Ted and Rainer

Guest Patsmash

Guest Patsmash

We have done some serious pest control on this particular farm over the last few weeks taking 122 rabbits to date and today we thought we'd have some fun instead. Bolting rabbits and a few rats to the dogs. :toast: The buries that stretch along these dykes are normally only a few holes each and only hold a few rabbits if your lucky mainly due to flooding and what not, but never the less we had some good sport with Rainer and Ted being in good form and not missing much at all today. Some good catches from both dogs one being Ted striking a submerged rat, he's marking was spot on as well and saved a lot time from ferreting unoccupied buries. Anyway here's a few picture's from today's outing.........................Total bag 19 rabbits and one rat :good:

DSC_0073-3.jpg

DSC_0075-2.jpg

DSC_0076-1.jpg

DSC_0094-2.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0124-1.jpg

DSC_0126-2.jpg

DSC_0131-1.jpg

fantastic photos nice looking dogs. used to be into lurchers big time, my dad used to judge a lot of the lurcher and terrier shows down our neck of woods, used to have some top dogs me and my dad, since he died i am more into shooting now, looking at them photos mate brings a lot of happy memories of my dad keep on doing the photos

cheers dave

Stunning, so much so I've even got Mrs P. in to have a look, (she's impressed - but she liked the one of the dog jumping the long net on a previous post, the best so far).

As asked earlier in this post, Mrs P. wants to know what camera you're using, it must have a bloody fast shutter speed.

She's also suggested I get a dog like yours - 'cos it seems to get more rabbits than I do at the mo :good:

Keep up the good work and make sure you're archiving all your pics, they're a fantastic record of a hobby that not too many people know about :o

P.

Guest Patsmash
Stunning, so much so I've even got Mrs P. in to have a look, (she's impressed - but she liked the one of the dog jumping the long net on a previous post, the best so far).

As asked earlier in this post, Mrs P. wants to know what camera you're using, it must have a bloody fast shutter speed.

She's also suggested I get a dog like yours - 'cos it seems to get more rabbits than I do at the mo :lol:

Keep up the good work and make sure you're archiving all your pics, they're a fantastic record of a hobby that not too many people know about :o

P.

Hello Pedro the camera is only a Nikon D40 with a Tamron70-300 lens they are very cheap to buy now but the only drawback I have with it is that it only shoots 2.5 frames a second and the action is normally over very quickly....................cheers for the replies ladies and Gents much appreciated :good: