Imminent ban ???

old rooster

Been listening to the news today and the woman whose 2 year old baby was shot by some moron with an air rifle is calling for them to be banned. While I have every sympathy with her for her tragic and utterly wasteful loss banning air guns will not solve the problem. We would all be better off joining together to petition the government to return the death penalty and severe sentences for manslaughter and other crimes of violence. Ironically this piece of scum wasn't shooting at the baby but apparently at fire fighters nearby, wouldn't be murder as he didn't kill the person he was trying to shoot !!. (Keep your head down Vermin Dropper !!)

Don't forget what happened with the hand gun ban !!. One incident was all they needed to supposedly justify their pointless action in banning hand guns, despite it being categorically proven that the killer in that case had repeatedly demonstrated to police that allowing him to renew his licence was innapropriate.

Hand guns banned....hand gun crime goes through the roof so no effect apart from depriving people of the freedom to pursue a hobby and a massive waste of public money to compensate the gun owners.

We live in very disturbing times, the knee jerk reaction seemingly rules, trouble is the country is "led" by a jerk, namely Mr. B.Liar.

Ban football and ban Cars a damn site more people get killed as a result of them than guns.

Better still stop the ban culture altogether and punish people acording to the crime they commited.

Dave

Precisely, it's about time we got back to sanity instead of all this wishy washy do gooders ****.

You can't ban airguns because someone was killed! People get killed by cars but they aren't banned. Its a sad story that the kid died, but banning airguns won't help. Old Rooster, i don't think they should bring back the death scentence for manslaughter. Manslaughter is accidental right? Though seeing as the **** was firing at firefighters, i think it should count as murder, and he should be shot, or hung, or drowned, or burned, or something :<

You can't ban airguns because someone was killed!

That is exactly what happened to handguns after Dunblane! They can and will do so if they wish.

If a politician sees mileage in banning them then logic will not matter and they will press ahead regardless of any argument to the contrary from shooters. The trick is to ensure that there is no mileage in a ban by getting the public at large to accept the child was killed by a person and not by an inanimate airgun. Ensuring the public adopt this attitude robs the politicians fire of fuel meaning they'll move onto some other topic.

It does'nt take them long .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4322109.stm

Scotland's gun laws could be changed to bring in a total ban on air rifles and pistols after the death of a Glasgow toddler, the first minister has said.

So why not ban knives,cars,hammers,trains,planes etc etc as these all kill people too.

Idiots !

:devil:

Why punish the majority for the crimes of one...

If the Scottish Government want to show their teeth they have the opportunity now to throw the book at this degenerate and make sure he is put away for a long time.

I doubt very much that this will happen as censorship against the innocent majority is the far easier option and will no doubt appease the poor parents of that unfortunate child.

That said, I have long been of the opinion that air weapons should be licenced and those records held with the County Constabulary. The licence should be produced by the trader on purchase and deposited with the police. Modern air rifles are not toys and are too widely available to too many idiots like the one in question.

FM.

It does'nt take them long .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4322109.stm

Scotland's gun laws could be changed to bring in a total ban on air rifles and pistols after the death of a Glasgow toddler, the first minister has said.

So why not ban knives,cars,hammers,trains,planes etc etc as these all kill people too.

Idiots !

:devil:

Think you'll find most useable knives are already banned !!

I wouldn't put it past this poxy government to ban anything, as 1 of 5 said remember Dunblane !!

What a sad society and getting worse all the time.

How the hell could ever enforce a ban of air rifles and pistols have they got any idea how many there are in circulation!!!

Look at the brocock ban how many of them have been handed in or put on FAC's not even half was the figure last i heard quoted!!

Its just a knee jerk reaction to a very, very unfortunate situation!!

I hope that given time this will just all blow over.

From a SkyNews web page:

www.sky.com/skynews/artic...32,00.html

"And he (Bliar)said he was concerned about the country wasting disproportionate amounts of money dealing with relatively insignificant problems, simply because a scare has been whipped up around them."

I think I heard on Radio5Live this morning that he now wants to ban airguns!

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4322109.stm

I imagine that they would have to take an official stance on the subject of Air Arms after the unfortunate incodent. I don't think a nationwide ban would be the result, more likely they would enforce licensing. Enforcing a ban would be an incredible task, as mentioned earlier.

I for one wouldnt mind haveing to license, i've nothing to hide but a poorly chosen log in name! :devil:

Regards,

Axe

Edited by Axemaniac

Watch out for a knee-jerk reaction like the aftermath of Dunblane, What has the handgun ban actually acheived?

