gun safe

exeller8007

do i have to wait for police to come back out to check the safe?, i have had the firearms licencing officer out to check my property and my sgc has arrived since the visit, my gunsafe was not installed when the officer came to visit but i have installed it , could any one tell me is it ok to buy a gun or do i have to get the officer to come back out to check my cabinet first?

Basically Dell do manage it very well. As above, I really don't understand why people use desktops any longer, unless you are a gamer and require the processing power.

I have gone completely off anything Microsoft, as Apple are by far the best. So if you're willing to take the plunge, do it now before it's too late.

It would be polite to send them an email, just to let them know the safe is fitted. I would ask if it's ok to purchase a gun too. Better that than to get a ticking off.

:good:

if you've been granted the cert the fao has processed the application and the supervising officer has signed it off, there is no way

you would get a ticking off for purchasing a shotgun more likely the fao if he ever admitted he forgot to check it was secured.

you have now secured it so whats the problem,if in doubt grab hold with both arms and yank on it as per police fao training manual

pg 36 paragraph 2.

get spending and enjoy :good:

I experienced the same a year ago when I first got my SGC - I had my cabinet but hadn't fixed it anywhwere, preferring to seek agreement as it wasn't straightforward (new house = timber frame, brick clad etc). After the interview the FEO stated that he would probably see me again once I got my first gun as he would then pop around again to check I had installed the cabinet in the manner we discussed/agreed.

Out of courtesy I would email/write just to promote a responsible approach.

When my FEO came out second time he checked the cabinet quickly and was then more interested in our dog and gave us some good training tips!

Steve

If you've secured the safe to the wall and pulled on it to check it's secure then I can't see a problem with just buying a gun. It wouldn't take a minute just to ring them and say that you've got your certificate and but they didn't check the safe as it wasn't fitted on the visit.

They do like it if you run things like this past them. It may seem like a daft question but from their point of view if a new guy rings to ask something like this then it shows you're responsibe and keen to do things right. You don't have to, but getting to know them a little better doesn't hurt. With a shotgun it's not such a big deal, but if you ever plan to get a FAC and a few guns then the better they know you the easier things will get when you ask for maybe a slightly bigger calibre than they'd usually offer etc.

Hi

Ring your FEO first, its the best way it will keep him a very happy man, it will show him your respect, I moved my cabinets a couple of months ago, I rang my FEO first to ok it, he was fine with it, then I rang him to come and inspect, he told me there was no need but I said I would rather him ok it than find out on my renewal he was not happy about the positioning or fixing, he popped round and was absolutley fine and got a coffee for his reward he didnt want a biscuit! My FEO is a top guy :yes:

Suffolk Police are a good force :good:

Alan

the FAO in essex tend to issue the cert and tell you to go buy a gun, thus they only need to return once, to check cabinet and gun at same time, my mate over in kent also had the same, the FAO did first inspection (before cabinet) issued cert, its easy enough to phone them and ask, but as already stated, you have your sgc, your legal to go buy one

Hi

Ring your FEO first, its the best way it will keep him a very happy man, it will show him your respect, I moved my cabinets a couple of months ago, I rang my FEO first to ok it, he was fine with it, then I rang him to come and inspect, he told me there was no need but I said I would rather him ok it than find out on my renewal he was not happy about the positioning or fixing, he popped round and was absolutley fine and got a coffee for his reward he didnt want a biscuit! My FEO is a top guy :yes:

Suffolk Police are a good force :good:

Alan

Cheers....I work for them!!

Like the OP, my cert arrived before I had a cab in place. Have had my gun for almost a year now and cab hasnt been checked. I called my FEO to remind him and he was happy. When he came to interview me, I showed him where I wanted to put the cab and how I would fix it. He agreed with this plan. I take it he trusts that this is what I will do....lets face it, if I dont, the licence will most likely be revoked! So its in my best interest to do this.

As said by others, your cert doesnt stipulate you must have a cabinet anyway. Just that the gun is kept secure, this could be secured to the wall in your loft with steel cable?

Best advice I could give is a courtesy call to your FEO re checking the cab. There is nothing legally stopping you from getting a gun, as long as you complete the necessary paperwork and you're satisfied your storage arrangements are sufficient.

I had this problem so I agreed to keep my gun in a friends cabinent (that was already approved) until I got my cabinet approved. I got my license issued on this proviso.

I suspect that the FEO will take a very dim light of guns kicking about!

I don't think he intends leaving guns kicking about when he has a cabinet installed. :good:

Licensing department has issued the ticket which has permission to acquire. I'm guessing the feo used a bit of discretion, after all is said and done he has been deemed a trustworthy person and it's so easy to seize the gun if its not secured when he pops in to do the check - possibly tommorrow if he got stuck in the snow.

/\/\

:no:

thats like saying ive had my cabinet checkd and got my cert but think ile just stick it under me bed

You are responsible for storage of the gun

it would be worth getting them out to check it keeps you right :lol:

Whats that about, anyone can have a cabinet inspected and still leave guns anywhere they want. This chap points out his cabinet is installed.

He had a Visit. They issued his SGC.

There were NO conditions about a further inspection or issuing the SGC on the condition he installed a cabinet.

HE HAS BEEN ISSUED A SGC HE CAN BUY GUNS!!!

Courtesy call whoever you like and ask if they had a good **** last night if you want!! :( :good:

Get on with buying a shotgun!! :lol::lol:

ATB!!

hi, thanks for all your replies, i have contacted my FEO and he is coming out next week and has said that being as i am a joiner and he has seen my work in our house that i have done he has no reason that it should fail but he is coming out to make sure, hope he doesn`t give himself a burst blood vesel trying to pull it as the wall and house will come with it, THANK YOU ALL!!.

Has Dekers got issues ? :good:

:yes::yes:

No chap, just tend to get to the point, it's one of my endearing qualities, :sad1: I've also been dealing with FEO's from several regions, Cabinets and gun laws for some time!!

In this particular case it is Black and White.

He has been issued a SGC with NO conditions that he has advised!

He can buy shotguns!!

Whatever he "may" decide to do as a courtesy, is just that, a courtesy! Not necessarily a bad thing of course, but still a courtesy!!

ATB! :sad1:

Edited by Dekers