Rugby

pat 1

Am not overly confident, so think I'd better start practising my French!!

Trouble with England is that now we've thrown the tournament away we'll probably play like demons and win by a stupid cricket score

I wouldn't worry about your French after that match. I think the England V France game today has been the best of the tournament! The first half was great to watch to see England keeping some sort of formation in the backs. I don't think they've played that well for two years.

Lewis

Ireland`s championship on a plate, well done guys :good:

Hmm, they still have to beat Wales.

They've been lucky enough to get this far, the only difference last Saturday was Stringer's

break away try, Scotland could easily have drawn/won.

They didn't win convincingly over France or England either.

If they play like they have been I think Wales will beat them (although not if Wales

play like they did against Italy). If they play with a bit of passion they could win it OK.

Lets hope it's a good game with Irland winning by two converted tries. :-)

Nial

Wales for the Triple Crown and the Championship to Ireland. To beat any team in this poor 6 nations by more than 13 points is a feat that IMHO is beyond Wales at the moment.

England played well last weekend, simply because they kept the whole team on the field for 80 minutes. The only reason for that was, they were never put under pressure and did not have to spoil and kill the ball, the French forgot to turn up.

TC

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our English dead.

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage;

Then lend the eye a terrible aspect;.......

.......And you, good yeoman,

Whose limbs were made in England, show us here

The mettle of your pasture; let us swear

That you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not;

For there is none of you so mean and base,

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit, and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!

:yes: Bring on the Scots !!!!!

Ha... And the French didn't turn up on that occasion either, did they? But still the myth lives on!

My heart's with Wales but my money's on Ireland - has been since the first weekend, so I'm either going to be happy or financially better off or just singing and beyond caring. I'm also hoping Wayne Barnes is going to be as strict at enforcing the laws of offside and 'game-killing' as he has been in the past with the All Blacks.

Come tomorrow the wonderful english media will be missing the point as usual and calling for Martin Johnson to be knighted or for the return of Sir Clive Woodward (personally, I think the latter).

...but between now and then we have the prospect of some fantastic sport/ale/banter that will be over all too quickly, so enjoy every minute.

.......but between now and then we have the prospect of some fantastic sport/ale/banter that will be over all too quickly, so enjoy every minute.

You better believe it, I`ll be in a local hostelry in my England shirt, surrounded by the local rugby club players and supporters !!

Bring it on !