is it possible to be poisoned by lead pellets?

willbick

Lead oxidises, on the pellets will be a fine powder, this powder if ingested will give you lead poisoning, which i believe gives you brain damage.

I have been handling lead for many years and dont have dain brammage, but do have tooth and hair loss :good:

If you cant master the art of eating without licking your hands i wouldnt fancy standing next to you when you have a gun! Fishermen who handle maggots constantly seem able to eat sandwiches without enjoying the delcate flavour of blue bottle-just dont eat the bit that you are holding.

I am affraid that most of these answers pamper to the media histeria and sensationalism which sells newspapers.

If you licked your fingers after using pellets once, twice or even three times, absolutly NOTHING will happen.

If you did it every day for years and years you MIGHT have problems.

The body can handle the minute quantities without a problem it is only a regular build up of a foreign substance that will do damage.

Do yourself a favour, don't lick your dirty fingers to often and stop worrying.

ah so thats whats martinmoreton did :lol:

hahaha, very good :yes::lol:

Ok.......................

1. licking your fingers after handling a pellet wont kill you.

2. when lead enters your bloodstream, it stays there FOREVER! :yes:

3. how many tins are you eating each day?

4. KFC are now doing a takeaway bucket that has wet wipes in it, you should be fine.

5.........dont go shooting with Col s10, as he looks at men in "that way" :hmm:

When i was a lot younger ( 16 or 17 as i remember ) i used to have a crossman pump up pistol...............now i know this is/was a stupid thing to do BUT i pumped it up as much as i could and fired it against the palm of my hand to see how much pressure came out :lol: unfortunately it was loaded :yes: it put a hole in my hand and i thought WOW! that must have some power to do that with just air......to cut a long story short...i had a 1.77 lead pellet stuck in the palm of my hand for 4yrs before going to the hospital and having it cut out ( i still have it over 25yrs later in a specimen bottle ) it looked the same as it did when it came out as when it went it,so i had it in my body for 4 yrs and it did not affect me at all.

When i was a lot younger ( 16 or 17 as i remember ) i used to have a crossman pump up pistol...............now i know this is/was a stupid thing to do BUT i pumped it up as much as i could and fired it against the palm of my hand to see how much pressure came out :lol: unfortunately it was loaded :yes: it put a hole in my hand and i thought WOW! that must have some power to do that with just air......to cut a long story short...i had a 1.77 lead pellet stuck in the palm of my hand for 4yrs before going to the hospital and having it cut out ( i still have it over 25yrs later in a specimen bottle ) it looked the same as it did when it came out as when it went it,so i had it in my body for 4 yrs and it did not affect me at all.

nope, i think you might have been daft before the accident. :lol::yes: