How did we get on today? 2009 edition.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bye2:

I certainly didn't drive there just for the shooting. I visited the Gunsmith there to make the temp changes to my gun permanent. Wasn't anywhere near here that could get it done quickly enough in the way I wanted, so had to travel.

They had an offer on as well, 125 birds for the price of 100. £27. They also have shooting Wednesday 1700 - 2000 for only 17p a clay for members and 20p for guests. That would be a kewl thing to have down here somewhere.

112/125 at Doveridge today.

It's quite a nice place to shoot, though the targets weren't interesting enough to justify the 5 hour round trip alone! :(

Looks like you've got the Essex Masters in the bag already then Pete, with a score like that..?? :D

I shot the easter Sporting Challenge in the pouring rain at Sporting Targets today, quite a stiff layout, I did a 99 ex 120, top score so far is 110, the big fella did a 106 and Ben H did a 100.

Unilke those guys, I've got a good excuse, I've now changed guns to a 31" Gamba Daytona Sporter, it handles soooo nicely and swings very easily, obviously it'll take a bit of getting used to, but I'm deffo using it next weekend at the Essex Masters, can't wait..!! :bye2:

Cat.

must have been an easy shoot today :drinks::good:

nice one

:yay:

Funnily enough, it was one of those that you thought wasn't too difficult and you beat yourself up for getting a mediocre score. Then when you get back to the clubhouse, you find most people did even worse :D

There was nothing ball-breakingly hard there, just lots of stuff that you had to think a bit about

were they still throwing that freezbee on stand 11 today chard, I was buggerd if I could hit em as a pair yestarday

That the first time I've seen a clay goto about 2mm high on it's side

That poor tree tock some lead yestarday from me !

were they still throwing that freezbee on stand 11 today chard, I was buggerd if I could hit em as a pair yestarday

That the first time I've seen a clay goto about 2mm high on it's side

That poor tree tock some lead yestarday from me !

Stand 11 is the high tower today. They had an amusing battue on what is stand 15 today :good:

Edge on and virtually invisible, then flipped over and showed itself just before it went behind a tree.

I only dropped one on that stand, the first one, because I didn't see it till it was too late :drinks:

Got a 37x50 on not a terribly hard setup. Cleared 2 stands, dropped 1 bird each on another 2 but totally fluffed 2 other stands. One of which was annoying because it wasn't difficult at all and i was being a muppet. The 2nd i cocked up was fair enough, i just didn't know how to shoot it, i can live with that (if that makes any sense).

Still, great weather and enjoyable afternoon.

I had quite possibly the hardest mornings shooting to finish on a 44/50. I don't think I have worked so hard for a half decent score.

PDLM,

If it is any consolation I didn't shoot very well at JJ's either.

I know it is only skeet and I know it is still not a great score compared to those posted in competitions but I was seriously happy with my 86 out of 100 today. :hmm:

If I wouldn't have messed up the first two stands on the final round I could have had 90+.