CPSA or BASC?

Cosmicblue

My CPSA membership is due for renewal shortly, I don't shoot registered competitions so really only have the membership for insurance purposes.

Perhaps tainted by the experiences of the Claysporting forum I'm doubting the CPSA's ability to represent the interests of the sport effectively - is the BASC any better?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

If you're primarily a clay shooter, I would stick with the CPSA, especially if you want to do any competition shooting.

I don't think the CPSA contribute as much to the future wellbeing of shooting sports in general as BASC, but it's a lot easier to shoot competitively in the CPSA (if you want to get serious about it).

I wouldn't let Claysporting.com cloud your view of anything :good: . Whilst they rant constantly about the current leadership in the CPSA, I think most of them would prefer for the CPSA to continue :good:

If you're also a game shooter and not particularly interested in the clay competition circuit, I would consider BASC

Edited by Chard

I think you'll find that all national governing bodies have faults in some people's eyes to a lesser or greater degree. Although the claysporting.com website may have a large number of hits (how many are the same people returning?) the number of correspondents banging on about CPSA management is very few especially given the circa 25000 membership and do the few actually speak for the majority, I certainly don't know for certain but I doubt it.

If you're a clay shooter doing registered shoots you've got to belong to the CPSA, but if you're a recreational clay shooter without interest in competitions in my opinion you should still belong because it is the NGB for clay shooting.

To ensure future shooting rights and privilages for us shooters both clay and game i would go for B.A.S.C everytime, there assistance and help is more wide spread than the C.P.S.A who just cater for clay shooters mainly were as basc champions any shooter. its upto you if you just want insurance go for cheapest but if your thinking long term about our shooting rights and safety go basc.

Edited by mike.ginty

Support shooting, have on call advice for all sorts, access to other shooting stuff e.g. days out (running deer day at Bisley) then join BASC.

If you want to support elitest clay "target" shooters who do nothing else for any other area of shooting, then go with the CPSA.

If you want insurance only, then just phone a broker

Support shooting, have on call advice for all sorts, access to other shooting stuff e.g. days out (running deer day at Bisley) then join BASC.

If you want to support elitest clay "target" shooters who do nothing else for any other area of shooting, then go with the CPSA.

I think this just about sums up the reasons I went to basc, Again. I dont agree with the stance on shooting I percieve the CPSA to have.

What a succinct reply. :yes:

yep go basc then you dont have to worry about it again

hi i was a basc member for years , the one & only time i needed thier help & assistance they didnt want to know ,ive also heard that off other ex members , the choice is yours , :hmm:

I have allso needed basc assistance in the past and the club i am in although in some cases they may be of some help mainly for comerishel shoots. They were not for me or my club as for the insurance its not worth the paper it is printed on but this can allso be said for cpsa. What i do think is basc is good for A bigger voice for shooting although some times they forget they stem from wildfowling :hmm: But out of the two it pains me to say it basc ;)<_<

I'd love a £ for everytime this question gets asked in all it's shapes and forms! :hmm: but Mung (the voice of a desk bound legal mind) sums it up very well and gets my vote. Support your shooting and if that's live quarry then BASC is the only one. Forget the 'also rans' as they are too small and can (in spite of protestations to the contrary) do very little to help our sport. DO NOT just think of it as insurance for you but insurance for your chosen sport. Any such organisation will have it's faults and ***** in office but as far as shooting goes BASC are 100% behind it. Get on board.