Old farrier

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Thanks Demonwolf glad your enjoying the build had you down for a ml4 though

Plan 2 may still come in although delivery on another plank is 2 to 3 months

The repair is good and considring the punts of years gone by were nailed together with tar or pitch to seal the gaps the modern glue is stronger than the wood

All the best

Of

Scratch build single or even double four bore shoulder gun - For anyone genuinely interested as soon as i have the funds available to finance the project i will be putting some skills to the test and will be doing my first scratch build, might be a breech loader might be a muzzle loader; haven't decided yet.

Scratch build single or even double four bore shoulder gun - For anyone genuinely interested as soon as i have the funds available to finance the project i will be putting some skills to the test and will be doing my first scratch build, might be a breech loader might be a muzzle loader; haven't decided yet.

Great project look forward to this 😋😋😋😋

All the best

Of

And here it is some time later when it fits

DF0780A8-6943-439A-A925-5307F447ED74_zps

Clean up the glue sand it and ready for paint 😗

982E2DA4-469C-42D5-9882-8258C89963F1_zps

Better picture 😊

Looks good and solid Nigel! Shame that plank split but sounds an easy enough fix. Is it widest at gun beam or more around midships?

I've got a few photos I was going to show you of our recent adjustments on the big one, I'll zap them over via the social network..

Looks good and solid Nigel! Shame that plank split but sounds an easy enough fix. Is it widest at gun beam or more around midships?

I've got a few photos I was going to show you of our recent adjustments on the big one, I'll zap them over via the social network..

Wider 18 inches past gun beam mate

Appreciate the pictures 😊

All the best

Of

Excellent job and snags overcome on the way, this must give a feeling of satisfaction of a job well done. Did you have plans, or are you working to measurements of an earlier punt.

Blackpowder

Hi

Sort of drew the plans to fit the timber I could get and the space to store it in

And calculated the displacement for the gun weight hence the large amount of flare amidships

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules to the dimensions

They seem to vary immensely from area to area

Thanks for your interest

All the best

Of

Hi

Slow progress its hot here fair bit of work to do before holiday 😊

Knee in bow

07EC751B-7D91-425D-8D19-51541D8C2583_zps

And other 3 fitted to gun beam

Cockpit cut out and seat in place

40B8A9B0-45D1-4261-AD27-5C41A86478AE_zps

Hope this keeps you lads happy for a week or two think I've earned a holiday

Thanks to all members for there encouraging comments

All the best

Of

That is looking really fantastic and great progress being made. Despite your earlier protests at not being a boat builder there is some really fine craftsmanship going into that vessel and I hope that it brings a huge measure of pride as well as pleasure in both the build and when it is launched.

Enjoy your well earned holiday.

Thanks chaps

I will have a good holiday done a few more bits this week fiddly stuff

Some oak blocks to fit the rowlocks to

1E1744FF-951E-4F99-9F67-1CD88D49D118_zps

Decided on a slightly different gun beam on this one it will all become clear whe the deck and cockpit combing is on been mapping out the planks for the deck and decided a few extra fixing points were in order so fitted a few extra light blocks and beams

A88A24B3-B33C-4E84-8C40-1793D17F9C3F_zps

All went well 😗

Apart from spilling a load of glue oops itl clean of

All the best

Of

hi again fantastic work, look forward to seeing her completed, i am also at the stage of building another punt to fit the double gun as she sits too far back on the old one, will get my finger out and get a few pics to you.

all the best...ian

Thanks

Look forward to see ing a bit of your one hope iv got the calculations right on this one 😗 we will see what it floats like

Many thanks

All the best

Of