like nickyt said concentration was needed at all times,

Seems a 68 would be the equivelant to a 73 at worsley :lol: , was supprised i got that to be honest.

Was good to shoot with the lads anyway, so I really enjoyed it :) .

So chards been having a few beretta lessons hey :P , no wonder i cant beat him :hmm:

I was really supprised that shot more than nicky and madpete, they shot well i thought :hmm:

Till the next time pigeonpals :) And pull ya finger out magman , get ya **** on the next one.

Watching you and chard flirt is highly amusing :)

Some good results from that shoot, especially Nick's :hmm:

Just a little warm up for the big 'un tomorrow Pete :)

Very enlightening day at Doveridge actually - definitely highlighted the need for pure concentration on every shot (and keeping tabs on the scorers who can't add)! :)

First registered shoot today - Horne (Gatton Bottom), **** me that was tough :yes: - well i thought so anyway. Started with 2 2s so screwed my head up to start with but then proceeded to straight the next stand. Ended with 55/100. Certainly the hardest shoot i've done so far. Need to do soemthing about concentration levels or pack up.

I met up today with young Paulos, Long time no see, up at Kingsley Moor,... I was pleased to see him shooting with a easy style, much like myself did in earlier years,.. he finished with a 89X100!. well done there Paul. considering he dosent shoot much sporting ,Oop North, Brilliant... Oops I foregot I put a dismal 81 in!!! Cheers,

Edited by zippo

Had a fun morning shooting a 100 reg sporting at Kingsley Moor with zippo and his mate. Good shoot and even nicer weather, I will be going back ??? Shot an 89 too which was nice :yes:

Sorry zippo, didn't see your post when I put mine up! :yes:

Edited by paulos

I went to Gatton Bottom too, you should have said Bigweed!

As discussed in a previous thread, I took my Remington 870 along.

We decided to do the first stand last as there was loads of people on it, and went straight to stand 2. I must admit after the chat on here I felt a bit apprehensive as I got the gun out of the slip!. There was half a dozen or so people watching, I did ok though and straighted the stand, 8 out of 8 :yes: I suspect any negative comments were curtailed by that, indeed my mate who was standing watching too said most people seemed fairly impressed.

Stand 4 should have been easy but I messed it up, and scored only 1 out of 8, which killed my score a bit, but the last stand (a mad rabbit followed by a fast l-r) was fun, I straighted that one too ???

We then went back to the first stand, which was a simo going away pair, just the thing we had decided would be the hardest for a pump action, but I managed 6 out of 10 so it wasn't too bad.

All in all I scored 65 out of 100, well down on my personal best of 82, but not that far away from what I'd call an avarage score for me, which is maybe 70 ish.

It was harder with a pump, but it was a lot of fun, and I think maybe a suprised a few people. Will I do it again?

Hell yeah :yes:???

Edited by throdgrain

Of course you should do it again, there is nothing wrong with using a pump action. It is a shotgun after all.

I shot a 43/50 at my local sunday haunt. A very good set up for a change except one stand which was a pair of rabbits crossing left to right about 10 feet in front of the cage. Still managed 7 of them.

I went to Gatton Bottom too, you should have said Bigweed!

Thought you were a Gatwick only man - saw a couple of your buddies there up round the rabbit stand - only dropped one there - one ****er just lept in the air and i went well under it. Stands 2 and 3 were the ones i ****** up badly - 2 slow incomers on stand 2 - just didn't read them right (maybe cos they were orange) :yes: and 2 quartering from the left dropping in front of you on stand 3. Don't think it helped that thoses were the first 2 stands i did.

Edited by Bigweed

I had a dreadful morning at Gatwick, a round each of sporting and skeet, both bad. In my defence I had not shot the sporting since January, but it was a poor show none the less, well down on previous scores. EDIT: Looked at notes, it was my worst score to date... oh dear... :yes:

Edited by john_r

Went to Dartfrod again today and soon realised i shouldn't have bothered- 51/100. Every thing felt wrong and uncomfortable yet nothing has changed. Thought things were getting worse but thats ridiculous - can't see why i can hit a 76 one month and drop to 51 the next. Perhaps I've done too much this weekend - shooting 4 days on the trott (600 odd carts).

I was called today by a shooting mate who asked, want to come up to Kegworth then?... Hhhm, I was supposed to hang around the house helping two of my daughters to clear out the loft prior to the guys who will be renewing the insulation in said loft tomorow!..... What could I say? I had shot the Yorkshire Police shoot last Wednesday,At Doveridge... £30.00 plus shells/ fuel...Kingsley Moor yesterday,.. £32.00 plus shells/ fuel.. today Kegworth...£28.00 plus shells...What the,... £166.00 minimum!!.... Pwew my pension =£116.00!...Jeese I put in another 82 today...Erh I think I should take up draughts, would be much cheaper!!

First ever brown envelope today :good:

Won C class at the 155 Ironman at Northampton with a quite respectable 119 (76.7%)

Ironman for the uninitiated is

25 skeet

25 dtl

25 abt

30 double rise

25 sportrap

25 sporting

Personal bests on skeet (23) abt (21) and double rise (25) so well chuffed :lol:

Fuzrat

Ha Ha Ha, Hey, young Paulos, my mate, I told you the course would bite you after a bit. ! In truth I thought your 89 in A class would win it!! Hhhm, whowever dont fret, your 3rd place should get enough payback to cover your petrol bill down here??? Well done. look foreward to seeing you down here again!.

Yay!! Got my first 25 straight at Skeet today at Dartford. It was my 10th or 11th attempt at it and it seemed all too easy today for some reason. :hmm: Last two rounds were 24/25 in November and earlier this year.

So, double happy with that.

87/100 Sporting, again at Dartford. Double triple happy with that. Taking onboard what Beretta had advised me on the 'determining lead' thread. The targets there aren't the hardest in the world, but they certainly aren't gimmis either, well...stand 8 is, but the other 9 aren't.

Where's the dancing bananas when you need them... :lol: