How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

well just to give you all a laugh, just shot 100 sporting at a local ground with some mates from the gun club

38 out of 100 LOL

I truely have no idea what I am doing, but hey its fun :hmm: scores went up and down more than a whores drawers, 7,2,6,1,6,1 etc the ones that the good shoooters I was with struggled on, I did well, yet the ones they all straight, 9's etc, I got 1??

but it beats a day at work!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well just to give you all a laugh, just shot 100 sporting at a local ground with some mates from the gun club

38 out of 100 LOL

I truely have no idea what I am doing, but hey its fun :lol: scores went up and down more than a whores drawers, 7,2,6,1,6,1 etc the ones that the good shoooters I was with struggled on, I did well, yet the ones they all straight, 9's etc, I got 1??

but it beats a day at work!

Tony< the so called good shooters would have missed infront when you was doing well. Most good shots know the worst place is to miss in front cus they give it more lead the next shot, I will always look at the class of the shooter in front of me because if someone blanks a stand you may think it's harder than wot it is and set doubts in your mind.

I always say shoot what you see and your instinct will say shoot at it, the next job is to learn how to shoot where the clay is going by giving it lead in front.

But the main thing is that you had a good day and enjoyed yourself, that's what it's all about :):lol::lol:

Shot super sporting at Woodland Pursuits today and really enjoyed it, some really testing targets but a fantastic ground.

As a predominantly skeet shooter the concept of shooting a 70yard aspirin was a new one :good: enjoyed the "Rat" targets, bit like a slow rabbit at 5 yards but missable :oops:

I shot 58ex100 which i'm well happy with, will definitely go back :yes:

Jon.

Shot super sporting at Woodland Pursuits today and really enjoyed it, some really testing targets but a fantastic ground.

As a predominantly skeet shooter the concept of shooting a 70yard aspirin was a new one :good: enjoyed the "Rat" targets, bit like a slow rabbit at 5 yards but missable :oops:

I shot 58ex100 which i'm well happy with, will definitely go back :yes:

Jon.

hi jon

whereabouts is woodland pursuits and do you have to be a member

what are the prices like im looking for somewhere to shoot on a saturday

cheers

I shot the All Round at Spennymoor today and managed 23/25 Sporting, 24/25 Skeet, 23/25 ABT and 23/25 DTL to finish on 93. 95 was winning when I left, but there were a couple still shooting that looked like they were doing ok :lol:

Well shot Paulos - cracking scores there :good:

I could only get out to Worsley today and shot an 88 there so not too shabby. Looking forward to the start of the Winter Series at Kingsley Moor next weekend :good:

Edited by Nicky T

Well shot the Magmen and the ******* student and Auntie.

I still can't find any form. :good:

Struggled to a 68 at a fairly stiff Shugborough shoot. Timps managed 71.

Don't know how long this **** goes on for, but I'm getting fed up with shooting like a ***.

Mind you, picked up £25 for second in B Class last time at Shugborough. Thought I'd shot badly at that one, but that was tough too :good:

I shot the All Round at Spennymoor today and managed 23/25 Sporting, 24/25 Skeet, 23/25 ABT and 23/25 DTL to finish on 93. 95 was winning when I left, but there were a couple still shooting that looked like they were doing ok :good:

Your 93 came third Paulos; Nev Tarren won with a phenomenal 99 dropping his only one on the ABT :good:

Well shot the Magmen and the ******* student and Auntie.

I still can't find any form. :good:

Struggled to a 68 at a fairly stiff Shugborough shoot. Timps managed 71.

Don't know how long this **** goes on for, but I'm getting fed up with shooting like a ***.

Mind you, picked up £25 for second in B Class last time at Shugborough. Thought I'd shot badly at that one, but that was tough too :good:

Chard, I picked up £25 for the last shoot also, but you saw the stuff I missed today and I finished on 89> I just hate things that are on the end of your gun (with my fixed chokes) or just hanging there. No problems with the long range stuff as I straighted the last 3 stands.

Dont worry though Rich it was a tough shoot, but I have to say most shooters managed to shoot there class as there was no big scores in the lower classes.

All I can advise is you need to set yourself up for the target & most people think they can just walk inthe stand and shoot them< b ut it dosent work like that. As I know to my own cost.

Regards K :lol::lol::good:

I shot 225 rounds today. I didn't do well at first. I had forgotten I changed my choke to Full. After I swapped it back to imp. I did great.

After swapping the choke, I avg. 90% today. I'm going to regret this Monday am as I feel like I've been kicked by a Horse.

I'm getting the Benelli SS. It's a little high ($1700 US) but looks like it's nice. My left arm gets very tired from the weight of the shotgun (Rem 870) and the Benelli weighs MUCH, MUCH less.

Although I prefer the pump, the Auto would help with the fatigue factor( I have MS.)

Shot my usual pants today at braidwood sporting clays @ selkirk. http://www.braidwoodsc.co.uk/

27 X 40 First round then a dismal 22 x 40 second round.

Dropped too many 1's and 2's then destroyed my card on the dreaded 3 pairs of spring teal (every time)

A combined score of 66 usually takes high gun.

£17 for the 80 birds which include bacon or sausage roll a bowl of home made soup and the usual tea/coffee.

Shot my usual pants today at braidwood sporting clays @ selkirk. http://www.braidwoodsc.co.uk/

27 X 40 First round then a dismal 22 x 40 second round.

Dropped too many 1's and 2's then destroyed my card on the dreaded 3 pairs of spring teal (every time)

A combined score of 66 usually takes high gun.

£17 for the 80 birds which include bacon or sausage roll a bowl of home made soup and the usual tea/coffee.

Bet you shot over the top :good:

I have no idea, i just cant seem to get on them.

Out of the last 24 i think i have hit 2.

I was taught many years ago to start with my gun higher up the flight of the bird, 'cause you can't stop your gun if you start too low down. Try it with your finger, pointing low and try to stop on a given high point, your finger will sail way too high, so imagine that with a heavy gun in hand , you'll never be able to stop it. Good luck. from Auntie. :good:

shot at Colchester Garrison yesterday, absolute rubbish, I cannot shoot in a heavy jacket with sleety rain , wind in my face, gave up before the last two stands and went home early to miss the tide, (5.7m) would have held me up for 1 hour or more .

M.

:good: