Shoot on my land - invitation

land_owner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuzzy I am surprised that you have to ask a question like that :):)

My dad taught me an old rhyme when i was a kid and seems like he was correct

Love Many, Trust few, and always paddle your own canoe

To be honest i have nothing against southerners,blacks, whites, chinks, arabs, frogs, wops or wogs , There is good and bad everywhere.

In fact my grand father on my mothers side came from Cornwall

I am however very wary of people offering something for nothing, because if there is one thing i have learned in this life, it is that you get nowt for nowt

Cranfield that site is quite good, looks like we can get a bit more for our money than you guys down south

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/par-red-gap-wood.htm

As you can see from here; http://www.woodlands.co.uk/ you could get 10 acres in parts of Kent for £35000.

i believe that woodlands put a clause on their land saying that a minimum of pest control may take place, so basically no shoointg (or words to that effect) as my family was looking at buying some land to eventually build on (also not allowed by woodlands)

but they want so much, and you get such little, we never looked at woodlands again

Eve fella's

Glad to read you thought mine was the original post !!

To put you out of your misery .... It was'nt .

Anyways how's this for an idea .. Now you'll have to take a few of the prices at the last time i rented a strip of land .

The average price per acre of land in my neck of the woods 2 years ago was approx £135 per acre as a fallow (no crops , just weeds )

So a nice plot of land would be lets say for arguments sake 20 acres .

20 acres X £135 per acre = £2700 .

There are 2 roots at this you could either sub let the land to another farmer , on the premise that he grows rape on the land .

Or

You could become the "farmer" yourself . You get contactors in to plough , drill and tend (spraying and fertilizer) the crops . When the crop is grown you get the contractor to harvest , haul from the field and then dry the crop . You collect the moneys for the crop and the cap/ area aid payments on your land .

http://www.fwi.co.uk/markets.asp?hier=270&sec=215

all the best yis yp :huh:

Edited by Yorkshire Pudding

Kieth,

I am not really a Mackem, I was offshore last week and bored so most of my posts were just a bit of fun

I couldnt give a damn about any footie club and if they all went bankrupt tomorrow I wouldnt care, as this would leave the TV time to put on decent sports.

Most of my saturday afternoons are spent in your neck of the woods (Monkey hanging Country) :lol::huh:???:lol:

I'm impressed with all the interest in this thread. I've had a few genuine inquiries from people looking for a different venue to shoot.

As we've seen in this thread, people aren't exactly offering their land to shooters left right and center - ironicly least of all the critics of my original post!

If anybody wants somewhere else to shoot -- airguns or anything else -- you're welcome to try my woods in Kent - just send me an email.

Finding new places to shoot needn't be difficult if us shooters make arrangements to pool and share our resources. Don't worry, it's not communism... Yet! :huh:

land_owner, please don't try to convince anyone you are a generous soul.

You are prepared to let people shoot over your 5 acres of woodland in Kent for "donations", the going rate seems to be about £25 per day.

That is a commercial entrerprise and (in my opinion), not very good value for money.

Thats fair enough, its your business and nobody is forced to take up your deal.

What we don't need is the sarcasm about, "Finding new places to shoot needn't be difficult if us shooters make arrangements to pool and share our resources. ".

You are not "sharing your resources", you are renting them out.

I hope you are making a donation to PigeonWatch for the advertising.

Quote Land Owner "As we've seen in this thread, people aren't exactly offering their land to shooters left right and center - ironicly least of all the critics of my original post!

How would you feel if I paid you your £20 donation, to shoot on your land then invited my friends to come with me for free

OOOPs I just noticed the date of your post I guess its all been an April fools joke

Good one :lol::lol::P:D:lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I hope you are making a donation to PigeonWatch for the advertising.

Eh? I only posted on this forum because the owner of the site asked me to. I originally just sent him an email saying I had some modest woods if anybody was in need.

P.S. Rumour has it that there may be some great opportunities for pigeon shooting in Scotland this year.

"Politicians in the Scottish Parliament have been plagued by pigeons who have set up home on the rooftops at the new Holyrood complex."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4479107.stm

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

hi, i am very interested in shoots in kent, and i cant see why this thread has fallen foul to conflict i for one am more than happy to make a contribution

however can you give me a few more details about the shoot , ie quarry and location.

for the record i shoot a bsa .22 and i am fully insured

oh and the email and pm function wont work for me, might be my firewall but anyway please email me the details and we'll talk im local to east kent.

cheers (email is the same as username)

A lot of us have to PAY for the privalige to shoot on land every day. I personally pay around £150 a year for 100 acres near the scottish border and am just happy to have the land to use.

Perhaps we can put this Subject to bed by asking ANY person who has used the land in question.

1 were you asked to make a donation at ANY time?

2 DID you make a donation?

3 if so how much?

4 in your view was it worth it?

Some people have NO choice but to pay. Even I was a farm hand at one time and have offered my services in return for shooting permission to NO avail hence having to pay £150 a year.

I am still looking for more land to use but unfortunatley i live in Newcastle so am a bit far from the Land in question or i may have went down to see the guy.

I own land in Scotland myself but it is not really big enough to warrant using it to shoot on.

Eventually i would like to find something closer to Newcastle than the borders but for now am Happy to shoot the 100 acres i have. And if this Guy was closer to me i would also go for a look about.

Lord Geordie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...