problem with 2 foxs

Am in need of some ideas to help me sort to problem this years cubs out . They are a pain iand i cant get any where near them as soon as the lamp is on there off back to the safty of the cover and this is where they are doing the worst they seem to be living in said cover which is 1 of our main drves and the birds are now very skitty which is not good for this time of the season . Ihave seen them now some 8 times in the same place each time i have come in to the field from other angles have set snares near as i can to the cover and in the nearby wood even sat out for them . I need help as this is our big drive which we deppend on near to end of the season !

Any help would be great :blush: Thanks Tom

think I've heard it all now. leave them alone in a game crop :blush:

back on subject though for starters try different filters on the lamp and be ready and you almost have to take any shot possible. My first shot with my .223 was on a going away fox heading away from a partridge release pen it had just visited. One texas heart shot later and it won't do it again, not ideal but sometimes you have to just do it. The other option is to have a trusted beater with an auto sitting at the front of the cover when you drive it and if they come out job done.

early mornings around the pen :blush:,

night vision,

bait but only bait with end trails early afternoon, no good feeding foxes that only reach the food at 6am, do it so they come earlier and earlier until there out on the bait in late eve, if they find whole rabbits they will be happy, regularly finding guts and bits will make em check it out earlier

Am in need of some ideas to help me sort to problem this years cubs out . They are a pain iand i cant get any where near them as soon as the lamp is on there off back to the safty of the cover and this is where they are doing the worst they seem to be living in said cover which is 1 of our main drves and the birds are now very skitty which is not good for this time of the season . Ihave seen them now some 8 times in the same place each time i have come in to the field from other angles have set snares near as i can to the cover and in the nearby wood even sat out for them . I need help as this is our big drive which we deppend on near to end of the season !

Any help would be great :blush: Thanks Tom

Do a drive and shoot them, walking guns and standing guns. The disturbance to the birds will be minimal compared to being disturbed when feeding dusting etc.

Have tryed baiting with no joy have used nv but they seem to no im there clever little ******* ( or maybe lost my stealth) as for leaving them alone i cant risk it like i say its a big drive with well over 3000 put in to it be more than my jobs worth to leave alone . the guns on a shoot day will not shoot them if they come out as most are hunting men . The problem with taking any shot possible is back drop . its a hard one but keep the ideas coming all are good to keep me thinking :good::blush:

Do a drive and shoot them, walking guns and standing guns. The disturbance to the birds will be minimal compared to being disturbed when feeding dusting etc.

Like i say its to big of a drive to do it just for the foxs plus the boss would not be impressed :good:

Well going for a shine in a bit so might pop and see if there about nv style tho ment to be on the other side tonight spending far to much time with these little blitters :blush:

Edited by proTOM1

First off you need to get a solar powered PIR security light from costco about £25 and fix it to a tree nearby to your bait station. Bait up the area with rabbits /dead birds & attached some fishing line to the battery in a cheap alarm clock, you will get a good idea of the time charlie comes for his ready meals when he runs off with the bait after a few nights he will be used to the light coming on before he gets his prize. I've found the times to be within 15/20 mins every night.

When you have a regular pattern when the alarm clock stops, you need to choose a blustery night with no moon & be in place down wind from the bait about an hour before the alarms been stopping.

Charlie comes along past the PIR where his dinner is convieniently placed for him every night, light goes on as normal, then BOOM good night Charlie :blush:

Easy really :good:

P.S I cheat and use a Moultrie game camera

SS

Edited by Stealth Stalker

First off you need to get a solar powered PIR security light from costco about £25 and fix it to a tree nearby to your bait station. Bait up the area with rabbits /dead birds & attached some fishing line to the battery in a cheap alarm clock, you will get a good idea of the time charlie comes for his ready meals when he runs off with the bait after a few nights he will be used to the light coming on before he gets his prize. I've found the times to be within 15/20 mins every night.

When you have a regular pattern when the alarm clock stops, you need to choose a blustery night with no moon & be in place down wind from the bait about an hour before the alarms been stopping.

Charlie comes along past the PIR where his dinner is convieniently placed for him every night light goes on as normal then BOOM good night Charlie :blush:

Easy really :good:

P.S I cheat and use a Moultire game camera

SS

Thanks worth a try if no luck tonight :good:

Like i say its to big of a drive to do it just for the foxs plus the boss would not be impressed :good:

Well going for a shine in a bit so might pop and see if there about nv style tho ment to be on the other side tonight spending far to much time with these little blitters :blush:

I presume a few wires would be OK then ? Midden ? Highseat and a game of fishing for foxes ?

round here we have a hound and gun pack that will flush the wood through for 'rabbits' :blush: , very efficient at reducing the number of foxes, they would most likely clear you wood in a day, not the best thing for the birds though :good:

If there is a pen in the wood give early mornings a go :good: , i find it very useful, some times lamping can be unproductive and yet early mornings can account for 2 or 3 foxes in a couple of mornings

round here we have a hound and gun pack that will flush the wood through for 'rabbits' :blush: , very efficient at reducing the number of foxes, they would most likely clear you wood in a day, not the best thing for the birds though :good:

If there is a pen in the wood give early mornings a go :good: , i find it very useful, some times lamping can be unproductive and yet early mornings can account for 2 or 3 foxes in a couple of mornings

Have been out tonight but have been rained off not a sign to night will be trying one or two things now tho . there is no pen as such as its all patridge our shoot will have a look first thing before going shooting myself . cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

After trying everything people said tonight well evening time they met there maker am well happy <_< tryed ss trick which was working ok but still no luck really in the end tho will use again . after all me and 2 mates walked through with hush guns and bingo 2 seen 2 shot about time plus will be doing said drive for the first time sat big let day a famous person has bought the day well vinnie jones anyway :good: