Another totally unnecessary death

Fisherman Mike

Will these people ever learn that dogs and young children just dont go together............

"Officers were called to the home of the three-and-a-half-month-old in Ystrad Mynach, South Wales, shortly after midnight.

The baby was taken to the Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr Tydfil where he was pronounced dead.

A spokeswoman for Gwent Police said: "Although the exact cause of death has yet to be established, and a post-mortem is taking place this afternoon, it is believed the fatal injuries were caused by the family dogs - a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Jack Russell."

These reports make my Blood Boil....

FM

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before.. and I'll say it again.

These things SHOULD be on the dangerous dogs list !

I don't think so. Staffs are great dogs. I've never owned one personally but I know someone who has, plenty of times.

Edited by sirnovember

I thought staffie's were one of the best child freindly breeds.

Are you on Drugs?

You've only got to do a google news search with the term Staffordhire Bull Terrier to see that this simply is not the case!

Then do the same for any of the gundog breeds...

Their simply nothing more than dogs that were historically bred for fighting and seem to be the "great unwashed" dog of choice - perhaps even a c0ck extension for people who pose outside parades of shops selling drugs to school children :good: you know the sort.

You won't change my mind after a recent vet bill which easily ran into 3 figures due to one of these not so "social" beasts.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=73852&hl=

Sirnovember, as a member of a shooting forum, why do you have the Natural England logo on your signature?

I was going to ask the same question, but don't really get why being a member of a shooting forum would mean you shouldn't :good: .

Edited by 955i

Are you on Drugs?

You've only got to do a google news search with the term Staffordhire Bull Terrier to see that this simply is not the case!

Then do the same for any of the gundog breeds...

Their simply nothing more than dogs that were historically bred for fighting and seem to be the "great unwashed" dog of choice - perhaps even a c0ck extension for people who pose outside parades of shops selling drugs to school children :good: you know the sort.

You won't change my mind after a recent vet bill which easily ran into 3 figures due to one of these not so "social" beasts.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...c=73852&hl=

Staffs are fine with children, ready any dog book, or ask any owner for that fact. I never had one, but I've owned bulldog's before, which were "historically" bred for fighting as you put it, and they are fine with young children.

PS

The only drug I am high on is caffeine. You are simply deluded.

Edited by sirnovember

??? i hate jack russels, dogs are a great family pet if you get a dog from a puppy it can be brought up so well, we used to have a cavy (cavalier king charles spaniel) lovley as hell :good: he had to be put down due to a brain tumor, but he was the laziest most affecionate dog you could meet, i have a baby cousin and when we had gizzy he used to come in and lay with the baby and sleep, it was great and he was lovley he used to be great (if overweight ??? vet's used to say he was the fattest cavy they hadever seen ???) still it is how they are brought up,....

dogs of that breed have it in them naturally. any "fighting" dog is one that needs to be watched. funny how you never hear of labs or collies going postal.

Ironic as it seems people say its the owners who are dangerous. who would you trust? the skinhead with the staffie, tattoos on knuckles ect, or the guy with the lab, who happens to have a room full of guns?

Staffs are fine with children, ready any dog book, or ask any owner for that fact. I never had one, but I've owned bulldog's before, which were "historically" bred for fighting as you put it, and they are fine with young children.

PS

The only drug I am high on is caffeine. You are simply deluded.

obviously the staff involved had not read your book! what was it narnia?

I seriously hope whoever it was that left a baby alone with dogs is done for manslaughter, christ its not as if one should not be aware of such things its not a "one off" is it.

KW

:no: i hate jack russels, dogs are a great family pet if you get a dog from a puppy it can be brought up so well, we used to have a cavy (cavalier king charles spaniel) lovley as hell :good: he had to be put down due to a brain tumor, but he was the laziest most affecionate dog you could meet, i have a baby cousin and when we had gizzy he used to come in and lay with the baby and sleep, it was great and he was lovley he used to be great (if overweight :lol: vet's used to say he was the fattest cavy they hadever seen :lol:) still it is how they are brought up,....

why the hatred for the jack russels? i love em - i've got two!! but i would never leave a very young child alone with ANY dog - they all have the capability - its just not worth the risk. :o

obviously the staff involved had not read your book! what was it narnia?

I seriously hope whoever it was that left a baby alone with dogs is done for manslaughter, christ its not as if one should not be aware of such things its not a "one off" is it.KW

sums it up really. :o