Another totally unnecessary death

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again.....when will people learn, not sure i agree with the dangerous dogs per say, all dogs have teeth and can be dangerous [in australia the dog responsible for the most bites is the golden retriever!!!:o] its a lot about how they are brought up as well as their breeding, and the smaller breeds sometimes seem to make up for their lack of size with a big aggressive attitude [usually cos they are pampered and brought up by owners, with little understanding, as if they were a small child]. to a young child it doesnt matter the size of a dog even a small one can do the damage. unfortunately the reponsible owners will now pay the price as people shy away from any dog with the media frenzy. more and more we see peolpe crossing the road to aviod even the friendliest collies as parents drum into their children how dangerous dogs are....

dont know the full facts of this case but on face value anyone who leaves a child in company with a dog resulting in this type of incident should be scrutinised.

Natural' England have done a fair bit for farming. They speak at the young farmers groups aswell. Sorry if it caused offence baldrick.

It doesn't offend me, it merely surprises me that you feel strongly enough about NE to flash its logo. NE isn't exactly the force for good that the organisation's propaganda and YFC presentations would have you believe.

I heard on the news that the dogs were the grandmother's, and that the child was left in her care for the day by the parents. Talk about being persona non grata...

dogs and children do go together, i have a german sheperd and a 8 month old gran son the dog is very good with him. its the way the dogs are brought up.

With respect thats total ********...........its the way the children are brought up to become parents.

Tell me one good reason why someone who keeps a breed like a Staff, Rott. GS or Doberman would want to keep it in proximty to an infant.

These dogs are kept as status symbols by neandertals who dont have the intelligence to know better.

Only yesterday evening I passed one muppet out walking his Dob and Rott at -2 degrees with just a tee shirt on and only his tattoos to keep him warm.......what a total ********. !

dogs and children do go together, i have a german sheperd and a 8 month old gran son the dog is very good with him. its the way the dogs are brought up.

hmmm when i was young 14yrs we had a family german sheperd approx 5yr old had it from a pup police trained in its first 18 months one day it attacked me for no reason whatsoever biting my leg 2 weeks later it attacked my 18 yr old sister jumping up and biting her face for no reason what so ever dogs can turn at any time i was lucky my sister was scarred for life the sheperd was put down never trust a dog

I've said it before.. and I'll say it again.

These things SHOULD be on the dangerous dogs list !

Are you on Drugs?

You've only got to do a google news search with the term Staffordhire Bull Terrier to see that this simply is not the case!

Then do the same for any of the gundog breeds...

Their simply nothing more than dogs that were historically bred for fighting and seem to be the "great unwashed" dog of choice - perhaps even a c0ck extension for people who pose outside parades of shops selling drugs to school children :o you know the sort.

You won't change my mind after a recent vet bill which easily ran into 3 figures due to one of these not so "social" beasts.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=73852&hl=

dogs of that breed have it in them naturally. any "fighting" dog is one that needs to be watched. funny how you never hear of labs or collies going postal.

Ironic as it seems people say its the owners who are dangerous. who would you trust? the skinhead with the staffie, tattoos on knuckles ect, or the guy with the lab, who happens to have a room full of guns?

With respect thats total ********...........its the way the children are brought up to become parents.

Tell me one good reason why someone who keeps a breed like a Staff, Rott. GS or Doberman would want to keep it in proximty to an infant.

These dogs are kept as status symbols by neandertals who dont have the intelligence to know better.

Only yesterday evening I passed one muppet out walking his Dob and Rott at -2 degrees with just a tee shirt on and only his tattoos to keep him warm.......what a total ********. !

Jesus Christ, here we go, all the experts who know b*gger all about what they are talking about crawl out from under their stones again.

I have never had a Staffie for the pure and simple reason that I don't like them. I have however owned English Bull Terriers for nearly 30 years.

I am 51 years old, I am not a ********, I am not a neanderthal, I am not a drug dealer, I know how to use soap and water, I don't need a c*ck extension and I don't walk my dog in sub-zero temperatures wearing only a T shirt and Shorts so that I can show off my tattoos.

My dogs have never attacked anybody of any age. That doesn't mean that I would leave one unattended with a child, because I wouldn't.

If the Jack Russell and Staffie decided to eat the baby for lunch, you should be blaming the parents and owners, not the dogs. Screaming babies and kids running around like loonies can **** people off, let alone dogs.

Collies are snappy *******, I know people that have been bitten by Labradors and my old man got bitten in a pub by a bloody Chiahuahua!!! All dogs can turn nasty under certain circumstances so it is not fair to stereotype them.

GaryB, Martinmoreton and Fisherman Mike, you have just stereotyped me and I object to it. Stick to topics you know something about you idiots.

Jesus Christ, here we go, all the experts who know b*gger all about what they are talking about crawl out from under their stones again.

I have never had a Staffie for the pure and simple reason that I don't like them. I have however owned English Bull Terriers for nearly 30 years.

I am 51 years old, I am not a ********, I am not a neanderthal, I am not a drug dealer, I know how to use soap and water, I don't need a c*ck extension and I don't walk my dog in sub-zero temperatures wearing only a T shirt and Shorts so that I can show off my tattoos.

My dogs have never attacked anybody of any age. That doesn't mean that I would leave one unattended with a child, because I wouldn't.

