Treat me gently....

ditchman

Never really wanted to sell that Stutzen but glad she is seeing some daylight and you seem to be enjoying her. Still get the odd call asking if she's still for sale!! Stunning gun that attracts attention and should be a good investment if you ever decide to sell her on - only ever seen one in a sale, real tatty but went for over £300 - daft but heyho.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in thinking that you say it's the first pellet that's the flier each time? - points towards a friction issue to me - first shot creates heat that loosens everything up just that little bit - try cocking /uncocking the gun several times in quick succession before loading and firing your first shot and see if you still get a flier.

Am I right in thinking that you say it's the first pellet that's the flier each time? - points towards a friction issue to me - first shot creates heat that loosens everything up just that little bit - try cocking /uncocking the gun several times in quick succession before loading and firing your first shot and see if you still get a flier.

i will certainly try that anyway................the 3 groups i shot....were one after the other ...apart from the 25m one as i had to move the target.....rather than a friction issue...which i will try as you suggest...i believe it is more a "repositioning" of the body for a different target.......hence me coming to the conclusion its my right hand on the trigger function...

i wanted to get out this afternoon...but will have to leave it until tomorrow morning now....

they are once / mth......the last one was on the 22nd.....so i will give you a shout before the sale for the viewing day......you maybe able to view online....i havnt enuff speed at the moment to do so...maybe you try and see what the 22nd sale ammounted to.............

Can't find zip. Is it Horners that do the sporting auctions?

Never really wanted to sell that Stutzen but glad she is seeing some daylight and you seem to be enjoying her. Still get the odd call asking if she's still for sale!! Stunning gun that attracts attention and should be a good investment if you ever decide to sell her on - only ever seen one in a sale, real tatty but went for over £300 - daft but heyho.

Delighted thanks. My "go to" airgun now. Less and less inclined to faff about with divers bottles nowadays !

i will certainly try that anyway................the 3 groups i shot....were one after the other ...apart from the 25m one as i had to move the target.....rather than a friction issue...which i will try as you suggest...i believe it is more a "repositioning" of the body for a different target.......hence me coming to the conclusion its my right hand on the trigger function...

i wanted to get out this afternoon...but will have to leave it until tomorrow morning now....

That, or follow through.

But we can talk about that after you've fixed your trigger

better bloody work as you have forced me to drills 'oles in me gun... :lol::lol: ..........is that the sort of design you were thinking of ?

I did say bluetack and thumbtacks!

But yes, that is pretty much it. And as you said - you get a lot more control out of the trigger

I'm not sure if people get what I mean by the blue tack and thumbtack, so I drew a quick sketch

ifIvZs8.png

Black is the trigger shoe,

Blue is the blue tack

Yellow is the thumb tack

Thanks for that. I had misunderstood. :oops:

For my old pistol though I'm going to put a piece of Blu-Tac over the part of the trigger I shouldn't be touching and leave the part I should be touching free. That way I should be pulling the trigger more consistently. It is only an old HW70 that I got for dispatching rats in cage traps and then got the bug for 10m target shooting in the garden.

Edited by UKPoacher

Right..........i had a play about with the "new" trigger stalk...and my fliers were less but the groups were very ragged....so i didnt post the pics up.........so what i did was to change the.......

1. length of the trigger stalk..(just didnt feel exactly right)
  2. the postion of the stalk...to give me a snugger fit with the hand and better fulcrum purchase.....

and it worked......12 metre group fine ...straight off....and the 2nd group @ 25m bit ragged (as i was trying different postions on the tip of my finger)....BUT most important no fliers...

the target bull is drawn around a new penny

post-11401-0-45899200-1475324242_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-37659400-1475324253_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-86781300-1475324265_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...