Why did I do it ?

ME

Went to Essex Gun today and it only re-confirmed my thoughts.

Took two guns for part-ex prices and looked at two guns to buy.

They have an FAC Urika in there. (which arent easy to sell) All looks nice in the box etc, very clean. Then I noticed that the end bead was stuck on badly with glue. (bodge job) I tell him that I would take the gun (at the asking price) if they sorted out the abortion job on the bead. He says "no" - so no sale there. (what a cock)

They also have a Blaser F3 GAME in there. Its been there at £2395.00 for over a year now as I constantly watch it on Gun Trader. I told him its over-priced and that particular F3 is a gun that isnt very popular or easy to sell. Its not a clay gun or a game gun really. I told him that there are plenty for sale around at £1950.00 and if he wants a deal (on a gun that he hasnt shifted for over 12 months) that I might be interested. He said that he would drop it by £45.00 but no more. (what a cock again)

So in summary, I went in there with the intention of relieving him of two guns and spending over £2500.00 and came out with nothing apart from

hating the place even more and being put in bad mood.

Told the missus to punch me if I ever say that I am going there again ;):/

Im no expert,but surely the recession affects the gun trade too and its in their intrest to negotiate?

Common sense would say that if a gun hasnt sold at £2395.00 for over a year then it wont rush of the shelf at £2350.00 either.

I realise that they have overheads, VAT, blah, blah but come on !

Oh, and when I turned up he continued to talk on the phone to his missus about changing the babies nappy for 5 minutes before serving me - rude cock.

Edited by ME

churchills of dereham can be like that sometimes, took a mossberg hushpower in there to trade in against a 22/250. It took them ages to serve me then they had the audacity to offer me a ridiculously low trade in price, i guess some people don't need the money chap. sorry i couldn't help the other day with the blaser by the way, the guy in question is incommunicado.

I would not go there nevils son is a plank im sure he knows nothing about guns or shooting. A friend of mine went in there to buy a compleat .17 kit and walked out empty handed when he kept telling him he did not need a sound moderator on it as they dont work he gave up in the end and walked out. I use Alan at eastern sporting for every thing now he will always have a deal with you try him and see what guns he has mate

I would not go there nevils son is a plank im sure he knows nothing about guns or shooting. A friend of mine went in there to buy a compleat .17 kit and walked out empty handed when he kept telling him he did not need a sound moderator on it as they dont work he gave up in the end and walked out. I use Alan at eastern sporting for every thing now he will always have a deal with you try him and see what guns he has mate

Yes, it was "the plank" that I dealt with. Never liked them there, just had a moment of weakness.

Alan at Eastern Sporting is the man of the moment for sure, nice guy to deal with :good:

EDIT: Quote of the day from plank boy "We wont RFD a gun for anyone if we can avoid it. In fact if someone asks me to do an RFD transfer and I already have one of the make & model on my shelf I will refuse. Afterall they should be buying from me shouldnt they ?" TOTAL COCK

Edited by ME

Its a buyers market with the recession as it is, so if they're not interested in your business, there are plenty of places that will be.

I bought my very first shotgun from there and was sold the completely wrong gun at that time. Wasn't anywhere near fitting and ended up having to trade it in to Chris Potter's a couple of months later.

churchills of dereham can be like that sometimes, took a mossberg hushpower in there to trade in against a 22/250. It took them ages to serve me then they had the audacity to offer me a ridiculously low trade in price, i guess some people don't need the money chap. sorry i couldn't help the other day with the blaser by the way, the guy in question is incommunicado.

Do you still have the mossy?

But Churchills are rubbish, don't go there. Use Norfolk Sporting guns or Phil Webster.

Essex Gun Alan - top bloke. Lovely fella.

Essex Gun Neville and Chris - pass. I'll take the 5th and will avoid spending my hard earned there now. But they have the most stock in a 100 mile radius.

Alan at Eastern Sporting - top bloke, eager to please and gets my money. However, his missus could do with some "front of house training". Smiling would be a start. Problem is, Alan has only relatively recently started out and he just doesn't have the stock and the clout.

Leech and Sons - he's a funny fella - runs hot and cold, but cut him in half and he's a technical gun smith and a shooting man through and through. I will be spending more there in the future.

End of.

Essex Gun Neville and Chris - pass. I'll take the 5th and will avoid spending my hard earned there now. But they have the most stock in a 100 mile radius.

About two years ago I went there to buy some carts.

Plankboy and I were running backwards and forwards to my car when another customer (total stranger) decided to pitch in and help us.

While Plankboy was off getting more cartridges I bent in one back door of my car to put a box in and the other customer bent in the other door

and whispered "He's a total CANT isnt he ?" :good:

Essex Gun Alan - top bloke. Lovely fella.

Alan at Eastern Sporting - top bloke, eager to please and gets my money. However, his missus could do with some "front of house training". Smiling would be a start. Problem is, Alan has only relatively recently started out and he just doesn't have the stock and the clout.

Leech and Sons - he's a funny fella - runs hot and cold, but cut him in half and he's a technical gun smith and a shooting man through and through. I will be spending more there in the future.

End of.

Alan has started to expand the shop so should have a lot more in the shop soon mungler. I would disagree about kim being unhappy always had a smile on when i go in there they even invited me to a taste of game evening a while back good fun to be out with. As for leech well the weather is more predictable than his prices

What is it with Gunshops and miserable **** :good:

Depends on the shop York guns in my most local RFD and they are absolutely top the lot of them always friendly faces willing to help the only other gun shop i have dealt with is northallerton shooting supplies and experienced a very similar treatment would recommend both shops to all whole heartily.

George