,22 ammo

• 2 weeks later...

Winchesters and Eleys are the ones to try first. They seem to perform the best. Only try others if you can't get one of them to group IMO.

Eleys are more waxy but in a bolt action that doesn't cause much trouble anyway. I like to support Eley because they do a great range of fibre wad shotty shells (the only maker that does 28 bore fibres I think!). I'm a bit of a tree hugger and that means a lot to me! :/

dont forget RWS, :)

to be honest i would by as many different brands of 22 subs as your RFD has, and compare each one after groups of 5, pick those that group the best and use the others for fouling shots after you have given it a clean, (once in a blue moon) see which group the tightest then try those again, eventually you should end up with a brand that groups well in your RF.

then go and get yourself as many as your ticket will allow of your chosen brand :yes:

RWS :yes::yes: the last lot i had would not group inside 2 inch from my annie at 50 yards, with some fliers being 3 may be 4 inches off target, i was quite sure that I'd banged the scope and bust it :) they were that bad, then i tried eley and we were back inside penny piece groups at fifty yards, my thinking was that the German made gun would prefer the German made ammo, but not so.

• 3 weeks later...

I always use Winchester in my Brno and can never fault its reliability and accuracy,but the other day the only thing they had in stock was Eley!!!

Oh its winning all the awards I was told good stuff,last week I returned the last 350 and exchanged them for Winchester which he had in agian.For some reason they were not feeding out of the clip properly and trying to shave the top off of the bullet nose!also that kinnoch powder stinks,I had a sore throat the next morning.

Winchester thats all I want,but have been offer some American eagle cheap,anyone use it on here and whats it like,mind you its made by federal but not sure if its subsonic or not,wouldnt want to wake the Holiday makers would we.