• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAM_1220_zps71uj1bky.jpg

SAM_1208_zpsok3psm7r.jpg

Thank you
Just building something that's pleasing to the eye and fits my guns
Well aware there are many designs area specific but realistically its more for fun than shooting a few ducks
More the stalk and getting me out on the marsh as I'm not so good at wallowing through the mud now
How's your pup doing ?
All the best
Of

However it turn out O F I am sure it will be very pleasing to my eyes and many of the P W followers of your currant thread.

My puppy is now 12 weeks old and he knows what a pea field is although he don't yet know the reason I go on there.

All the best and good with the build :good:

SAM_1220_zps71uj1bky.jpg

However it turn out O F I am sure it will be very pleasing to my eyes and many of the P W followers of your currant thread.

My puppy is now 12 weeks old and he knows what a pea field is although he don't yet know the reason I go on there.

Thank you

pup looks good mate I like the way it looks at you

( like you got a sausage in your pocket) 😊

Looking for a pup myself

Anyway we digress

This punt is loosely based on dalgettie design with a bit of stuff I picked upon the last one built in and a few ideas that may or may not enhance it

All the best

Of

Nigel only just seen this post and will follow with interest :yes:

Maybe post a few pic's of the cock ups so us mere mortals no your human to ;)

Lol

What including cutting all the frames twice 😧

and spending 3 hours fixing a plank on one side then 12 hours taking it off and refitting it cos it looked wrong not to mention

Glueing my jeans to my leg having to cut them off and finding I'd glued £40 aswell 😂

Other than that and a few small glitches its been plain sailing

All the best

Of

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=5dd6cfc21f93f27ede36148f529cb4e6&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=314719&p=2851819&md5check=86561eb2c9cb71be09dcbdde05c002ed&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,cIbz7hiexCE');//]]></script> SAM_1220_zps71uj1bky.jpg&&0

Nice looking pup. He looks very similar to mine!

He is looking great marsh man as is your older dog.

Thanks fenboy .... The old dog looks well, but his wildfowling days are numbered now due to his old joints getting stiff ( a bit like mine ) although he still enjoy retrieving a few pigeons but he needs more rest in between days out .

Nice looking pup. He looks very similar to mine!

Thanks motty ......Hope yours is showing early signs of potential and the training goes with very few problems .

Looking good Nigel :good: very impressed :good: BB

Lovely looking dogs marsh man :good: BB

Thanks Bluebarrels......

First job of the morning is to put the kittle on , and then to see how the punt build is progressing .

Keep up the good work O F . :good:

A lovely solid pup there John. Ol' boy looks well too.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=a15d643ab82723800c2167f665d84ec8&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=314719&p=2851819&md5check=c0578faf283bb5a9c2f44f704d799447&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,elbQhsBTwBs');//]]></script> SAM_1220_zps71uj1bky.jpg&&0

Looking really good.

Await with interest further progress in due course.

Out of interest did you ever read 'The Gun Punt Adventure' by Colin Willock in association with Jack Hargreaves ?

Looking really good.

Await with interest further progress in due course.

Out of interest did you ever read 'The Gun Punt Adventure' by Colin Willock in association with Jack Hargreaves ?

Many times interesting book and good sales pitch for plywood at the time

I would tell you that I shod one jacks horses Rosie a black driving cob but half the members on here would disagree and want eye witness reports

So discount the irelivent information

Anyway fun book to read thanks for your comments

All the best

Of

The work done so far looks excellent OF.

I know this is preaching to the converted a little, but the satisfaction of making something that is outside your comfort zone, watching how it comes together into a functional and attractive item that you can be rightly proud of is great.

That includes all the setbacks and mistakes and head scratching moments as it is only because of these things you really learn. If it was easy and error free it would be no fun :)

The work done so far looks excellent OF.

I know this is preaching to the converted a little, but the satisfaction of making something that is outside your comfort zone, watching how it comes together into a functional and attractive item that you can be rightly proud of is great.

That includes all the setbacks and mistakes and head scratching moments as it is only because of these things you really learn. If it was easy and error free it would be no fun :)

Thank you

Lot of satisfaction in creating something and as they say if you haven't made any mistakes you haven't done anything

Steep learning curve on any new project and very rewarding to get so many positive comments

All the best

Of