Come Dine With Me

magnamaniac

Hi,

Like a complete tonker I have applied and interviewed for this fine show, and I find out on Monday if they have lowered their entry requirements to let me on the show.

Was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what to serve, as I can't cook, don't like dinner parties or people who do not think evrything I say is right.

And do get me started on people who don't eat meat !

Woody

I would recommend scallops with pancetta to start, but can be risky as not everyone likes seafood. main i would go for vennison or breast of wood pigeon in a red wine reduction and some elderberries. dessert could be bomb alaska, something pretty showy.

Sounds good, something I might eat, and proberly will be better received then a happy meal :good:

Woody

I can't cook, don't like dinner parties or people who do not think evrything I say is right.

Sounds like the ideal show for you then - cook your own food for a dinner party with people you've never met :good:

And do get me started on people who don't eat meat !

These programmes and made what they are by the researchers - if you do get through then they'll interview you, find out all about you and then put you in a group of complete opposites. Watching people get on and having a great time doesn't equal good viewing figures - arguments and rows on the other hand... :blush::hmm:

If you make it then I'll put money on them putting you in a group with at least one veggie/vegan/animal rights protester!! Let us know how it turns out!!

I can't cook, don't like dinner parties

Any particular reason why you applied then? :good:

I don't watch it often, if it's on then so be it, but that narrator (i what ever he's called) is great, sarcastic to the core, marvelous.

Oh and for the record, i hate the term dinner parties. How naff is that. If your cooking dinner and your mates are coming round i tend to call it 'coming round for dinner'. :blush:

You are nearly obliged to go out and shoot your own stuff. Sorry, but it's just the way it is.

How about nettle and watercress soup to start, pigeon and rabbit filou parcels with seasonal veg for main, some sort of fruit crumble for desert and then cheese and port?

game pate on some form of toast with caremelised onion compote or some such dressed with a bit of watercress. I'm sure you can get some "interesting" ingredients for the pate from members local to you.

personally squirrel pate has a certain ring to it :good:

Hi

Am going to try and shoot some pigeons for the main meal, and am going to do a pears and blue cheese maurinated in red wine. Starter have no idea.

The reason I applied is well I wanted to go on it and be me. Hopefully i'll get my sitcom afterwards.

Woody

whenever I have gone for a nice meal eight pints has always been the starter! get em hissed and you will walk it

KW

Best of luck getting on, and if you do you can use it as a massive pro-shooting advert.

Of all the meat I think Rabbit would be best suited because pigeon does have a strong flavour and just isnt to some peoples taste.

If they film soon its a shame because all the good stuff is out of season...