What bag do you use to carry decoys?

harrycatcat1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry wouldn't pick either, unless you are very tall, if your as short**** like me you will get fed up with the decoys hitting the back of your calfs. Now moved onto a large capacity hiking rucksack, purchased from ebay holds a dozen decoys and sits comfortably on my back, with side pockets for flask, ammo etc

Jono

Sorry wouldn't pick either, unless you are very tall, if your as short**** like me you will get fed up with the decoys hitting the back of your calfs. Now moved onto a large capacity hiking rucksack, purchased from ebay holds a dozen decoys and sits comfortably on my back, with side pockets for flask, ammo etc

Jono

I'm not the tallest fowler on the Marsh either but I find the Jack Pyke bag is great for carrying my Decoys and other bits and peices. mines on its fourth season now and apart from being caked in mud is as serviceable as the day i bought it. I've tried various mesh bags and would never go near them again

Just to conclude, santa is bringing this bag in olive green

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jack-Pyke-Camouflage-120L-Decoy-Bag-Hunting-Pigeon-Shooting-Rotary-Hide-Decoying-/260930635301?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&var=&hash=item3cc0ad8625

Thanks for your opinions :good:

The reason I did not go for a net one is that I have used that sort before for pigeon decoys and it gets caught on everything

Thanks for the thread guys. My old net one is about dead and I was about to buy a new Cabelas net one.

As a result of this thread I have just bought the 120l Jack Pyke one.

Three cheers for PW.

Mine just arrived from Santa today :santa: :santa:

edited to say I ought to be on commission

Edited by harrycatcat1

Mine just arrived from Santa today :santa: :santa:

edited to say I ought to be on commission

I only ordered mine today. I am looking forward to being able to taking more decoys out. I have a few old mallard decoys which could be classed as generic as there is no paint left on them!

My new flambeau decoys should last longer in my jp bag.

Thanks again.

• 3 years later...

I was thinking about using one of these bags for carrying decoys, i could also use it to sit on when the decoys are out.....what do you think? any good?

https://www.dobbies.com/products/gardening/plant-care-and-growing/garden-accessories/dobbies-heavy-duty-garden-bag/?c=27890

Not really there are no shoulder straps for carrying and you need a chair or such like to sit on rather than a bag on the ground.

For my pigeon and crows its a decoy direct giant bag that holds the lot, for my goose shooting( not wildfowling) fuds I use a blue Ikea bag, works great though as I just drive up and if bothered open the gate to the field I can drop them on the spot and then park up a field away, I can leave hazel poles and my seat in situ also

B&Q do garden tidy bags that are huge and pretty cheap, you might need to sew a strap on it.

you might need to sew a strap on it.

Im with you Clanchief...Most Wilfowlers and Shooters are innovative Creatures and are always looking/thinking of trying new things' especially if your on a budget.

Just the other week I have been making up a hide with some old camo net and plastic garden fencing. I cable tied the net on and also cable tied some plastic garden poles and some bamboo sticks. I then had a longish clip strap that I kept from an old torch that i had thrown out "Knew it would come in handy for Something" and i now have a portatble hide that weighs little or nothing and is easy carried over the shoulder.

I think them Dobbie bags would be a great cheap idea and would just as Clanchief has said need a bit of Modifying. A Strap of an Old gunslip/sportsbag or similar, A piece of Rope even with a bit of pipe lagging cable tied on for a shoulder strap padding and maybe a few loops sowed around the top and an old belt or something to tighten the top of the bag. I have always used the mesh type decoy bags but they where never that comforatble to carry in my opinion. A friend of mine just uses old large sports bags for his decoys.

Of course it would be nice to have all the latest new purpose made gear' but after all it is Wildfowling and not a fashion parade and something practical done on the cheap is not always a bad idea.

Im with you Clanchief...Most Wilfowlers and Shooters are innovative Creatures and are always looking/thinking of trying new things' especially if your on a budget.Just the other week I have been making up a hide with some old camo net and plastic garden fencing. I cable tied the net on and also cable tied some plastic garden poles and some bamboo sticks. I then had a longish clip strap that I kept from an old torch that i had thrown out "Knew it would come in handy for Something" and i now have a portatble hide that weighs little or nothing and is easy carried over the shoulder.I think them Dobbie bags would be a great cheap idea and would just as Clanchief has said need a bit of Modifying. A Strap of an Old gunslip/sportsbag or similar, A piece of Rope even with a bit of pipe lagging cable tied on for a shoulder strap padding and maybe a few loops sowed around the top and an old belt or something to tighten the top of the bag. I have always used the mesh type decoy bags but they where never that comforatble to carry in my opinion. A friend of mine just uses old large sports bags for his decoys.Of course it would be nice to have all the latest new purpose made gear' but after all it is Wildfowling and not a fashion parade and something practical done on the cheap is not always a bad idea.

How lucky am I ? My housekeeper asked for a sewing machine for Xmas and is taking classes, what she doesn't know about shooting kit she soon will, once I get to daydreaming.

Me army Bergen get around dozen in that does me these days!!gotta brand new hunters speciality perforated one that lets water drain away its tough stuff light as a feather and you get about 25 deeks in it....I will stick it up for sale next week me thinks!!

Edited by Robbie Forster

I bought one of these before Christmas and can get 30 assorted deeks in it, 24 Mallard and 6 teal.

Comfortable to carry and has a waist and a chest strap to stop it sliding off your shoulders.

Edited by Penelope