£20m makeover for Dartford

Bagsy

According to this months Clay Shooting mag, Dartford Clay Shooting Club is to have a £20m makeover.

Excellent news (though there's no mention of a sporting layout) but it leaves me wondering where that astronomic amount of money's coming from as there's no mention :D

Nothing on their website, anyone heard anything?

OK i realise i'm being Naive but what *** costs £20m to renovate at a clay ground?

I reckon most would have to be spent on the road and clearing the dumped rubbish on the way down to it.

Found a bit more info here but still no mention on who's prepared to front up that sort of cash if it goes ahead.

It would cost about £19 million to shift all the ******* ****** and their sheeeeyte :P

I suppose the other million could be spent on clearing up the nuclear fallot from Chernobyl up the road :D

They could always plant a few trees to get rid of some of that ******* sky :yes::D:lol:

It would cost about £19 million to shift all the ******* ****** and their sheeeeyte :P

I suppose the other million could be spent on clearing up the nuclear fallot from Chernobyl up the road :D

They could always plant a few trees to get rid of some of that ******* sky :P:lol::lol:

Yes, why not plant a dense forest, dig loads of potholes on the access roads, get a few Northern Numpties in to run the place and what have you got.........Worsley Grunge Darn Sarf..!! :yes::D:lol:

Cat.

Cat - glad to find someone from down south who agrees.

Worsley Grange, as it was originally, has gone down the drain. They used to have a Skeet layout. As the clubhouse has got plusher, the road has got proportionately worse. It is a disgrace. Targets have all the imagination of someone with no brains.

It is the admin side that is truly awful. We last visited for a quick round to wait one hour twenty minutes to book on. Never again.

Targets have all the imagination of someone with no brains.

It is the admin side that is truly awful. We last visited for a quick round to wait one hour twenty minutes to book on. Never again.

A well-known euphemism for "I can't hit them". Cat uses that one too :yes:

I agree the admin can leave a bit to be desired :lol:

But "Never again" - you got that bit right. The whining, bleating elitist ******** have managed to get it deregistered, so no, it won't happen again. Then they winge and bleat that there aren't enough registered shoots in the North of England :D

As for the entrance track, I drive a VW Polo and it's a doddle :D

Edited by Chard

Chard - I have visited Worsley many times and it used to be a whole lot better. Targets with more imagination. As the clubhouse has improved, the place looks more attractive. The road however :D:yes: You are having a laugh.

Over the years, I have had many cars - 93 to be exact and have been down the road in a Cosworth, a Mini and a couple of four wheel drives, plus many more. You can get down by driving slowly, but why should you. They make enough money to do something with the road. It puts me off more than the rest of the drawbacks. Shooting friends have point blank refused to go again.

Peter,

You will be off to hell with comments like that about the elitist's favourite ground.

Indeed.

Any chance you had of being welcomed into the inner sanctum of the creme-de-la-creme and becoming Peter-de-la-Mere-de-la-Creme-de-la-Creme is now well and truly knackered.

You'll need to say 120 Hail Marys and prostrate yourself at the feet of the great and good and retract the Amazon goat path comment - or else. :D

Remember - Worsley has an "Amazon goat path", Southdown has a "relaxing scenic approach route" :yes:

The treck to worsley is a right good brain rattler :yes:

Aspeacially if like me you use the plough threw at speed aproach. :D

I allways forget the tank traps too.....There a killer when your in a van full of sharp tools..

Its nearly as bad as driving on public roads....... :D

I cant wait to get down there and shoot though lol ...

I would like to agree about the approach road on our ground on home turf at high lodge. The road may be alright surface wise, but it is too narrow and really only single lane. You end up with the odd golf bag or golfer on yer bonnet when you meet another vehicle.

But then again who will listen?

One of the nicest entrance tracks I ever saw was at some shooting ground in Mid-Wales, can't remember what it's called.

Very impressive tarmac drive :good:

Just one small problem - when I drove all the way down it, there was nobody in :good: . Despite the fact that it was during advertised opening hours, there was nobody about. Tractor lawn mower thing with keys in the ignition. Door unlocked and cartridges and guns lying around. Office door open with computers switched on and cash box sat on a desk. Dirty cups on the tables outside.

It was like the ******* Marie Celeste. We hung around for about half an hour - nobody came. Very impressive.

Nice driveway though :good: They've obviously got their finger on the pulse of what's important in a clay ground :good:

Edited by Chard

They must have been well hidden :good:

I was with my eldest lad, and he's a nosey ***, he was rummaging about everywhere. I think they'd gone home for a spot of lunch and left the place ready to go :good:

Good job it wasn't in Manchester - the place would have been stripped bare by the time they got back :good: