The Essex Masters Booking Thread

Mungler

Yes well done Andy,

Cat,

If it is any consolation I didn't shoot any where near my average either, although you would say I was makings excuses.

I have worked out why you shoot with all you do, it is so you can keep the winning feeling going. It is a bit like the old man who runs the youth club just so he can listen to the latest tunes.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely gutted i didn't make it now (Apologies for the early morning garbled texticular activity Mung). Had restless daughter syndrome in the evening with the 5 year old and 8 year old up most of the night with belly ache, ear ache and general a**e ache!! Meant i began the drive on about an hours sleep and decided that going cross eyed on the motorway with 60 odd miles to go was not a good thing!!

Well done one and all that attended - Will ensure i pack the wife and kids away for next year!!

I found it interesting that I carried on with the same nonsense that I do at Worsley. I got 7/8 on two of the hardest stands and made a total **** of some of the easier ones, it was like home from home :lol:

The one towards the end of the Red layout, with the fast teal veering off to the left, and the other one a left to right loopy thing that was trying its best to get into the tree - 7/8

The one on the Black layout after the simo driven pair, a left to right orange fast and low crosser, followed by a weird coloured right to left fastish crosser/quartering away thing - 7/8

Then you get that dumb**** simo pair of loopy floppers on the Black course and I screw it up because I can't decide which one to take first and end up halving it or worse :lol::good::lol:

That is why we keep going back Chard,

We have to be humiliated at least once a year.

I only wist I could have shot the courses in the same way as I shot the pool shoot. Perhaps next year we should start later and have a couple of rounds on the pool first.

Edited by MC

That is why we keep going back Chard,

We have to be humiliated at least once a year

I only wist I could have shot the courses in the same way as I shot the pool shoot. Perhaps next year we should start later and have a couple of rounds on the pool first.

Yes indeed, one for the diary next year. "Essex Trousers Down and Bend Over Day" :good:

That would be a good idea if it's allowed. I felt that I would have benefited from having a few shots before we started. I think we all got a case of nerves at the beginning. As Tosspot said, it was all banter wandering over to the first stand, but it dried up and got a bit sphincter-twitching when the shooting started :lol:

Edited by Chard

ha, i wish. lack of shooting put paid to me really. was hoping for 130 which i would have been more than happy with considering. wasnt to be though, ended with 128, close. 139 won but couldnt tell you the name as cant remember. cracking hodnet shoot though as usual but 15 stands of 5 pairs takes it out of you. must practice more.

ha, i wish. lack of shooting put paid to me really. was hoping for 130 which i would have been more than happy with considering. wasnt to be though, ended with 128, close. 139 won but couldnt tell you the name as cant remember. cracking hodnet shoot though as usual but 15 stands of 5 pairs takes it out of you. must practice more.

Sounds like a good score to me :good:

You'll definitely have to give this Essex thing a go next year :lol:

It's official, I am in the prizes (just mind you :lol: )

And of course I get to say to Cat that "you are only as good as your last 100 clays" double wokka wokkas and tonics all round :lol::lol:

Well, I wouldn't get too excited about your win, as there's a stewards enquiry in progress about you shooting in the U/C class.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the CPSA website not have you down as an "A" class shooter..?? :good::lol::lol:

Classifications are a bit like points on your licence, they stay with you for a bit.

I'll keep quiet if you will. :lol:

Cat.

Well, I wouldn't get too excited about your win, as there's a stewards enquiry in progress about you shooting in the U/C class.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the CPSA website not have you down as an "A" class shooter..?? :good::lol::lol:

Classifications are a bit like points on your licence, they stay with you for a bit.

I'll keep quiet if you will. :lol:

Cat.

Correct me If I am wrong but shouldn't there be astewards enquiry into YOU shooting in AA class. Your performance seems to suggest you should be a bit lower down the list than that.

Not in the CPSA dear boy, I have paid my last pound to that mob.

Besides, Essex Gun can keep the 100 carts prize, I was in it to administer a sound thrashing over a 100 birds to.....

Yes, but you're still classified as an "A" class shooter, that's precisely why those rules are in place, to prevent unscrupulous people doing just what you have done, albeit in your case probably inadvertently, you must have just "forgotten" about your "A" classification, perhaps you can blame it on the big breakfast in the Halstead Cafe..? :lol:

Still, no excuses from now on, eh...wokka wokka.. :lol:

Roll on the Grand Masters at Southdown. :good:

Cat.

Yes, but you're still classified as an "A" class shooter, that's precisely why those rules are in place, to prevent unscrupulous people doing just what you have done, albeit in your case probably inadvertently, you must have just "forgotten" about your "A" classification, perhaps you can blame it on the big breakfast in the Halstead Cafe..? :lol:

Still, no excuses from now on, eh...wokka wokka.. :lol:

Roll on the Grand Masters at Southdown. :good:

Cat.

Sorry Cat, you lost me there for a mo, I was just thinking back to saturday and my 79/100 on the black course.

Now where were we. Oh yes, I will telephone Essex Gun tomorrow to make certain that there is no confusion. I would not wish for any query over something as insignificant as my historic ex CPSA classification over a total of 3 shoots well over a year ago to detract from my score.

My score is of course not connected to my classification or connected to matters relating to a 3 year novice non CPSA hay baler wooooping the mighty Cat.

You are only as good as your last 100 reg'd eh?

Sorry Cat, you lost me there for a mo, I was just thinking back to saturday and my 79/100 on the black course.

Now where were we. Oh yes, I will telephone Essex Gun tomorrow to make certain that there is no confusion. I would not wish for any query over something as insignificant as my historic ex CPSA classification over a total of 3 shoots well over a year ago to detract from my score.

My score is of course not connected to my classification or connected to matters relating to a 3 year novice non CPSA hay baler wooooping the mighty Cat.

You are only as good as your last 100 reg'd eh?

Hmmm, there's some bizarre Essex logic at work here, if my memory is correct I shot an abysmal 152 ex 200, and you shot a mediocre 147 ex 200 which would have won you diddly squat in your proper "A" class.

The score over any 100 bird section is acedemic, it's the score ex 200 that matters. :good:

Cat.