What are they on near you ?

Cranfield

for the last 5 weeks they have been on peas here, so not too far away got a 250 acre block that had more lying on top than under and every pigeon in the county feeding on it. almost impossible to shoot and be in the right place always a gang of 200 down somewhere that all the new comers seem to spot from miles away and take no notice of our decoys. we have been getting 20s and 30s from it but this weekend saw 4 bangers and windmill and no pigeons.this block of peas is right next to a seriously backward 100 acre rape field that we had great expectations for but since the peas went in its not been touched and has almost recovered. on our way home saturday we passed a big pea field and watched 2 blokes shooting continually about 3 miles from ours.so not too far away hopefully they will be back

All wheat, rape and beans on my perms this year, so not much about right now. Still getting a few by setting up near a mullered corner of a rape field, but every time I go out I'm struggling to reach double figures.

Mind you, once it all starts to be harvested, I could be spoiled with the opportunities that may be available.

I take a day out most weeks, just to be out in the fresh air with still an optimistic head on, but the better pigeon days are still to come and should be worth being patient for.

I know some of you more seasoned guys probably wouldn't sit it out for just a few shots, but I still get a buzz from being out there :)

Last Friday evening I spent 4 hours on the edge of a large pea field , had 6 shots for 1 pigeon and 2 jackdaws, strong northerly wind and very cold, no pigeons about but the week before I had 2 sessions on a neighbouring field ,hot, sunny and a light breeze, peas again with a 29 woodies, 1 feral and 6 crows,The following session about 4 days later and in the same place had 21 woodies picked,

This week I am resting ( working on my boat ) just to give the birds a rest but if the sun shines next week I will be back on the peas just to show the farm manager I am prepared to turn out. even if the pigeons have lost interest, anyway the speed the peas grow they will be in flower before you can blink. ever the optimist. :lol::lol:

Shot one this aft flighting with a crop full of clover,and I've seen them in the hawthorn hedges, a few on the poor rape

You had better find a few soon Wilksy as I will be coming over the Humber to see your Border terrier and we ought to go and shoot a few pigeons whilst we are at it.

Guest Wilksy

You had better find a few soon Wilksy as I will be coming over the Humber to see your Border terrier and we ought to go and shoot a few pigeons whilst we are at it.

Hahaha! I would love that JDog! maybe agaman could take us both on his land as mine is a bit thin on ground for pigeons! we went to meet 4 week old Jed on Sunday,he's going to be a handsome chap!

Hahaha! I would love that JDog! maybe agaman could take us both on his land as mine is a bit thin on ground for pigeons! we went to meet 4 week old Jed on Sunday,he's going to be a handsome chap!

I bet you can't get a Border to retrieve, Bounder is unique. (I've had 2 in my time!!)

Guest Wilksy

I bet you can't get a Border to retrieve, Bounder is unique. (I've had 2 in my time!!)

He's going to be a family dog first but if he shows any promise you never know kitchrat! Ill keep you all posted on young Jed wilksy!

This will no doubt happen but not anytime soon! The only pigeon i have shot for weeks is this one shot with the camera feeding on peanuts in the garden!

post-57269-0-72302300-1463778970_thumb.jpg