another knock of the police?

kdubya

this morning my wife goes to the daughters to mind the grand kid whilst the daughter goes out, about half an hour after the daughter leaves a white van pulls up and three men go around to the back of the house, my wife opens a window and says hey what are you doing? oh we have come to paint the ceiling says one! no you have not says the wife, oops wrong house they say and clear off, wife thinks something going on here as last week the daughters next door neighbour is burgled, so she phones the police and gives them the details etc, an hour later she takes the grand kid out, when she returns to the daughters house, the neighbour meets her in tears their car (good BM) has been knicked seems they took the spare keys in the burglary, as yet NO one been round to see her and she wonders what is the point of reporting a suspected incident?

lord I have little faith left in out policing system.

Cheers KW

I totally agree, I have met some fantastic police officers (usually the ones who are old fashioned and say "i'd give them a clip round the ear" or "don't leave bruises if you catch them") but they seem few and far between now....

last year I had one of my motorbikes stolen from my garage and we called within 15 mins of the bike being stolen and were told they would not be round for up to 4 hours! i explained that it would be on a lorry heading south by that time and ended up having to call a friend who is a police woman and she managed to get someone to come round in an hour and a half.....

When they evenyually arrived me and the 10 friends who had been searching for the bike in the area were stood in the garage and the officer walked up the driveway into the garage had a look round and pointed at one of my other bikes and said "do you know that number plate is illeagal"........

I just walked into my house and shut the door and left my freinds to explain that the space he was standing in used to be occupied by my shiney wr450.....

I actually found the bike 2 days later when a farmer called a friend of a friend of a friend asking if anyone had left a bike in a back garden on the way home from the pub!

You could see the black marks all round the estate were they had been trying to bump start it (thank god they weren't clever enough to find the ignition switch)

Edited by gixer1

Maybe instead of shouting out the the thieving scum and letting em know that they have been seen, a call could have been made to the police whilst the Burglary was taking place, informing them that it was in progress...Perhaps they would have been caught red handed? Who knows?

I daresay the police have little faith in the public sometimes too

To be honest-whats the point of a Police officer driving like the clappers to take a statement? The act has already been committed,no one saw it happening or the people responsible and the thieves are long gone.Its not like any information the householder gives will deteriate with time because she didnt see a thing.If the Police cannot attend promply theres obviously a good reason why like car accidents,robbery even illness has to be considered which leaves them overstretched.Brutal as it sounds-the world dont stop turning for one incident.

Years ago while working at a school in Ipswich,our storage container was broken into overnight with hundreds £££ of tools stolen and despite me ringing the rozzers at 7.45am-they actually came out at 3.30pm.You just get on with it.

I totally agree, I have met some fantastic police officers (usually the ones who are old fashioned and say "i'd give them a clip round the ear" or "don't leave bruises if you catch them") but they seem few and far between now....

last year I had one of my motorbikes stolen from my garage and we called within 15 mins of the bike being stolen and were told they would not be round for up to 4 hours! i explained that it would be on a lorry heading south by that time and ended up having to call a friend who is a police woman and she managed to get someone to come round in an hour and a half.....

When they evenyually arrived me and the 10 friends who had been searching for the bike in the area were stood in the garage and the officer walked up the driveway into the garage had a look round and pointed at one of my other bikes and said "do you know that number plate is illeagal"........

I just walked into my house and shut the door and left my freinds to explain that the space he was standing in used to be occupied by my shiney wr450.....

I actually found the bike 2 days later when a farmer called a friend of a friend of a friend asking if anyone had left a bike in a back garden on the way home from the pub!

You could see the black marks all round the estate were they had been trying to bump start it (thank god they weren't clever enough to find the ignition switch)

Maybe it's a bike thing :good:

Years ago i came home only to find the house had been burgled.I phoned at 5.30pm,the police arrived at 11.15pm.One of them mooched about the house the other went round the back to where they had jemmied the window.After a while i went round the back to see if he had found anything.I found the cop in the shed/lean to,squated down next to one of my motorbikes with a torch and notepad :good: He was writing down the chassis number of it and on the radio doing a check to see if it was nicked :good: ,as he had done with the other 2 bikes.After that an argument ensued and i very nearly got nicked.

I dont think they are interested unless it is a crime in progress and it seems common for them to say to you"dont hold out much hope of seeing your stuff again"

Anyway he was right,i never seen any of the stuff again.

lord I have little faith left in out policing system.

seems to echo the thought of most of the British public these days.

shopping with mrs last week in morley, stall holder catches one shop lifter approx age 14/15

2 mins later old bill turn up, 2 cars 1 meat van, 7 yes 7 coppers.

