One for those in the Security trade

Doc Holliday

Last night we found our Bay Trees had been removed from their usual positions (either side of the front door). One was at the end of the drive waiting to be collected and it was only when we were going round we found the other dumped in a low hedge 50 yards or so from our house.

Now, these trees aren't light as they're in containers and even me and the other half were struggling to carry them back (ended up sticking them in the garage for temporary safe keeping).

It turns out that there has been a bit of shrubbery theft going on of late round our way and these trees are excellent specimens (would probably cost around £300 each in any garden centre). I've got plans to rig up some kind of alarm to them so if the little scrotes want to have another go at taking them they should be faced with me carrying my big "ugly stick" roused by my ACME device.

Anyhow, this has brought to our attention that some additional home security would be in order, especially as we have the guns. Can anyone in the know advise me of a suitable system which matches the following criteria - Able to record at night/low light (which probably means B&W), movement activated, fairly discrete cameras, records to hard drive. I would also like to be able to turn it on/off at the throw of a switch.

That's probably all I can think of but those of you who know your stuff could probably through in a few other features. Or even if you know of a reputable company whom don't charge the earth to supply & install would be greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance.

In the meantime a bolt through the base of the container and through a paving slab may be more useful than being able to watch your well trimmed bush's being taken away on telly :good:

Thats my view, you do not want to add this video to your other collection, of car being stolen, or house broken into.

Be pro-active rather than reactive.

Other sugestion might be some poor electrical DIY where by you accently leave the bare live wires touching the metal container :oops:

Thats my view, you do not want to add this video to your other collection, of car being stolen, or house broken into.

Be pro-active rather than reactive.

Other sugestion might be some poor electrical DIY where by you accently leave the bare live wires touching the metal container :oops:

no need to be killing them, just rig it up to an electric fencer, preferably mains powered, set to the highest setting :good:

We have a security floodlight, that when it is activated (in the usual manner) it has a lil camera on it and it either takes pics or records (you choose) and saves onto an sd card, they were about 40quid, worth it though :oops: