The Essex Masters Booking Thread

Mungler

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, there's some bizarre Essex logic at work here, if my memory is correct I shot an abysmal 152 ex 200, and you shot a mediocre 147 ex 200 which would have won you diddly squat in your proper "A" class.

The score over any 100 bird section is acedemic, it's the score ex 200 that matters. :good:

Cat.

Shhhhh the competition was over 2 x 100 bird layouts hence the black and red courses, which when combined add upto 200.

I wooped you over 100 birds and I only shoot crappy haybales :lol:

All those miles, all those subs, all those registered events..... You want to get yourself to where the real shooting is.

We should have a settle up at JJs or Copfurn? I would suggest Southdown but I don't think that registered nonsense is worthy :lol:

We should have a settle up at JJs or Copfurn? I would suggest Southdown but I don't think that registered nonsense is worthy :lol:

Hmmm, we had it last year at Drayton Parslow, remember..? :lol:

You bottled it. :lol:

Still, the Southdown Grand Masters ain't Registered so you don't need to be a CPSA member to shoot it, just don't conveniently "forget" about your classification when booking in. :good:

That will be a true test of shooting skill, and I, nor anybody else with an ounce of common sense could claim any sort of victory having only shot half the course.

See you there, I'll buy you a Bacon Sarnie as I hear you're into porkies. :lol:

Cat.

Hmmm, there's some bizarre Essex logic at work here, if my memory is correct I shot an abysmal 152 ex 200, and you shot a mediocre 147 ex 200 which would have won you diddly squat in your proper "A" class.

The score over any 100 bird section is acedemic, it's the score ex 200 that matters. :good:

Cat.

So what did 152 get you in AA class? Apart from being laughed at.

Straight proposition requiring a simple yes or no.

Take these registered boys out of their usual haunts and they are all over the shop.

By my scores I am at best a decent C class shooter, but I do get bored of the elitest drivel and lampooning of haybales. On Cat's current form and given that Copfurn is my local haybale (and it ain't straightforward) I think he will lose. I might offer to cough for his petrol in addition.

Cat fancy a £100 settle up at copfurn this sunday?

That would be the easiest £100 a shooter of your standing would make.

Gauntlet duly laid.

No, because, a) - I'd never hear the last of it, being harangued for fleecing a "King of the Strawbalers". :lol:

:lol: - I'm already committed to shooting at Sarfdarn, 100 bird Reg Sporting, plus a 100 bird Reg Sportrap.

Anyway, don't fret, we'll meet up soon enough. :good:

Cat.

No, because, a) - I'd never hear the last of it, being harangued for fleecing a "King of the Strawbalers". :lol:

:lol: - I'm already committed to shooting at Sarfdarn, 100 bird Reg Sporting, plus a 100 bird Reg Sportrap.

Anyway, don't fret, we'll meet up soon enough. :rolleyes:

Cat.

Me thinketh the lady doth protest too much :lol:

Cat, if it makes you feel better, when you do eventually shed your chicken feathers, I'll come down just so you can say you beat someone :lol:

I reckon neutral venue within easy reach of both, say Drinkstone. Good targets, Neither Haybaler nor (What I would call although CPSA may classify different) a premier ground. Plenty of England Shots shoot it and some end up crying. Home of the Welhams, Thorrold et al plus one or two other minor CPSA stars, so can't be that bad. Proper club house, normally a pool shoot to boot. Mixture of stands with plenty of Sky and some with plenty of trees.

A Ground that I personally hate with a passion, but I'm prepared to be embarassed (Shot clays once in eight months) if it means this childish running away from a challange everytime comes to an end. :lol:

SS