207 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support this?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone sniffing at £64 remember, not everyone has as much money as you.

What if you own 2 tins of pellets and a break barrel and go shooting only when you get the chance - but still want to be responsible and help our sport be represented. £64 can be quite steep.

Besdies all that who will it harm having a monthly option, it would be stupid to not have a quaterly or monthly option because in your opinion anyone can easily have £64 at the ready. Many members have already shown that is not the case.

Regardless of the cost- the easier we can make it for people who want to support BASC to pay their membership sub the better, I am sure you will all agree.

As I have said before, i too am very keen to see this come in as I would rather pay about £6 a month rather than £60+ in one hit.

However, for those who want to keep paying in one hit will be able to.

Best wishes

David

Well I have now come out of my own personal recession as I have now been offered a house with my job and will be paying in full in July, but I still like the idea of monthly or quarterly payments as I reckon you will get so many more members.

And I will repeat what Bombadil has said not all people can afford £66 in one go just cause you can doesn't mean everybody else can, people have lives outside shooting and more important bills to pay. You join BASC for the protection of shooting why not try supporting the ones that are not so lucky to join in this way?

I would also like to add that Im joining BASC because I want to not because I have to, to go shooting that some people suggest

For what it's worth my thoughts on this thread;

Disappointed that some don't even want others to be able to avail themselves of a budget payment scheme, why not it would not impact on your life one iota to have others wanting to spread their payments :good::good: The only excuse for such a vote would be if it was an either/or proposition but no organisation that I'm aware of who offer a monthly DD scheme would ever turn away a member or potential member who wanted to pay the full subscription in advance.

This second point comes from someone (as told here in the recent past) who is a passionate supporter of BASC for it's work in supporting the shooting sports. The worrying thing about this subject is that to me and I'm sure the majority is that this is a no brainer and, by the sound of it, DavidBASC has been championing this innovation for a considerable period from within. Why then has it not been implemented, in a forward thinking, modern, fast moving organisation the MD or the CEO would listen to the arguments for and against, check with his finance director on any potential impact (surely no members would resign or not renew because they were offering a budget plan) on the organisations cash flow and then tell someone to do it and would expect it to be done, dusted and the first DD into the bank within 3 months at the very most.

If our organisation is this slow, pedantic and hidebound by "tradition" over this issue what else is being endlessly discussed, subject to a working party or sub-committee and generally being delayed or shuffled into a bottom draw. :P:P:P

I hope I'm wrong but is this "budget payment" issue symptomatic of a lack of decision making at the highest level, I certainly hope not!

Mr Potter

For what it's worth my thoughts on this thread;

Disappointed that some don't even want others to be able to avail themselves of a budget payment scheme, why not it would not impact on your life one iota to have others wanting to spread their payments :good::good: The only excuse for such a vote would be if it was an either/or proposition but no organisation that I'm aware of who offer a monthly DD scheme would ever turn away a member or potential member who wanted to pay the full subscription in advance.

This second point comes from someone (as told here in the recent past) who is a passionate supporter of BASC for it's work in supporting the shooting sports. The worrying thing about this subject is that to me and I'm sure the majority is that this is a no brainer and, by the sound of it, DavidBASC has been championing this innovation for a considerable period from within. Why then has it not been implemented, in a forward thinking, modern, fast moving organisation the MD or the CEO would listen to the arguments for and against, check with his finance director on any potential impact (surely no members would resign or not renew because they were offering a budget plan) on the organisations cash flow and then tell someone to do it and would expect it to be done, dusted and the first DD into the bank within 3 months at the very most.

If our organisation is this slow, pedantic and hidebound by "tradition" over this issue what else is being endlessly discussed, subject to a working party or sub-committee and generally being delayed or shuffled into a bottom draw. :P:P:P

I hope I'm wrong but is this "budget payment" issue symptomatic of a lack of decision making at the highest level, I certainly hope not!

Mr Potter

Well said. Mr Potter

Mr Potter at a guess part of it will be down to cost of putting the system in place to handle it as it shouldn't be difficult and IMHO would pay for itself with member retention as you wouldn't need to think do I want to or can I lash out £70 on BASC this month. There may also be a cash flow issue with phasing payments throughout the year but I would have though they were about as cash rich a business as you can get

Get real, nobody will save money if this happens, the BASC work out how much revenue they want and charge accordingly...end of!

I know money is tight for everyone but just what benefit do you expect of this, if you don't want to be part of the BASC package then go elseware, there are many other options!

ATB!!

Get real, nobody will save money if this happens, the BASC work out how much revenue they want and charge accordingly...end of!

I know money is tight for everyone but just what benefit do you expect of this, if you don't want to be part of the BASC package then go elseware, there are many other options!

ATB!!

You can still have the utmost respect for BASC and still only pay a monthly or quarterly fee. You're no less of a person, or have less respect. You're just being a bit wiser with your money and making ends meet.

Not everyone can afford one off payments of £60. As little as it might sound to you.

You can still have the utmost respect for BASC and still only pay a monthly or quarterly fee. You're no less of a person, or have less respect. You're just being a bit wiser with your money and making ends meet.

Not everyone can afford one off payments of £60. As little as it might sound to you.

It does not sound a little to me and I have not suggested it is, BASC charge the most by far and I often wonder how they get away with it...but in this life there is still choice!!

