Nuisance Phone Calls

steve_b_wales

If anyone gets a telephone call from a company who call themselves ' GALAXY FINANCE or CRYSTAL DEBT, 'based' in Leicestershire, be aware that's it's a SCAM company who are based 'abroad'

I've just had the latest call off them, and I was not polite indeed!

The numbers they use (if you have caller indentification) are 08448466524 & 08448466519.

If you do get a call, google Galaxy Finance Company Leicestershire and look for 'who's phone call is this' This is a site wher you can log your complaint (it might not get anywhere though)

I've been pestered by these scumbags many times. We have a block on all with held numbers and also ex directory, but by using the above number/s they get through.

Steve.

Thanks for the heads up steve,We also get bothered with these false companys try to flog you something.What i do now is just tell them to wait and i will be with them soon,I keep them waiting until they put the phone down.

My record is 13 minutes so far, even had one american bird singing down the phone (had it on loud speaker) oh how we laughed .I aint got time for these scum god help them when they ring on a friday night

atb jim

i was plagued with calls like this from a indian guy for weeks ! i was geting calls from 6 am to 11 pm at night i must have had at least 40 a day at first i started hanging up then i got annoyed i started to argue i got told to go **** my sister **** my dog and everything then i downloaded a song from the film American history x :welcomeani: and everytime he rang i kept playing it down the phone ! eventually he got the message

Until we registered with the Telephone Preference Service we used to get a lot of calls from these oufits,even though we are ex directory.I found an old policeman's whistle in a draw at home and found that blowing that down the phone put them off for good.Companies often sell your phone number and/or e-mail address so unless you really need them to contact you I use 01000000000 as a phone number and almost anything you like as an e-mail address when filling in details on line.

Vic.

Edited by VicW

If you use cable operator Virgin media just input *227# into your phone and its that easy.there is a small charge though,but worth it to riddle out the glazing companies etc.

If you use BT-contact them as they themselves have to do it.

Thanks, it's BT - I'll get onto them.

I pay my phone provider (SKY) to block these calls. It's about £40 a year but well worth it, although, some will get through. I don't get double glazing etc salesmen calling.

It got to the point i just unplugged my phone so it rings forever, anyone I want to speak to calls my mobile.

When someone needs to speak to me on my land line for cost reasons they send a text and I flick the switch to turn it on :welcomeani:

TPS is also excellent but doesn't stop the unregulated or don't care companies.

Jon.

I tell them I am up to my eyes in debt. When I mention it is £30k plus, they get quite excited and invariably I am passed on to the supervisor or manager. When they ask which credit card, I tell them I owe the money to the local money lender, who is a bit of a gangster. At this point they go and get a third person. I explain that my house will be firebombed unless they help. Most give up, but one persistent little critter said he could help. I asked how - he started the script again - four times. I gave up.

Too much shooting without ear protection has left me with Tinitus. Those foreign callers are usually using headsets so they can't hear all the other people around them. I start of by saying "You're not from round these parts are you". Then I tell them to keep all the other people quiet so that I can understand what they're saying. Then I tell them they are wasting their time because I can't understand any of what they say.

Ever since I got a BT credit card, i have been pestered with calls that trace back to MBNA. I no longer answer the landline very often.

This one is the best ever! :unsure: there is the odd swear word in it, and no I can`t take them out with stars.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This one is the best ever! ??? there is the odd swear word in it, and no I can`t take them out with stars.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

hey somebody recorded one of my replies :angry::good::P