FAC Application problem

By god i wish i was a divorce lawyer, or at the very least a marriage guidance councilor or maybe i should be a tailor, would make a fortune making trousers for all the wifes of members. :drinks:

My wife was ok with a shotgun cabinet but when rifles were mentioned my god you would think i wanted to keep tactical nukes in the house.

What's the deal with some of you guys? I get the feeling your **** made the decision to move in with these women, and now it's telling you not to upset them! I have mates like you guys, can't do anything without the mrs saying it's ok. Why?

Me and my other half have a good relationship. Sometimes she wants things I don't, sometimes I want things that she doesn't. We both see it that if the other one is happy it can't be that bad, and just let them get on with it. These one sided relationships are ****. For gods sake just tell her where it's going and that's that. Tough if she doesn't like it. After all, that's what she's telling you when she says you can't have it. If you are being unreasonable by putting it there without her consent, how come it's reasonable for her to refuse to let you have it? You're not a child and you pay half the bills. Do what you need to do and she'll just have to deal with it. :good:

I don't really hold with all this anti-women verbal. If I felt that way about my wife, she'd have to go. ;) I have a lot of respect for my wife. However, that doesn't mean I'd accept unreasonable nonsense from her. A gun cabinet out of sight in (my) wardrobe is perfectly OK and I would consider it unreasonable to complain about it. As said, you shouldn't need to ask in your own home, as long as you're not being unreasonable. If she asks why you're drilling holes in the wall inside the wardrobe, you just advise her that this is where the shotgun cabinet goes. :good:

Hark at you lot. :P:lol:

My brave little soldiers Standing up to those nasty she devils :hmm:

Thank god for gun cabinets thats what i say.

Especially when you have small children in the house (have you try that one Mr Carbon) :lol:

Sweepy is in talks with me at the moment about turning are spare room(the one without the ceiling) :good:

Into the shooting room.

I cant see why not .

But we keep that to areselfs for the time being. :P

xxxSuzy

just tell your wife its tuff you have to get one or you cant get a fac and if that dosnt work bribe her and tell her she could lock things like jewelry in it and see what she says then

As long as it is ensured that she never has access or knows where they keys are kept. Otherwise unless she is a cert holder too; it's unauthorised access and the police will revoke tickets if they find out.

See this article re the Farrer case: link

All, you are not married to my wife.

I believe she has a slight compulsive disorder, which I see with respect to cleaning.

I need to balance my side with hers.

She does not really understand as I have not explained it full, black and white. She thinks I am after a place to keep my non FAC guns safe from the kids, so she expectes the safe to be in the garage. Thats fine but I want a shotgun cert and an air rifle FAC.

At the moment she goes ballistic, and I mean totaly crazy every time I mention a safe in the house. I have offered to make a balsa box of the same dimensions and see how it fits around the house. Again she goes off the rails, straight off. I am looking at 1305mm height, 268 width and 320 depth.

In a 3 bed semi its got to fit somewhere and I have found that place but she will have to move 5 winter coats, a no no!

You all have your comments but if you could see the red in her eyes!!

The fight continues.

Carbon

Try getting her involved in your pastime . Or even get the children involved.

Prove to her how much it means to you and how conmitted you are to it.

When i first met Sweepy i could not understand why he needed a shotgun let alone the safe.

But after going out with him and seeing what enjoyment it brings to him.

I could not deprive him of his pastime.

And now am hooked too. :good:

Your wife is not alone i hate his safes (We now have three).But i understand that they are a necessity so i put up with it.

But even then i still like to have a moan everynow and again . :drool:

xxxxSuzy

Edited by Mrs Sweepy

the problem that some forces have with cabinets being up in the loft is the probability that after you have been out in the small hours lamping possibly cold, wet and also knackered, will you go to the trouble to put your rifle back in the loft ?

there is a good chance you will leave it out, therefore standing a chance maybe only a small one of some other person other than yourself gaining access to that fire arm.

Do you have a fitted units in your bedroom could you put inside your half ?maybe a cupboard under the stairs, pantry ?

there must be some where it could go. What does your Mrs do for a hobby or interest? not being too personal! :good:

how much room does her make up bag take up and how many pairs of shoes does she have???

compromise :good:

and good luck

a friend off mine when his feo came round he was told that the loft was the best place for him but i agree with you get back late then start messing around trying to get in the loft.

It is all about compromise, when my wife was draging me round looking at new houses my eyes lit up when one of the houses has a nice double spare room with walk in wardrobe. She loved the place, I told her she could have it but that room would be my shooting room for cab and reloading gear etc. It can be quickly converted in to another spare room at christmas though. The compromise was I converted the smallest of the spare rooms in to a full on walk in wardrobe for all her clothes!!

Out of respect I put the garage out of bounds when I have deer hanging because she doesn't like to see dead animals hanging up in our home which is her perogative. If she wont play ball, next time she wants somthing play her at her own game.

Dave

Friend of mine went to the extreme of putting a fake stud wall onto an existing wall, leaving a cabinet shaped cutout put the cabinet in and put a full length mirror over it. he lost about a foot off the room but you wouldn`t know it was there, plus he mounted it off the floor to about waist height so the mirror didn`t look out of place.

my brothers wife is very similar nothing a good bit of domestic violence won't sort out :good:

seriously though just set her straight as to why you need it, where it has to go and the fact you'll paint it pink if required and as gary says put it in. If she argues just rattle her sister and give her something else to worry about

Mine is in an upstairs "Gun Room" wherby all the estates firearms are kept.Re-inforced lined and window bars.Alarm seperate to house.I realise that cost is also a problem but when employer pays and owns the cottage..Well even plod cant argue. Those here are safer than in their place perhaps. :blush:

My safe is ordered/paid for and will arive Thursday/Friday. Battonsound RD5.

I will by then straighten out all my kit in the wardrobe and place it there to display it is not a problem. There will be fireworks but we should get through it. There may be tears! :rolleyes:

I say this as it will be going in the house upstairs in one of two wardrobes, I am having this, its what I want. We will have to live with it.

My permission owners agree its the way to go.

Carbon - Soon to be a man - hit by a woman!