How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

61 for me today, not a good score really as I felt like I let a lot of clays slip away, although it seems I beat my last score at Coniston by 1 so at least I havn't gone backwards. :lol: Need to improve my concentration for next time.

Nobody in out group was outstanding today but enjoyed the shoot with Auntie and Beretta and met up with the Manchester crew again. <_<

You did well Mac :good: I shot this shoot last year and did a 59 B) The more you shoot and test yourself under those conditions the better you will become, obviously.

Your doing the right thing going to these diffrent grounds and shoots and shooting diffrent targets. Even if it does feel abit painfull sometimes.

I still feel the pain every other shoot, but I enjoy it more than I would just going through the motions at worsley or the like.

See you at the next comp :sly:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Timps got 75 and NickyT got 73 :good:

I thought it was a good shoot, good variety of stuff, including some tricky ****ers.

I was awesome :lol:

The Gun Down Kid :sly:

AA Class Trotsky got 79 as well, with his rustbucket

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :rolleyes:

<_<

yep 75 for me too many mistakes though.

I really enjoyed the shoot but did not concentrate enough. I think Anni was the same he missed my driving so much he wanted to come with me at the end of the shoot :rolleyes: B)

I went to the Dragon Charity clay shoot in Colgate near Horsham for the first time yesterday. Was a really nice course, the sun was shining and all was well with the world, apart from the queues anyway!

I shot 61 which is obviously not very good, but all my mates shot less than that, so it's all good <_<

Phil

Is that the discipline where the clay leaves the trap like an Exocet on speed

Hi Biggers,

That's the one. Twenty five different angles from 0 to 45 degrees and heights from 1.5 to 3.5 metres +/- 0.5m, the travel distance is 76m +/- 1m. There are 9 set schemes which all have a variation of these angles and heights. There are two targets going to the right, one straightish and two targets going to the left from each of the five shooting stands. The throwing of each target is randomised by computer so you don't know which target you're going to get on each shooting stand.

Regards,

Phil

You did well Mac :) I shot this shoot last year and did a 59 ;) The more you shoot and test yourself under those conditions the better you will become, obviously.

Your doing the right thing going to these diffrent grounds and shoots and shooting diffrent targets. Even if it does feel abit painfull sometimes.

I still feel the pain every other shoot, but I enjoy it more than I would just going through the motions at worsley or the like.

See you at the next comp :)

Thanks Anni, I'm enjoying the comps and different grounds. Hopefully the scores will come.

The pain you feel when you shoot a 79 is one I'd happily have. :D:hmm::good:

Thanks Anni, I'm enjoying the comps and different grounds. Hopefully the scores will come.

The pain you feel when you shoot a 79 is one I'd happily have. :good:;):)

Well I worked out that its one of them games where whatever you score your allways thinking if only I had hit them two sitters here and there :)

Unless you have won it and then who gives a toss :D

**** me, I doubt i'd see it at 76m never mind hit it

The shooting stands are 15m behind the front of the trench, where the traps are located underground and the average range the targets are shot at is around the 20 to 30m out from the trench so in total 35 to 45 metres away from the shooter. For more proficient shooters the distance could be lessened by 5m or so. However, there's usually someone who can pull off a long range sniper like second barrel to give them a kill at a fair distance but it won't be as far as 76m.

Give it a try - Chernobyl, sorry Dartford, your nearest ground has two OT layouts although the targets might not be set fully to the correct angles, heights and distance - but you might surprise yourself.

Me and Anni went to Kegworth today, joined later by Timps and we met the Catmeister there and had a very enjoyable round.

Nothing silly, but a few testing ones that made you think.

Scores on the doors :

Catamong - 85. Well shot, Sir :yes:

Chard - 77. Shaky start :rolleyes:

Anni - 68. :yes:

Timps - Hasn't finished yet :lol:

Many thanks to Cat for the tips and advice.

Not many people get the chance to shoot in company like that. Hope you shoot well at Nutroast or wherever you were going on the way home, Cat :yes:???:hmm:

Nutroast, Newbold, Newmould, can't remember :good:

Good day out. I think I'm still a bit knackered from the Classic :yes:

Another victim of the Manc Mafia Crazy Gang. Beretta, Paulos, Aunty, Mr Potter, JKO and now Catamong, their shooting never recovers from the shock and awe of

shooting against us :yes:

Edited by Chard

Yeah just wasn't with it today :rolleyes: some weeks you can some you can't. I rekon the Clay classic took it out of me :yes:

Was nice to shoot with Catamong and the tips and information he gave me were spot on. Many thanks. saved me an even worse score.

I hope my tips and information on how to miss them were spot on to. Well it was more a demonstration but alot could be learnt from a guy like me. :good:

Only good bit was the end when I picked up £100 quid for my win last time there :yes:

2 shoots for me today :yes:

Local 50 bird sporting with Paul223

Paul 33 i think ?

Jaybird 28

Me 25 :rolleyes: well it was with the 410 pump :yes::good:

Then me and jay shot lead-brook great ground with a good mix of mini , midi and full size targets :yes:

72 for me

63 for jay catching me up now :yes:

Kingsley today - bit disappointed with score of 79 -- missed 6 in field and missed one bird on each of eight stands and 2's and 3's here and there - never straighted one stand. :rolleyes: -- I think I was suffering from Target mesmerisation.

Dave

Me and Anni went to Kegworth today, joined later by Timps and we met the Catmeister there and had a very enjoyable round.

Nothing silly, but a few testing ones that made you think.

Scores on the doors :

Catamong - 85. Well shot, Sir :yes:

Chard - 77. Shaky start :rolleyes:

Anni - 68. :hmm:

Timps - Hasn't finished yet ???

Many thanks to Cat for the tips and advice.

Not many people get the chance to shoot in company like that. Hope you shoot well at Nutroast or wherever you were going on the way home, Cat :lol:??? ???

Nutroast, Newbold, Newmould, can't remember :yes:

Good day out. I think I'm still a bit knackered from the Classic :good:

Another victim of the Manc Mafia Crazy Gang. Beretta, Paulos, Aunty, Mr Potter, JKO and now Catamong, their shooting never recovers from the shock and awe of

shooting against us :yes:

You must ave been fed up going there :yes::yes:

Sorry I will never complain about shooting flat course again. MOUNTAINT GOAT at the classic :rolleyes::yes:

Good shooting, K :good: I didn't know you were doing it.

Skeet again for me today 97/100 - 24, 25, 24, 24. So close yet so far :yes:

Great stuff, Biggers, you're not far off now :yes: :yes: :yes: