Semi auto shotgun

sid the sniper

Beretta or Benelli. Benelli is inertia driven while Beretta is gas. This means the Beretta is more work to clean and softer to shoot.

To be honest I'd have a Benelli if I thought it was worth the extra money, they're lighter and more swingable. As it is I have a Urika 2 and it's a brilliant gun. I've put 150 rounds through it in a couple of hours before and it never misses a beat. I've put 50g loads through it and it's tolerable. With 24g loads you could shoot it one handed all day long, if it would consistently cycle them (which it won't, needs at least 28g).

both the beretta urika and the benelli are very good semiautos. the beretta being a gas gun will have less felt recoil and will get more dirty as you use it. the benelli being enertia will have a bit more recoil but is a pure snap to clean (being enertia more burnt powder residue is blown out the barrel). a really dirty beretta will take about one hour to thoroughly clean (i am talking about taking it apart and really cleaning it military style). the benelli can be cleaned as well in less than half the time.

the beretta typically comes with two recoil pads to adjust L.O.P. and shims and spacers to fit the gun to you. the beretta m2 will have shims and spacers but no additional pad for adjust L.O.P.. i own a benelli montefeltro and really like the gun. it is light, well made, and with proper ammo extremely reliable. too bad that benellis are to me too short. the designers at benelli evidently have adopted the concept that the majority of the shooting public are circus midgets. i mostly shoot my beretta silver pegion II 30" optima sporting because it fits me like a glove. i can shoot the benelli --- just not as well and have thought about selling or trading it because of this. i keep it mainly if i take a guest shooting.

in my humble opinion you can't go wrong with either. they both are tops.

p.s. if you are tall and long armed i would take a hard look at the beretta. if the m2 benelli comfort tech fits you i would go with it. you will shoot your best with a well fitted gun and if you are progressing in your shooting you will enjoy it alot more.

Edited by deadeye