buy a gun slip from ebay and drop your new gun

tazanimal

This is one to watch :lol: i got myself a nice sexy gun slip from ebay blue with miroku in big leters down the side.

i thought i had a good one nice black cord lining about 4" longer than my new mk70 miroku semed ok!

Off to the game fair we go shoot a quick 40 clays on the way back to the car the zip split down goes the gun on the tarmac :o ,

Luck would have it butt first so the damage was limited to butt plate and wood work :yes:

When i got home a good look at the slip shows the zip is a chepy and the sholder strap is coming off as it is only stiched though the outer skin not all the way though

IT WAS NOT MADE BY MIROKU JUST A RIP OFF/FAKE

Now i am going to have to strip the wood and oil it and recut the chequers on the four end and buy a butt plate

:yes:

Sympathy!

However, and I don't want to sound a smartarse, I was taught to carry a gunslip "barrels down" so that if the zip failed the gun wouldn't fall out. I didn't believe them at the time, now I do!

Having said that, I did buy a cheap gunslip that had the stitching set up for "barrels up" carrying, never used it as I figured it wasn't fit for purpose. Hmm, should I flog it on eBay to some unsuspecting newbie?

We live and we learn.

This is one to watch :lol: i got myself a nice sexy gun slip from ebay blue with miroku in big leters down the side.

i thought i had a good one nice black cord lining about 4" longer than my new mk70 miroku semed ok!

Off to the game fair we go shoot a quick 40 clays on the way back to the car the zip split down goes the gun on the tarmac :) ,

Luck would have it butt first so the damage was limited to butt plate and wood work :good:

When i got home a good look at the slip shows the zip is a chepy and the sholder strap is coming off as it is only stiched though the outer skin not all the way though

IT WAS NOT MADE BY MIROKU JUST A RIP OFF/FAKE

Now i am going to have to strip the wood and oil it and recut the chequers on the four end and buy a butt plate

:yes:

Ouch. I feel for you mate - that must have ruined your whole weekend.

Might be worth checking if your home insurance covers you under the personal posessions sections? I know that mine would. That way you can get it back to it's full former glory and not live a permanent reminder of the day.

Good Luck,

Steve

hi i had a look at home insurance covers but it is over £1000 so must be listed it will be now :good:

and it was barrels down luckly or i might have have got them bent.

the slip has had a fight with my sewing machine and looks a bit different now '

now 5" shorter the zip no longer gos round the top it has a flap a safety strap plus the handels are stiched to gether and the sholder strap restiched :good:

post-13736-1248707432.jpg

post-13736-1248707450.jpg

I learned how to shoulder a gun slip in the days when the only closure was a leather strap.

While on duty driving the game cart, I am continually telling people how to do it, barrels down, and why.

There aren't many gun slips about with decent zips!

Edited by rjimmer

Sympathy!

However, and I don't want to sound a smartarse, I was taught to carry a gunslip "barrels down" so that if the zip failed the gun wouldn't fall out. I didn't believe them at the time, now I do!

Having said that, I did buy a cheap gunslip that had the stitching set up for "barrels up" carrying, never used it as I figured it wasn't fit for purpose. Hmm, should I flog it on eBay to some unsuspecting newbie?

We live and we learn.

How many times to we see on that idiotic Emmerdale, when they stage a shooting day and the toffs all walk around carrying their guns upside down.

As said most quality gunslips are fitted with a flap and leather strap, sorry but you brought it on yourself, shame no one pointed out the danger before it happend.

Rgds D2D.

went down to my local shooting ground today to buy a new vest got a nice musto one :hmm: ,quick look at the gun slips what do i see the same miroku slip and they are browning dealers and the girl told me one has been returned for the same thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

they are to long at 55" with the strap at the very ends so when you put it over your sholder the but point pressing on the zip

no safety strap and no velcro round the handels that meens it is not if it is going to brake though the zip but when :crazy:

sorry to here that mate no one likes to see that. But why is it people work hard to buy a nice gun be it shot gun or rifle then scrimp on the slip it is going to be carried about in. my rifles cost about two grand with the scope on so a £130 on a slip is quite cheap really. You might be able to claim on your house insurance and have it sorted out just an idea

• 3 months later...

image_29.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THICK-NEW-BROWN-LEAT...0#ht_1676wt_941

I bought this bag a week ago - and have the matching gunslip. Can't fault it at all, really nice quality. They have a 'proper' shop outside of ebay too - www.manorhouseonline.co.uk

Bag was £44 and easily holds 150 carts. Gunslip £98, but I'd say its almost identical to the Musto Antique leather slip which retails at twice that.

That's a very nice looking cart bag but I don't want anything too expensive to get abused and ruined, not that I plan on taking especially poor care of it. I think I remember seeing a green Bisley cart bag on eBay for around £15 and I think it wasd 75 cart.

Chard I can't currently get on Amazon as I'm at work but would consider other options. If you can get a price/description/picture that would be great but if not I'll have a look tonight when I get back.

Size constraints could be a bit of an issue as I'm currently looking for an MR2 roadster and space might become a bit of an issue when going decoying etc. If I found a bag could also hold netting, deeks and the rest this could help but might not be practical for other types of shooting :good:

Chard I can't currently get on Amazon as I'm at work but would consider other options. If you can get a price/description/picture that would be great but if not I'll have a look tonight when I get back.

Size constraints could be a bit of an issue as I'm currently looking for an MR2 roadster and space might become a bit of an issue when going decoying etc. If I found a bag could also hold netting, deeks and the rest this could help but might not be practical for other types of shooting :lol:

They're usually £7.99 :yes::lol::yes: .

They're all over at the moment, Ebay, Amazon, outdoors and camping shops. Ying Wang Wong Enterprises must have flooded the country with them :good: . They seem quite tough. I throw mine down whenever I have a bad stand on the clays (about 15 times every weekend) and it seems to be holding up OK :lol: