How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news that Worsley are getting back on board! Plus, All-Round shoots are totally awesome B)

Next target....Thimbleby - get 'em Nicky! :big_boss:

******* students! It's all want want want! No grounds over an hour's travel from my doorstep are on the to-do list at the moment :lol:

You in Harrogate on Thursday?

******* students! It's all want want want! No grounds over an hour's travel from my doorstep are on the to-do list at the moment :lol:

Get chard to drive then nearly all the grounds are only an hours travel from your doorstep, that's if you can pry him away from Xfactor. :o :lol:

You in Harrogate on Thursday?

Bah, half-a-job or what? :rolleyes::lol:

I'm planning on going down on Thursday, but it will depend on what I've got on at Uni. :hmm:

Any of you chaps doing the NOE A/R on Sunday?

Bah, half-a-job or what? :rolleyes::lol:

I'm planning on going down on Thursday, but it will depend on what I've got on at Uni. :hmm:

Any of you chaps doing the NOE A/R on Sunday?

What you've got on at Uni? That won't be much then. Two Pot Noodles and 6 pints of cheap lager, followed by half an hour in the mass Debating Society, 10 minutes revision and another 10 pints of cheap lager.

Are you still in the Top 20 A/R shots in the Western Hemisphere or whatever it was? Catterick or somewhere. <_<

Edited by Chard

81 at a busy Worsely today, only one stand were I let myself down badly, otherwise just dropping 1 - 2 birds on the rest.

Some good targets but everything seem a bit to close in, apart from one stand, they should push stuff back a bit more.

All good thou :good:

Differcult to say without getting exact figures from the grounds, There were a good few hundred at Doveridge a few weeks ago, Kingsly was busy last weekend, and Worsely was busy yesterday, and they didn't have anything corporate on.

Iam sure there will be many report of whats happened today, a little later.

Edited by Ian E

Went to the monthly club sporting shoot .

Some tricky birds including ones that you wondered why you missed.

I shot 48ex60 to win A class, admittedly on countback but it's the first thing i have won.. well happy :) certainly worth the waiting and cold lol.

Jon.

Edited by JonD

Went to Shugborough today with Timps and NickyT.

Managed to find a bit of my lost form, thank Christ, and I shot better than I've shot for weeks. :good:

Not enough to get into the money, but a definite improvement.

Scores on the doors :

NickyT - 79 after a stewards enquiry <_< Well shot Nick **** :lol:

Chard - 78 :P

Timps - 72

Not a particularly easy shoot, I didn't think.

I was trying out Proper Sporting cartridges for the first time. Very impressed, I'll be using them again. I think I would have done better if I'd taken enough. I only took 100 of them and I used 10 on the pool shoot before we started. That meant I was shooting the hardest stands at the end of the shoot, scratching about in the bottom of my bag for cartridges to finish. These were much slower Proper Little Devils, and I think it messed my head up at the end trying to make sure I saved faster cartridges for the trickier birds. I messed my card up on the last 3 stands, otherwise it would have been a cracker :rolleyes: I'd only dropped 4 birds after 7 stands of a 12 stand course, but not a great finish. :oops:

Edited by Chard

Managed to find a bit of my lost form, thank Christ, and I shot better than I've shot for weeks. :good:

Scores on the doors :

Timps - 72

I was trying out Proper Sporting cartridges for the first time. Very impressed, I'll be using them again. I think I would have done better if I'd taken enough. I only took 100 of them and I used 10 on the pool shoot before we started. That meant I was shooting the hardest stands at the end of the shoot, scratching about in the bottom of my bag for cartridges to finish. These were much slower Proper Little Devils, and I think it messed my head up at the end trying to make sure I saved faster cartridges for the trickier birds. I messed my card up on the last 3 stands, otherwise it would have been a cracker :rolleyes: I'd only dropped 4 birds after 7 stands of a 12 stand course, but not a great finish. :oops:

Well shot boys it was a little tricky down the last 2 stands I missed 9 on stands 11 & 12 but I managed to finish on 87 :hmm::hmm:

I've been telling you for ages not to shoot the mega money shells, I only shoot the CS Sporting at £138 for 90% of the shoot and my scores are consisant :yes::yes: By the way I know a good supplier :good:

Shot caerwys again with the lad

HG was 89 , two 88's in and I finished on an 87 :oops:

Jay finished second in b class on a 77 :good:

Well shot to the Shugie boys :good:

Well shot Rob & Jay, you must be getting quite a collection of crystal glass now :good:

I nearly joined you at Caerwys, but I wanted to try out these Proper Sporting cartridges and they're plaarstic wads. :P

Edited by Chard

Scores on the doors :

Timps - 72

Today was definitely the return of Chard's form - a blistering start and had he packed that extra box of Proper Sporting would have easily broken the 80 barrier I reckon :yes:

Thought that i was on for one of those days dropping one from each of the first 5 stands, before getting to stand 6 and finally putting a straight in. 16 away in the second half that should have been better and definitely under-cooked a few targets in the second half that cost me more that i should have let slip away. Stewards enquiry was my own fault because I assumed that the card was filled in correctly on stand 6 - it wasn't so i asked the question and got lucky :yp: Lesson learnt for next time though!

Definitely some evil targets on offer today but all good experience and practice. Might have to bob along to Caerwys one of these days to check the place out as Chard speaks highly of it and it seems to have stolen the men of Mag away from reggies so must be worth a look!

Scores on the doors :

Timps - 72

Some good shooting there:good: nice to see the form coming back.Well done Nicky too :good:

I entered the fitasc at Woolley today,a great selection of targets,ref's were spot on and even the weather was kind.

Well done Keith and everyone involved :good::yes:

Azzurri.