Stag hunting

dazza

Whats your views on the above? Had a hard time trying to explain it to a girl in work today after a local stag hunt near her village. The stag was brought in by lorry from miles away to be hunted. The hunt trespassed on her fathers land and caused a lot of damage. ;)

Personally I think it stinks !

Surely shipping a beast in to an area that it is unfamiliar with is giving it a massive disadvantage. Just the thing the antis will love.

I can't understand why, if that particular hunt didn't have any huntable beasts on its

own patch, it didn't set up a joint meet with a hunt that did.

Maybe I don't understand, maybe I don't have all the facts, but I've hunted for 40 years, and this kind of thing hacks me off.

I agree with Browning entirely, shipping in animals to be hunted can hardly justify the pro hunting claims that it is a necessary job that they do to control vermin when they have to import the animals to do it.

As Browning quite rightly says, they are playing right into the anti's hands and losing some of their sympathisers as well. :<

Stag hunting has always been the difficult, "hunting with hounds", activity to defend.

There has been more bad publicity attatched to it, than any other form of hunting.

Its fair to say that frequently, what gets in the media is often a gross distortion of the truth, lets hope that is the case with this incident.

I also thought that trucking in stags to hunt was illegal, or against an agreed Code of Practise.

Perhaps thats only in England.

I've heard the full story on this (or what I think is). It's completely indefensible.

Apparently what they do....All season they chase the same six stags - just rotating and using one on a different patch each meet - the stags are not killed at the end of each day. Northern Ireland is not covered in deer if they are there, it'll be in woods and so after being flushed simply lack the fitness and knowledge of the area in open terrain to be properly hunted. To get round it these "hunters" (i use the term loosely and would prefer to use something which would be censored) just chase a released stag for a day and then the box them up again for use another day.

It's completely indefensible I think, as if this is all they are doing they might as well do drag hunting, this is the perfect scenario for drag hunting IMO. They are surely going to get hunting banned in Northern Ireland, they have been warned before by the CA over there a few years ago about this activity but they continue :rolleyes:

:< I totally agree with all of the aforementioned...... :<

Dispicable...........

Unsporting..........

Cruel..................

If No-s have to be controlled on a estate or areas of land; then fine; but to capture a wild Stagg, transport it to an alien envirmonemnt; release it bewildered, and in pursuite......................not on....................the anti's would have a friggin field day with this one!!!!

Paul in North Lincs

• 2 weeks later...