You are missing my point, it will not be the annual fee divided by 4, that will mean the BASC actually recieve less money in the year. There will be a premium to pay whichever way you look at it, if they do not charge a specific additional fee for staged payments they will put the annual fee up to compensate for this taking inflation into account. You will not save a penny by paying in installments, you will in effect probably pay more.

I am not, and have not suggested their fees are cheap, they are not, what I have suggested is that if you do not like their package you go elseware.

:good::good:

64 quid to keep the likes of John Swift in a job is way to much for me, be it paid annually, quarterly or monthly.

64p is too much to keep Swifty in a job IMO

That why I left along with a lot of other people and joined the NGO when it first started following the keepers walking off of the BASC management committee.

ATB!!

I fail to see the logic of your post Deker, as far as I can see nobody has posted that they want to save money and, for once in a thread with BASC in the title, everyone posting either is or would like to be a BASC member :good::good::P

The ability to pay monthly would, I believe, allow potential members who would struggle to find the annual membership in one lump, a means of joining the best organisation to represent their interests. There would also be, I believe, a big take up of this option amongst members who could afford the membership fee in one lump sum, it's the same as interest free credit, you might be able to afford that car, boat, gun, three piece suite etc but if somebody lends you the money at 0% for a year or so you'd certainly be a fool to refuse the offer.

As for the last bit of your unhelpful post "then go elseware, there are many other option!" that's a new twist on a recruitment programme, really very encouraging and certainly most welcoming, that attitude would, after asking if there was a monthly direct debit option, have me reaching for my cheque book - NOT.

I assume (and I don't know why) that you are a member of BASC and if I'm correct I bet you don't recruit many new members :P:P:hmm:

Mr Potter

I fail to see the logic of your post Deker, as far as I can see nobody has posted that they want to save money and, for once in a thread with BASC in the title, everyone posting either is or would like to be a BASC member :P:P:P

The ability to pay monthly would, I believe, allow potential members who would struggle to find the annual membership in one lump, a means of joining the best organisation to represent their interests. There would also be, I believe, a big take up of this option amongst members who could afford the membership fee in one lump sum, it's the same as interest free credit, you might be able to afford that car, boat, gun, three piece suite etc but if somebody lends you the money at 0% for a year or so you'd certainly be a fool to refuse the offer.

As for the last bit of your unhelpful post "then go elseware, there are many other option!" that's a new twist on a recruitment programme, really very encouraging and certainly most welcoming, that attitude would, after asking if there was a monthly direct debit option, have me reaching for my cheque book - NOT.

I assume (and I don't know why) that you are a member of BASC and if I'm correct I bet you don't recruit many new members :lol::hmm: :(

Mr Potter

Wake up..it isn't a no cost 0% option, how naive are you, do you buy all the dog food at the supermarket when it is on special offer even though you don't have a dog.

Yep, I'm a BASC member and I pay my fees, I look at the package and accept it...I'm not trying to recruit members...

Pray tell me when 0% genuinely meant FREE...what fairy land have you arrived from!

The BASC need/want money, they do NOTHING for free!

I am not criticizing them, I accept it, it's known as business! If by any chance this is a way to encouraging people into joining, parting with money and increasing membership then well done to them, thats called marketing!

ATB!!

:good::good:

Edited by Dekers

Perhaps if BASC wasn't so expensive they wouldn't need to do break their membership fee down to a monthly charge. :unsure:

G.M.

Yep...but haven't they done an excellent marketing job in charging so much and still keeping/increasing membership! :sly:

Everyone needs to take a step back and realise whatever their original motives as WAGBI they are now a commercial operation! :lol::good:

Guest topshot_2k
Perhaps if BASC wasn't so expensive they wouldn't need to do break their membership fee down to a monthly charge. :good:

G.M.

expensive? are you joking? i wish all my other insurance policies only cost what basc charge for a year. Not to mention all the other benefits basc bring to the table.

Surely by making it quarterly it will mean more admin, so more money spent on paperwork rather than shooting?

Edited by topshot_2k

expensive? are you joking? i wish all my other insurance policies only cost what basc charge for a year. Not to mention all the other benefits basc bring to the table.

Surely by making it quarterly it will mean more admin, so more money spent on paperwork rather than shooting?

NGO =£30

SACS=£30

CA= £56

BASC= £66

No I'm not joking. Why would you think I was???

G.M.

I pay annually and think the membership is good value. I think a monthly or quarterly payment scheme would encourage more folk to join.

i agree i will be paying annually just so its done and dusted but giving other people who cant afford it the option to do it monthly is a good idea maybe less people will go out shooting uninsured :rolleyes:

Guest topshot_2k
NGO =£30

SACS=£30

CA= £56

BASC= £66

No I'm not joking. Why would you think I was???

G.M.

and none of them others carry the voice that BASC do.

and none of them others carry the voice that BASC do.

And non of them cave in to whatever the government of the day wants either......Not like BASC do.

"Would you like us to back the lead ban minister?...........Right away Sir"

“Would you like us to help implement shooting tests minister?……. Right away Sir"

“Would you like us to help make DSC compulsory by not opposing it too much?…….. Right away Sir"

Carry the voice my Aunt Fanny :good::good::hmm:

G.M.