walk about today.

bobbo

went out for a walk today. with me my freind and the my lab pup bert, had the best day ive had in a long time the dog is coming on exellent total bag was 4 hens a rabbit ( beast of a shot) an a crow that i saw coming switched to a 4 an must of hit it at 70 yards up with my old lanber. bert also put up to woodcock but i got the shortstraw of flushing them towards my mate but they were to fast for him. he was also stood next to one. as he was talking to me it got up an he was like woodcock DOH ! but excelent day all around, pics to follow i cooked one hen before had it with hunny roast ham strips in a jacket potato ouzing with mustard mayonise an a tiny bit of honey. great day

So how are we to know you're a gamekeeper and title says today and today was Sunday? Either way it's a bad post!

BTW. If you were my gamekeeper you'd now be looking for a job...keepers are just that keepers of game NOT shooters of game (until the end of the season that is).

Glad you had a great day, dog looks nice.

So how are we to know you're a gamekeeper and title says today and today was Sunday? Either way it's a bad post!

BTW. If you were my gamekeeper you'd now be looking for a job...keepers are just that keepers of game NOT shooters of game (until the end of the season that is).

I guess you are not allowed to make a mistake and gamekeepers can't shoot game, what a load of ****, maybe you were invited as a guest. I have shot with a number of keepers who get invited to other shoots, maybe you were just out with a mate on a farm where you have permission either way glad you enjoyed yourself and ignore the negative comments.

Shooting Pheasants on a Sunday

And ground game over dogs...

I'm sorry but - No... it's not on.

Think he has already said he made a mistake with the title and was shooting on Saturday not Sunday. As for ground game over dogs i can't see your problem, 2 mates out for a shoot rabbit gets flushed and a safe shot is taken. We are not talking a walked up phesant shoot or driven day but 2 mates out for a mixed bag.

if you really would like to know to those that care. yes we put in all the long hours an were havent shot later in the week so i caught up on all my feeding an aranged do a sunday instead of a saturday. this permision is on my back field its something i enjoy doing not the large amounts of comercially reared birds but working my dog in the field that im very proud thankyou to the people that enjoy this experience this two. but not to the rats thats properly get most of there shooting done on the xbox. and what are you on about ground game with a dog is wrong? do you know what a trained dog is. pal if only you do.

thanks to mpt1 top man.

Edited by bobbo

what the **** so i cant do vermin control now ? brought it down first barrel. i think thats more consideration for quarry switching to a larger cartridge. next time i wont bother posting.

Edited by bobbo

, i quess you havent noticed this isnt that thread if you want to start a discussion on THAT thread go do so. but dont hijack this one that has nothing to do with it. so anyone else have anymore bones to pick. an also is there a checklist i can fill out so i can make a golden post that i wont get slated for. THIS FORUM USED TO BE FUN.

Edited by bobbo

if you really would like to know to those that care. yes we put in all the long hours an were havent shot later in the week so i caught up on all my feeding an aranged do a sunday instead of a saturday. this permision is on my back field its something i enjoy doing not the large amounts of comercially reared birds but working my dog in the field that im very proud thankyou to the people that enjoy this experience this two. but not to the rats thats properly get most of there shooting done on the xbox. and what are you on about ground game with a dog is wrong? do you know what a trained dog is. pal if only you do.

thanks to mpt1 top man.

No "pal" of mine, would shoot pheasants on a sunday - and I can assure you, all of the shoots i've been on have a strict NO ground game rule, including the rough walked up days that i've done with a couple of friends, as you describe.

Never owned an Xbox... and probably never will.

ground game is different it can be done Gary but more akin to proper rough shooting but as for pheasants on a Sunday we've got another walt on board who has got a shotgun and couldn't give two figs about laws or ettiquette. Next we'll hear it was roosting up a tree at the same time :good:

haha your pathetic mate, this means i would work a sunday so i could go rough shooting on my own permision nothing to do with the shoot were i work fair play you are an utter plank. we also have the now ground game rule at our 500 bird day shoot but not when im walking around my own 30 acre permision were there are rabbits.

okay this is getting out of hand no ettiquette think what your saying this is our underkeeper that has to meet the guns an sometimes load. he turns up on a shoot day in his best white trainers his addidas tracksuite and instead of a flat cap he wears a buzzard he caught in one of his fenn traps.

Edited by bobbo

What is that saying?

Oh yes,

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL,

So you are a gamekeeper on a shoot which holds 500 bird days, yet you do not know or care that it is illegal to shoot game on a sunday? Insults and name calling won't help your cause either.

Perhaps when you have grown up a little and you re read this thread you may see the error of your ways, but I woun't hold my breath until you reach puberty.

why dont you understand that they were shot on a saturday dont you people every have to put work infront of pleasure. right now work this afternoon im guna post things on pigeon watch. i just waited untill i had abit of time on sunday night, dont be rats guys,