I think the police tend to act quickly when they receive a call when the crime is still taking place... they're just a bit slow to follow up on crimes afterwards, ie I was attacked in the street by some random man whilst walking home from work, reported it to the police when I got home and it was two days before they came round for a statement and another two weeks before I was invited to the station to look at mugshots.

However, when some filthy smackhead chav tried to break into my house then proceeded to break into my neighbours house after I interrupted him, three plain clothes officers came running through my back garden flashing their badges at me while I was still on the phone with the 999 operator - So I think they're great in an emergency, although I reckon much of their time is taken up by paperwork nowadays.

A mate of mine had 2 police turn up in under 3 minutes with flashing lights and sirens when he tried to buy shotgun cartridges from a local Countrywide store because he forgot to sign his license (he is 63) and the photo on the license is spot on.

His tractor restoration business got broke into a couple of weeks ago for the 3 time in 12 months (pikes after scrap) and the police took 2 days to show up. :good:

Now,Now the police were probably busy.Saw on the news last night that three police vehicles,a number of brave officers and a battering ram had arrived at a ladys house to make sure that the local social workers were able to remove the womans mother to some council care home.Apparently some numpty in the council had decided that this lady could not look after her own mother properly.Even though she had given up her own job as a care worker so as to care for her own mother who is eighty something.

PS.The police said they did not need to use the battering ram. :good:

Pat

similar thing 12 months ago had a brick put through the tailgate of my estate on the drive way. behing locked gates,nothing stolen just vandalism.phoned officer dibble to be told pointless them coming out and here,s an inncident number for my insurance company.

They are busy investigating the likes of this:

Thought police muscle up in BritainFont Size: Decrease Increase Print Page: Print Hal G. P. Colebatch | April 21, 2009

Article from: The Australian

BRITAIN appears to be evolving into the first modern soft totalitarian state. As a sometime teacher of political science and international law, I do not use the term totalitarian loosely.

There are no concentration camps or gulags but there are thought police with unprecedented powers to dictate ways of thinking and sniff out heresy, and there can be harsh punishments for dissent.

Nikolai Bukharin claimed one of the Bolshevik Revolution's principal tasks was "to alter people's actual psychology". Britain is not Bolshevik, but a campaign to alter people's psychology and create a new Homo britannicus is under way without even a fig leaf of disguise.

The Government is pushing ahead with legislation that will criminalise politically incorrect jokes, with a maximum punishment of up to seven years' prison. The House of Lords tried to insert a free-speech amendment, but Justice Secretary Jack Straw knocked it out. It was Straw who previously called for a redefinition of Englishness and suggested the "global baggage of empire" was linked to soccer violence by "racist and xenophobic white males". He claimed the English "propensity for violence" was used to subjugate Ireland, Scotland and Wales, and that the English as a race were "potentially very aggressive".

In the past 10 years I have collected reports of many instances of draconian punishments, including the arrest and criminal prosecution of children, for thought-crimes and offences against political correctness.

Countryside Restoration Trust chairman and columnist Robin Page said at a rally against the Government's anti-hunting laws in Gloucestershire in 2002: "If you are a black vegetarian Muslim asylum-seeking one-legged lesbian lorry driver, I want the same rights as you." Page was arrested, and after four months he received a letter saying no charges would be pressed, but that: "If further evidence comes to our attention whereby your involvement is implicated, we will seek to initiate proceedings." It took him five years to clear his name.

Page was at least an adult. In September 2006, a 14-year-old schoolgirl, Codie Stott, asked a teacher if she could sit with another group to do a science project as all the girls with her spoke only Urdu. The teacher's first response, according to Stott, was to scream at her: "It's racist, you're going to get done by the police!" Upset and terrified, the schoolgirl went outside to calm down. The teacher called the police and a few days later, presumably after officialdom had thought the matter over, she was arrested and taken to a police station, where she was fingerprinted and photographed. According to her mother, she was placed in a bare cell for 3 1/2 hours. She was questioned on suspicion of committing a racial public order offence and then released without charge. The school was said to be investigating what further action to take, not against the teacher, but against Stott. Headmaster Anthony Edkins reportedly said: "An allegation of a serious nature was made concerning a racially motivated remark. We aim to ensure a caring and tolerant attitude towards pupils of all ethnic backgrounds and will not stand for racism in any form."