If the Jack Russell and Staffie decided to eat the baby for lunch, you should be blaming the parents and owners, not the dogs. Screaming babies and kids running around like loonies can **** people off, let alone dogs.

Collies are snappy *******, I know people that have been bitten by Labradors and my old man got bitten in a pub by a bloody Chiahuahua!!! All dogs can turn nasty under certain circumstances so it is not fair to stereotype them.

GaryB, Martinmoreton and Fisherman Mike, you have just stereotyped me and I object to it. Stick to topics you know something about you idiots.

:o

So can I...... I just cant type very well.

Do you wear at shirt at -2 deg. and sport Tattoos though :good: :o

No offence meant but some people should be banned from keeping dogs full stop and this death was totally unnecessary and an utter tradegy.

I will re-phrase my earlier post and say that in 95% of cases of ownership of these breeds of dog its done for status and kudos and public adulation and to transmit that "look at me Im a hard man" image.

Tell me Im wrong but we all know Im not !

FM

id rather not be insulted thanks. personal attacks are not allowed as far as i remember.

No offence meant but some people should be banned from keeping dogs full stop and this death was totally unnecessary and an utter tradegy.

I will re-phrase my earlier post and say that in 95% of cases of ownership of these breeds of dog its done for status and kudos and public adulation and to transmit that "look at me Im a hard man" image.

FM

no, you arent wrong, which is why out of the litter of 5 rottie pups i had, 3 of them were given away for free to people i knew were sensible, i turned down several offers of £300+ for them because i wouldnt have trusted the people with a stuffed teddy bear - turning up covered in gold rings with tattoos and burburry baseball cap wont get you one of my pups.

dogs of that breed have it in them naturally. any "fighting" dog is one that needs to be watched. funny how you never hear of labs or collies going postal.

Ironic as it seems people say its the owners who are dangerous. who would you trust? the skinhead with the staffie, tattoos on knuckles ect, or the guy with the lab, who happens to have a room full of guns?

perhaps you should read this....

collie

Im not criticising people who keep these breeds sensibly, nor blaming the dog in these situations, but a least four times a year these deaths occur and its never a poodle or a springer or Mrs Jones the post mistress whose dog bit the paper boy.

Its a specific type of person with a specific type of dog. The evidence doesnt lie its there for all to see.

It was not my intention to stereotype you or indeed include you in this category and I apologise. However having previously worked for the RSPCA for a number of years and seen first hand the effects of a Terriers jaws on a 4 year olds face I think I do infact know a little more about this subject than you.

Cheers

FM

Im not criticising people who keep these breeds sensibly, nor blaming the dog in these situations, but a least four times a year these deaths occur and its never a poodle or a springer or Mrs Jones the post mistress whose dog bit the paper boy.

Its a specific type of person with a specific type of dog. The evidence doesnt lie its there for all to see.

It was not my intention to stereotype you or indeed include you in this category and I apologise. However having previously worked for the RSPCA for a number of years and seen first hand the effects of a Terriers jaws on a 4 year olds face I think I do infact no a little more about this subject than you.

Cheers

FM

Apology accepted FM. :o

I am pleased to hear that you are a former employee of the RSPCA, otherwise I would have to stereotype you with the current employees who are from my personal experience about as humane to Tawny Owls as the Jack Russell and Staffie were to the baby. :good::lol: :lol:

If any terrier attacks anything in anger it isn't going to be pretty. You don't need to be an expert to fathom that one out. :no: :look: :oops:

So would I. People in glass houses etc etc.

i never insulted you. please get it right before hammering away. i gave my opinion, and you took that personaly, your problem. you named me and called me an idiot.

So can I...... I just cant type very well.

Do you wear at shirt at -2 deg. and sport Tattoos though :lol::good:

FM

No tatoos im afraid and this time of year im wearing thermals... :o

I wanted a Rottie because it was a breed i'd always admired and it was nothing to do with its fearsome reputation.A well trained Rottweiler is at peace with itself and friendly,but i guess only another Rottie owner could relate to my description.Sadly they are prone to cancer and this was what my gentle giant sucumbed to at only 6 years old,but i genuinly know he changed a heck load of peoples opinions round here about the breed.To watch people go out of their way to fuss him made his relativly short existence all the more worthwhile.

Apology accepted FM. :o

I am pleased to hear that you are a former employee of the RSPCA, otherwise I would have to stereotype you with the current employees who are from my personal experience about as humane to Tawny Owls as the Jack Russell and Staffie were to the baby. :good::lol: :lol:

If any terrier attacks anything in anger it isn't going to be pretty. You don't need to be an expert to fathom that one out. :no: :look: :oops:

Sadly I couldnt disagree with your opinion of the current dealings of the RSPCA its all got far too political, but thats another topic.

No tatoos im afraid and this time of year im wearing thermals... :o

I wanted a Rottie because it was a breed i'd always admired and it was nothing to do with its fearsome reputation.A well trained Rottweiler is at peace with itself and friendly,but i guess only another Rottie owner could relate to my description.Sadly they are prone to cancer and this was what my gentle giant sucumbed to at only 6 years old,but i genuinly know he changed a heck load of peoples opinions round here about the breed.To watch people go out of their way to fuss him made his relativly short existence all the more worthwhile.

im really sorry to hear that, but i know what you mean :good: