The Essex Masters Booking Thread

Mungler

Cheers guys top company, top weather, top targets a blinding day, think goes without saying we all missed a few we probably shouldn't of but that's why we keep going back,

PDLM stop beating yourself up we've ALL been there, shoot your way out of it,

Tubby, toothless, wizened, wrinkled old man ****, good job he'll be the last one back, probably stopping off at Morrisons as we speak stocking up on jam.

Of the three of these we've done now i think this one was the best to date, being Squad No 1 out certainly had its' advantages, all those empty stands, bliss

Oh and i'm never gonna question that Rottweiler again, i like my gonads exactly where they are thanks

Great day guys, to be repeated :innocent:

TP

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back to Mancsville at 16:15. Greased Lightning.

Didn't stop, motorway services are for tarts. Just **** your pants and keep going :lol:

Chaps who shoot go-faster bitchmutha FITAAAAAAASC Extreme Range Hull Sovereign Turbo Whoppa-Stoppas don't stop in the services :innocent:

What a great day, I'll be up for that next year :blink:

Got my 130 (just) - very good targets and a great craic. Nice to meet some new gaylordian faces and a few old ones, I've got a few photos of ********, I'll put on in a bit, didn't take many :lol:

Edited by Chard

Didn't stop, motorway services are for tarts. Just **** your pants and keep going :P

Chaps who shoot go-faster bitchmutha FITAAAAAAASC Extreme Range Hull Sovereign Turbo Whoppa-Stoppas don't stop in the services :D

What a great day, I'll be up for that next year :lol:

Got my 130 (just) - very good targets and a great craic. Nice to meet some new gaylordian faces and a few old ones, I've got a few photose of ********, I'll put on in a bit, didn't take many :lol:

Fair play to you,

You got home almost as fast as I did, I was home just after 4PM after being stuck behind some knobhead in a convertible mazda out for a sunday drive on a saturday.

dsc00866j.jpg

Broken Man - good shooting today. Watch out Cat :P

dsc00868.jpg

MC, Tosspot, Mungler, Bagsy, Yoda in the chair :D

dsc00869.jpg

Care in the Community :lol::P:lol: Evil "The F@rt" Elvis. No wonder he's colour blind looking through those ******* bins. I bet they turn anything orange to green and vice-versa :lol:

dsc00871z.jpg

MC, Evil Elvis and Lefty

Edited by Chard

Christ I must have been knackered when I wrote that - I meant 19:15 :lol:

I went to put my feet up shortly afterwards, because I had backache/legache/feetache and that was it - spark out :lol:

Think I'm getting old.

One observation of the shoot, after I had invested in my go-faster bitchmutha FITAAAAAAASC Extreme Range Hull Sovereign Turbo Whoppa-Stoppas - there wasn't any long range stuff :P:D

All short to mid range. There were some very quick ones, but no long distances.

A very cleverly set course. Nothing silly and impossibly hard, just relentlessly awkward. You could never just relax and pop away. :lol:

Good luck today Cat, no holding hands behind the CPSA stand :P

The power of this forum is amazing.

I put "Essex Masters" into Google (to see if there is a webby with the results) and this thread popped up as top of the shop:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=77545

Strange that for such a popular shoot there is f-all on the web from the organisers- not even Essex Gun made it into the Google results.

If I had half a mind I would suggest to Essex Gun (and other competition organisers) to post the results on the PWF.

Discuss.

The power of this forum is amazing.

I put "Essex Masters" into Google (to see if there is a webby with the results) and this thread popped up as top of the shop:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=77545

Strange that for such a popular shoot there is f-all on the web from the organisers- not even Essex Gun made it into the Google results.

If I had half a mind I would suggest to Essex Gun (and other competition organisers) to post the results on the PWF.

Discuss.

There's a link to the results so far on the Essex Gun website.

Edited by Chard

Flippin eck Chardus, if that stays I think you will find that 2nd in C Class has some serously not bad booty attached to it.

Back of the net son :lol:

I bet that wind's dropped in Essex today hasn't it? There's no wind at all in Manchester. That should make it easy for Cat and the Sunday drivers :D

Edited by Chard

Not sure I understand how it's ordered though... am I missing something? Scores aren't in descending order? :good::hmm:

They give you a hike in placings if you're well 'ard :P :blink: :blush:

After all, it is the Essex Masters, innit?

Edited by Chard

So when we going to see all your scores posted then :blush:

First layout was 64 for me. Utter **** start, got better towards the end. Serious trigger problems this weekend, worse than ever even after having the pulls lightened.

Second layout, again, krap start and got krapper towards the end leading to an appalling showing on the driven stand, and a total blank/duck on the next, so I mentally gave up and was just going through the motions on the remainder. Totally childish thing to do, but hey, adults are allowed to sulk as well, aren't they!? :good: 57/100

3 goes on the Pool Shoot. 1st round was a 10 during lunch. After we finished the main shoot, tried two more times scoring less each time.....

Mung shot awesomely well on one of his Pool attempts, with my gun incidentely (that he doesn't like), and only dropped two birds. :blink:

121/200 overall.

Well, it was a good shoot, I'd have to say not the most exciting layout I've ever shot there, but nevertheless there were some good targets.

Started on the black layout with a straight, but had a couple of seriously bad stands on the way round to finish on a below par 74. :blush:

The last few stands on that layout were a real eyesight test, with those edge on orange birds catching plenty of good shots out.

I had an appalling start on the black layout, missed 4 on the stand over the lake, but caught up a bit later on, straighted the final stand, (L/R Battue & going away standard), for a pretty dreadful 78. :hmm: , total 152. :blink:

I was in good company, everybody on my squad shot well below their potential, OK, the strong wind was a factor, but we all missed more than we should have.

Right, I'm off to stand in the corner with the dunces cap on my head, "onwards & upwards" as they say, roll on the English at High Lodge..!! :good:

Cat.

Well, it was a good shoot, I'd have to say not the most exciting layout I've ever shot there, but nevertheless there were some good targets.

Started on the black layout with a straight, but had a couple of seriously bad stands on the way round to finish on a below par 74. :blush:

The last few stands on that layout were a real eyesight test, with those edge on orange birds catching plenty of good shots out.

I had an appalling start on the black layout, missed 4 on the stand over the lake, but caught up a bit later on, straighted the final stand, (L/R Battue & going away standard), for a pretty dreadful 78. :hmm: , total 152. :blink:

I was in good company, everybody on my squad shot well below their potential, OK, the strong wind was a factor, but we all missed more than we should have.

Right, I'm off to stand in the corner with the dunces cap on my head, "onwards & upwards" as they say, roll on the English at High Lodge..!! :good:

Cat.

You shot the black layout twice, then - wish I'd thought of that :P