A 10-year-old child was arrested and brought before a judge, for having allegedly called an 11-year-old boya "####" and "bin Laden" during a playground argument at a primary school (the other boy had called him a skunk and a Teletubby). When it reached the court the case had cost taxpayers pound stg. 25,000. The accused was so distressed that he had stopped attending school. The judge, Jonathan Finestein, said: "Have we really got to the stage where we are prosecuting 10-year-old boys because of political correctness? There are major crimes out there and the police don't bother to prosecute. This is nonsense."

Finestein was fiercely attacked by teaching union leaders, as in those witch-hunt trials where any who spoke in defence of an accused or pointed to defects in the prosecution were immediately targeted as witches and candidates for burning.

Hate-crime police investigated Basil Brush, a puppet fox on children's television, who had made a joke about Gypsies. The BBC confessed that Brush had behaved inappropriately and assured police that the episode would be banned.

A bishop was warned by the police for not having done enough to "celebrate diversity", the enforcing of which is now apparently a police function. A Christian home for retired clergy and religious workers lost a grant because it would not reveal to official snoopers how many of the residents were homosexual. That they had never been asked was taken as evidence of homophobia.

Muslim parents who objected to young children being given books advocating same-sex marriage and adoption at one school last year had their wishes respected and the offending material withdrawn. This year, Muslim and Christian parents at another school objecting to the same material have not only had their objections ignored but have been threatened with prosecution if they withdraw their children.

There have been innumerable cases in recent months of people in schools, hospitals and other institutions losing their jobs because of various religious scruples, often, as in the East Germany of yore, not shouted fanatically from the rooftops but betrayed in private conversations and reported to authorities. The crime of one nurse was to offer to pray for a patient, who did not complain but merely mentioned the matter to another nurse. A primary school receptionist, Jennie Cain, whose five-year-old daughter was told off for talking about Jesus in class, faces the sack for seeking support from her church. A private email from her to other members of the church asking for prayers fell into the hands of school authorities.

Permissiveness as well as draconianism can be deployed to destroy socially accepted norms and values. The Royal Navy, for instance, has installed a satanist chapel in a warship to accommodate the proclivities of a satanist crew member. "What would Nelson have said?" is a British newspaper cliche about navy scandals, but in this case seems a legitimate question. Satanist paraphernalia is also supplied to prison inmates who need it.

This campaign seems to come from unelected or quasi-governmental bodies controlling various institutions, which are more or less unanswerable to electors, more than it does directly from the Government, although the Government helps drive it and condones it in a fudged and deniable manner.

Any one of these incidents might be dismissed as an aberration, but taken together - and I have only mentioned a tiny sample; more are reported almost every day - they add up to a pretty clear picture.

Hal G. P. Colebatch's Blair's Britain was chosen as a book of the year by The Spectator in 1999.

Ah, another police bashing thread B)

Trust me, i know i couldnt do their job for the money they get. They are understaffed, and when the ARU does not turn up to a broken window, they get called a bunch of lazy ****s. :)

BIG UP THE POLICE!!! KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO! :)

There is a common thread runnign through all these posts which has already been highlighted......crime happening gets a prompt response.....something that hs happened may not.....I could imagine that a lot of stuff people report and then get the hump about waiting could be resolved by them getting off their bckside and reporting it down at the local stn. I could imagine having your bike nicked being very upsetting and I would want it taken seriously but I know in some places there are often only one copper covering an area the size of half a county so I guess priorities take place

I would think the average rozzer is tied up with paperwork for so much of his shift he or she havnt the time to nab the bad guys,ive spoken to a few and they REALLY do like collering crims,its what they joined up for.The whole system is obviously so full of red tape ,beaurocracy ( probably didnt spell that right) and government targets that the average bobby feels he cant do his job properly and feels as frustrated as we do.The crims have all the rights and enough politically correct guardian readers to back them up and wipe their backsides.

Ive yet to have a positve Police experience.

Even when I actualy caught a guy vandalising my property and that of next door and aprehended him it took an hour to get a officer to arrive. Only for the copper to say to me, if youve hit him m8 then your going in the van with us aswell. Save for the fact there were three other witneses I rekon the creep would have arested me.

lots of other stories, but all with the same theme, zero police action or at best hollow promises. Ive met a few good intentioned police that listen etc and promise to get back to you etc, do they heck.

As I have said before the Police fail to take the opportunity to get decent people onside.Especially if you are of the shooting community their default stance is to be against you.Saying that,in the past I have and still would help them out if they were getting roughed up by drunken chavs.Difficult and thankless job but I wish they would make the effort sometimes.