207 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support this?

• Yes
    • No

However, £60 would get you:

1. 350 good game carts

2. 3/4 tank of diesel

3. a mid week night out on the beers

4. or 2% of a bargain EELL Diamond Pigeon, hardly used, amazing scroll hand engraved - FOR SALE eh?

Or two years SACS membership :good:

See! We DO have a sense of humour! :lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If spreading the costs will help more people to join BASC then it has to be a good idea . Any body who takes up shooting as a hobby or pastime will soon realise how expensive it can be . sixty odd jim a year to support an association as good as BASC has got to be worth the money .

Harnser .

The reason they will be reserved is because people could join just for the game or wildfowling season :good: and hit them in the pocket. Personally the idea of membership going up regardless of anything is an interesting one as in business the bigger you are and the more business you do economies of scale come into play and costs usually go down. So I'd propose a reduction in fees rather than increase along with things like monthly payment to increase the membership so the revenue goes up despite reducing the per member cost.

Well as a humble farm worker where £64 represents 25% of my weekly wage I think it a very good idea.

It's ok for those well paid townies who shoot on our farms to spout on about how little £64 is, well why don't you send a donation to BASC of 25% of your wage as it's such a trifling amount.

For the rest of us who live and work in the real world ................ a jolly good idea.

I would like to stress that my thoughts were just to add the option of paying quarterly or monthly, along with an annual fee. This would satisfy everyone, I believe.

Also, for those concerned about someone buying 1 month, getting the card and then leaving. BASC should offer a system that allows people to check if someone is registered and insured. The Nursing and Midwifery Council offer this to check if someone is a registered nurse.

It would just be as simple as putting their insurance number and date of birth and it can be cross referenced with BASCs database.

However, £60 would get you:

1. 350 good game carts

2. 3/4 tank of diesel

3. a mid week night out on the beers

4. or 2% of a bargain EELL Diamond Pigeon, hardly used, amazing scroll hand engraved - FOR SALE eh?

Or two years SACS membership :good:

See! We DO have a sense of humour! :lol:

Will you be around in two years time to honour my second years insurance?

My membership to the basc expired last month, could,'t afford to pay for full membership at once, so i phoned them exolaining this and asked if they will do monthly installments, they said no, and were rather rude to me when i asked them to explain why !. So i hung up and now the only option for me was to join the BRITISH AIRGUN SHOOTERS ASSOCIATION, There lioning fee was £17.96 which i could afford to pay at once, I would have rather stayed with the BASC but they are forcing people to move away,

Well as a humble farm worker where £64 represents 25% of my weekly wage I think it a very good idea.

It's ok for those well paid townies who shoot on our farms to spout on about how little £64 is, well why don't you send a donation to BASC of 25% of your wage as it's such a trifling amount.

For the rest of us who live and work in the real world ................ a jolly good idea.

:good:

Quite right so. Not all of us are on high wages and so some off us like to budget each month. I also live alone and have to keep a car on the road, food , utility bills, council tax, £2370 to the orthodontist (paying monthly), a small loan and pay my Rent, all this of less than a £1000 a month. So the thing is yes monthly or Quarterly is a good idea because it helps me with budgeting. Unlike some of you's I like where I work and if that means sacrificing high wages so be it. But I am seeking to further my education for the future

So those of you's that are saying that £64 isnt much bother, you make it sound like only people with lots of money to spend can join BASC.

Mind you I got a 2% payrise today which I wasnt expecting.

my problem with paying for anything monthly is that i don't know that i will have the money in the account on the day that it s needed, as work is a bit up and down at the moment, so i prefer to pay for these sort of things when i'm feeling flush in one lump sum or stash the cash ready if i know that it will be coming up soon. I find it easier to do it this way than comitt ing myself to a set day each month.

nick

It costs me £65 for my wildfowling club subscription and that includes FREE BASC membership. I get all the benefits of BASC - insurance, firearms advice, bimonthly magazine (which is far better than any of the other shooting mags), protection of my sport, trade discounts, etc., etc.

I think that paying this sum on a monthly direct debit would mean that I would have to pay more in bank charges and the wildfowling club would have to use a collection agent (at a further cost) as clubs cannot get DD facilities.

So why not join your local wildfowling club and get your BASC for free? Or look at it the other way, get your wildfowling club membership for a few pounds on top of the BASC sub.

Jim

got to agree with you....i think basc is well worth the money!! but if it means it will be easier for some [me included] or encourage more people to join then the 'choice' of all and any payment method is brilliant!!!

i would be happier to pay monthly, on an indefinate [open ended standing order/direct debit] as i dont have to worry about a big lump sum coming out soon after xmas and i dont need to worry about renewing...i just get a letter saying it will continue unless i inform them otherwise. [at least i hope that is how it will work]

need to sort my fishing licence like this as well!!!!

ATB

Ewan