Any keen photographers?

pegleg31

it depends on what i need to spend really?

sorry i know thats not really a proper answer and it's not suppoesed to be cocky.what i mean is i'd rather be spending the least amount possible but i also want a half decent camera.if it means i have to spend £250+ then thats ok.

but is this is something that i would like to have a go at and might be ****,if theres something around £100+ i'd rather be spending that.Also i dont mind second hand but i really dont know what to look for.so was really trying to find out from some experts or keen photographers

Hi there,

We have just bought one of these for the oldest boy's 18th > http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-came...hot-SX110-IS/p1

Have had a little play with it and I'm very impressed! 10x optical zoom, Image Stabilization, excellent macro. It even has aperture and shutter priority modes, which is handy for a bit more control.

I have one of these > http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-came...umix-DMC-TZ4/p1 also a good camera, but lacking the shutter and aperture modes. I also have a Nikon D300 DSLR but that's a lot more expensive.

John :welcomeani:

thanks for the links :welcomeani:

i know this may sound silly but whats slr meen?and why are they better?

basically i want a camera to take photo's of my dog's working,maybe a little wildlife and my girlfriend does dressage so i would like something affordable but can get good images of something moving.maybe i should've added this at the start but just thought of it :good:

SLR stands for Single Lens Reflex - the kind of cameras you see wedding photographers and paparazzi clicking away with. They give you the option to use different lenses - and the option to spend loads more money, lol :welcomeani: Apart from cost, the bulk and weight and can become a downside.

Either of those cameras I linked to are good starters, as will some others with similar specifications, but I can only speak for these as I've tried them both. The 10x optical zoom is good enough for some wildlife (small birds would likely be an exception though!) They shoot decent quality video too - some other models can also do High Definition video.

SLR = single lens reflex.

In practice that is the class/type of camera where you have a body plus interchangeable lenses. I love them to bits, very versatile, total flexibility etc. but a costly setup to get into really and it grows and grows... I never take it all out with me as it is all too bulky and heavy to take the lot. So, I take what I anticipate needing plus just a few extras. Mine is Nikon D300 but you needn't go that far.

The other main two types are "compact", ie the smallest pocketable ones and "bridge" which cover a bit of middle ground. Browse a few camera magazines, google a few websites, take a look in a shop :welcomeani: before spending your cash!

I have a 35mm slr that i bought a few year back and it takes excellent photo's on sport mode.I have taken pictures of birds flying that have came out crystal clear.35mm is a bygone now and even though the camera cost a lot and takes really good pic's most people will say get an inferior digi camera,just because it is digital.

I do like my fuji's the S7000 is a bridge camera..that means it has a fixed lens..its a great camera

i also have a fuji s3 pro but thats a Dslr and you end up spending loads on different len's

nikon also make good all round cameras..but it depends on what you want to shoot ie the S3 pro is great for landscapes and portraits

the cannon range are much better for fast shot photo's

see if you can pick up a fuji S7000 you can't go wrong

jasp

nobody?

A number of the main players do what amounts to "MINI SLRs" X12 to x24 lens light weight reasonable quality of picture provided you keep the print less than A4 size

Olympus Camedia

Fuji Finepix

Nikon ( cant remember type but Father in law just bought one at x24 for about £250 and the quality is as good as his 1k unless you oversize)

D

Fuji everytime. I use an S5500 (it has been superceeded but number is similar, just a bit higher) which has a 10:1 zoom. Fully automatic but with manual override if you wish, as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. Very compact and runs on AA batteries: no hunting for charging points.

Whatever you buy I would strongly recommend a camera that has an eye-piece, not just an LCD screen on the back which you can't see in certain light conditions. Take far too many photo's, chuck away 90% and you'll be left with a surprisingly good selection. And never be afraid to experiment.

thanks for all the info :blink:

i was wondering,i'm looking at one of the camera's recomended and was wondering if it's good enough to take good enough pictures of something moving?

This auction is for a Fuji S7000 digital camera. The camera is 'used' and is in 'Great Used' condition. The auction includes the camera+strap and a CaseLogic case and nothing else- there are no additional accessories, no manual. The auction is for the Camera+strap and a CaseLogic case as pictured.

The camera is in excellent condition- all functions tested and work perfectly. The body is in overall very good condition. There maybe some scuffs and scratches around the body from normal use, Please be sure to view the detailed clear pictures.

Product Features and Technical Details

Product Features

6.3-Megapixel SuperCCD HR sensor produces images with 12.3 million pixels (4048 x 3040)

6x optical plus 3.2x digital zoom (19x total)

1.8-inch LCD, electronic viewfinder, super macro mode for shots as close as 1cm, 5-frame burst mode

Includes 16 MB XD Picture Card; also compatible with CompactFlash Type II cards and MicroDrives