All is has done is deprive the responsible law abiding community of their hobby, has it taken guns off CRIMINALS?......like hell it has! :<

I live in the Greater Manchester area, gun crime is rife, it is so common that it rarely makes the news these days, we have gangs of teenage kids in certain parts of Manchester actually standing on street corners openly displaying their guns. :<

Ban airguns, firearms, or knives, the scum of this society will ALWAYS be able to aquire whatever weapons they want. :<

Ban airguns, firearms, or knives, the scum of this society will ALWAYS be able to aquire whatever weapons they want. :<

Quite right,

A fact which even my Local Fire Arms Licencing officer has recognised.

We have banned Heroin, Cocaine and other such Narcotics but it has done didly squat to control Drug related crimes.

I am sure if you wanted to you could get hold of a handgun in any major Town or City in Britain.

I have said before that we need to concentrate on this Drug, Alcohol and Knife wealding culture which appears to be indemic in our society today.

FM.

I wouldn't mind having to get a permit or whatever. Infact I would go so far as to say I would even get a cbinet to lock it in if it meant me keeping it.

The law on knives is a joke. You ban the "hunting" knives and have even bigger ones in the kitchen openly on display for the world to get hold of!

The worlds going mad. It's a right ******* muddle.

Any want to join a self sufficent commune in the middle of nowhere ?

No hippy nonsense just honest straight thinking people!! :devil:

I wouldn't mind having to get a permit or whatever. Infact I would go so far as to say I would even get a cbinet to lock it in if it meant me keeping it.

Sorry but I have to disagree with all this "licensing" bit. What does it achieve when the licence holders invariably aren't the problem ?.

What we need across the board in this country is a return to individual accountability and severe punishment for infringement of sensibly thought out laws.

If someone commits a crime while intoxicated or drugged up to the eyeballs that's no mitigating circumstance, responsibility should be the name of the game.

Our whole lives are controlled by a licence for this a permit for that and blanket restrictive legislation to stop individuals using their own common sense to live in a socially acceptable fashion. All of this legislation is designed or devised to cater for the worst case individual but ironically they are the very paople who will never take any notice of the legislation. Hence morons shooting people with air rifles, ****** and gangs of young hooligans owning illegal firearms and using them whenever they see fit and generally living totally outside the law.

Gang of ****** recently bought a piece of farm land near where my Mother lives, turned up with loads of caravans, cut into mains electric and water supplies and took up residence. Went round for a look at the weekend and they've put in roads, fenced the whole lot off and nobody has done a thing about it. Law unto themselves, if I'd put up a house extension in the area without planning permission the local council would have torn it down and charged me for the privelege.

Difference is I'm a law abiding, tax and council tax paying citizen while they are a "minority group" who can't be seen to be persecuted.

As somebody recently said "last ENGLISHMAN out of the country turn the light off, unless the ****** have nicked the bulb first"

Snakebite,Could'nt agree more.

At any 'market' you can buy a set of 'kitchen' knives for £1.99, and a mail order air rifle with two tins of pellets for under £90.

Also agree with Ole Rooster on punishment - there is no punishment for crime, its a huge joke.

PHYSICAL PUNISHMENT IS NEEDED for ALL violent criminals and for starters bring back the birch, when the Isle of Man(up to the mid-seventies) issued two strokes of the birch for a first public order offence and six for any consecutive offence no-one ever returned for a second helping!!!!!!!!

Convicted rapists, peados, manslaughters, murderers, old folk bashers, freaked out druggies, drug dealers and terrorists, I would offer them the needle or the noose after first birching them heavily.

Does anyone know if there is any political party who is advocating similar?

Edited by Country Boy

In the paper this morning "drunk man kills best friend with air rifle"

Here we go again!

The rifle was loaded and cocked in the bedroom, man goes and points rifle at best friend, pulls trigger, pellet enters best friends eye and penetrates brain.

Result one dead best friend.

What's going to happen now is that the slightest incident involving an air rifle is going to be blown up in the press and the "right on" brigade is going to have a field day.

Cant they just realise it was a stupid man doing stupid things with an item that demands respect and not the fault of the gun itself?

Probably not.

That commune idea of mine sounds more promising with each passing day.

that would mean changing the firearms laws, as you only need a liscence for a expanding projectile (b/t) so if you find a projectile which is clasified as a target projectile you require no liscence........this would have to change if an airgun pelet required a liscence