How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shooting there Jon..

You shoot at weekends and in the evenings?

Must be loaded :hmm:

Shooting during the week doesn't happen very often lol

Well done Jon, hopefully that magic ton is just around the corner. :yes:

You'll have to think of a new challenge then. :hmm:

Cat.

Hopefully in the next year or so, have only shot 1x25 straight in the 14 months i have been shooting, think I need to get some coaching. Still shooting swing through and keep being advised to shoot maintained for skeet.

Shooting another one is a challenge in itself!!

Well shot Jon :good:

Cheers Paulos, I agree, shooting a second will be a mission, let alone a first.

Jon, if you want some proper coaching at skeet, try Alan Warren at Bisley, he's a dedicated skeet shot, you'll learn a lot from him.

For what it's worth, I shoot maintained lead on skeet, I never chase the bird, 'cos my barrels are always in front of it, (on singles of course). :blink:

Cat.

Went to Spennymoor today for the North of England Sporting Championships and shot with Chard and Timps. Nice to see Paulos and Auntie there as well as meet Azzuri too :yes: Anni was supposedly meeting us there but must have been kidnapped :)

As expected it was a relatively tough layout today; nothing disgustingly difficult but a combination of illusive angles and speeds made for a no-gimmes style round. Interestingly out of the 24 targets shown (12 stands in total), 17 of them were presented edge on :yahoo:

Having left a very wet Manchester, the weather at Spennymoor was kind to us staying dry in the main and consequently scores on the doors were as follows:

Azzuri 89 - another cracking performance :sick:

Auntie 82 - very nicely done with the new gun :lol:

Paulos 80 - ******* student :yahoo:

Nicky T 69 - some out of body experiences on some stands :sick:

Timps 68 - started off on fire but a couple of delays hijacked a potentially good card :lol:

Chard 63 - not his best day but will be back with a vengence when he realises that he needs PW in his life :yahoo:

English Sheet Club at Dartford today - second in B class with a 95 - 23, 24, 23 ,25

Then a shoot off for 200 carts, 1st place, 150 for 2nd and 100 for 3rd - only managed 3rd but won another 100 carts in the lucky dip so not a bad day - £35 and 200 carts

Good to meet JonD and Reefcat as well

Also Saw Evil Elvis, Dangerous Dave having a go at Skeet, auto ball trap and Sport Trap

Edited by Bigweed

Went to Spennymoor today for the North of England Sporting Championships and shot with Chard and Timps. Nice to see Paulos and Auntie there as well as meet Azzuri too :yes: Anni was supposedly meeting us there but must have been kidnapped :yahoo:

As expected it was a relatively tough layout today; nothing disgustingly difficult but a combination of illusive angles and speeds made for a no-gimmes style round. Interestingly out of the 24 targets shown (12 stands in total), 17 of them were presented edge on :yahoo:

Having left a very wet Manchester, the weather at Spennymoor was kind to us staying dry in the main and consequently scores on the doors were as follows:

Azzuri 89 - another cracking performance :sick:

Auntie 82 - very nicely done with the new gun :)

Paulos 80 - ******* student :lol:

Nicky T 69 - some out of body experiences on some stands :lol:

Timps 68 - started off on fire but a couple of delays hijacked a potentially good card :yahoo:

Chard 63 - not his best day but will be back with a vengence when he realises that he needs PW in his life ;)

Well shot chaps and chapettes :sick: Especially Auntie :lol:

I enjoyed the shoot today, a lot of edge on stuff, but enough variety to balance it. I can't put my finger on what I was doing wrong though, just missing too many daft ones here and there :hmm:

I went down to Marne after and won it with a 54/60. Shot a 25 straight on the newly souped up ABT as well.....which was nice :)

Well shot chaps and chapettes :yes: Especially Auntie :sick:

I enjoyed the shoot today, a lot of edge on stuff, but enough variety to balance it. I can't put my finger on what I was doing wrong though, just missing too many daft ones here and there :lol:

I went down to Marne after and won it with a 54/60. Shot a 25 straight on the newly souped up ABT as well.....which was nice :lol:

Nce one Paulos - at this rate you'll soon be as rich as Chard :sick:

Shot a club sporting shoot this morning for 43ex60, then headed down to Dartford for the English Skeet Club, shot 20,21,22,21 for 84ex100 grrr finished 6th in C class.

Nice to meet Bigweed for the first time! well shot!

Jon.

Edited by JonD

Enjoyed the shoot at Spennymoor today, bumped into Nicky T , another face to a name and well done considering you're still jet lagged mate :sick:

Also saw a couple of mates from the north east and beyond that i haven't seen for nearly 10 years :sick::lol: How time flies !!

Had a laugh with Chard following his Everest Ascent up the hill with the dodgy steps (i think my mate built them ! ) then i went and missed three of the going away targets on the stand near there :yes: managed to hold it together pretty well after that to finish in the money..... a fiver in change :yahoo: Can you beat that one B :):yahoo::lol:

Targets were pretty good although a bit edgy in parts but on the whole would have been enjoyed by most people.

Azzurri.

Kingsley Moor today -- I usually walk to far end to start and on way bumped into Ron who has started shooting again and Nicky T - this was on stand 10 so I joined them for 11-13 and just felt I had to show them how to do it - then it was back to stand 10 for me as they went off -- this was start of slippery slope and it gradually got steeper the more stands I shot untill I got to field and slope became a cliff face and I fell off - :yes: - never shot so carp for ages so I gave myself a kick up backside and went home.

Dave :good: