best shotgun for £1000

shewdz

hi guys,

so, ive been shooting for about a year now and have decided to invest in a new gun as the one im using now was abit of a cheap impulse buy when i first started shooting.

ive got a budget of around £1000 and i only use it for clays, mainly sporting but dabble with DTL and skeet.

disregarding the fit of the gun, as this would be personal preference when i decide what gun i want. so thinking more down the line of build quality, reliability, looks ect. what would you buy?

my favourites at the moment are the beretta 686 E and the browning cynergy sport as i think they both look very modern guns and i could probably just about fit a good second hand model into my budget.

any help would be much apprciated

Adam

Edited by shewdz

both mentioned are good guns for that money ... though alot of people didnt like the cynergy when shot it so have a go before u buy one .... also have a look at the fabarm range as ull get a lot more gun for the money :yes:

i have the stl and brother-in-law has an axis and both great guns.

and if ur mainly shooting sporting then buy a sporting gun .. it will ok for the odd dabble of dtl and skeet too.

Edited by jinxy72

ive got a Miroku mk70 and a beretta 687 and both are superb, the beretta is built slightly better and both within your budget if you include 2nd hand guns in you wish list, you could pick up a good 2nd hand beretta for around a grand

mikee

My Browning 525 30" sporter m/c is the bees knees.

£900 - almost new

Handles sporting and skeet wonderfully. Competent at DTL too.

Perfect gun - but like you say - only if it fits!

Tried the MK38 too and liked it very much but went with the Browning in the end as seemed slightly better value at the price.

I would have a look at a Zoli Columbus Sporter,you could get a decent second hand one for that price,check out the Trulock and Harris review,Jason Harris tinks its on a par with the cheaper Perazzi models.I bought a Gold Sporter with only 2 boxes of carts thru it for 900 Quid.Its performend flawlessly and looks the business.Bit of an unusual choice but worth a look.

RH

• 5 years later...

my beretta silver pigeon 32" sporter adj comb 6 optibore flush fitting chokes this gun is mint any trial , yours for £1000 with makers case , you wont find better . !

That's a good deal dr.... Stick it on gunwatch

Ideal for a mix of disciplines. I have to agree an MK38 is very hard to beat and to beat it you would need to be lucky!

Edited by HDAV

Over & under or semi auto? I'm guessing you wouldn't want a SXS for these disciplines?

682 gold E for a grand. Not likely..

Beretta 686e.

Miroku mk38

Browning 325/525

All quality guns and in your price range.

I wouldnt call gun fit personal preference, more crucial I'd say.

Find the model you like then try it for size, some guns just won't fit/suit you no matter how much you like the look of them.

Get some in your shoulder and see what you think.

Good luck with your search..

Lee

Over & under or semi auto? I'm guessing you wouldn't want a SXS for these disciplines?

682 gold E for a grand. Not likely..

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Beretta_Shotgun_682-Gold-E_For-Sale_140913120344710

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Beretta_Shotgun_682-Gold_For-Sale_140321110908001

Theres 2.............

personally cannot stand the look of cynergy...but you are looking in right ball park......

I love the look of them, and was very close to buying a pro sporter with adjustable stock a couple of years ago as my clay gun but at the last minute I fell for a new 525 Gold Sporter,though I still look at them when I'm in the gun shop!