I give up

ollie

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IVE HAD MY LETTER GUYS THIS MORNING, Approval has been granted for the following calibres, .223 centrefire and .22 rimfire. AH WELL IT ONLY TOOK 6 MONTHS. I Had that gut feeling i was getting the letter this morning, but never would have guessed both guns were approved, now for some shopping. :thumbs: :lol:

Really pleased for you mate :lol: . Not a bit jealous either :lol: .

Davie: any word on your application?

Ozzy: I am still waiting, Glensman and I think Davie.

I have my permit away for a variation at present and was given the advice that if it's not back within 7/8 weeks, write a letter to the Chief Constables office, do not ring Lisnasharragh, apparently the new Chief is keen to get waiting times down and it is also against the sale of goods act if affecting the sale of an item so breaking consumer law!! This advice came from a reliable source and i personally will be using it if i have to wait any longer. Time will tell if this is just another tale but hope it's true!

I have my permit away for a variation at present and was given the advice that if it's not back within 7/8 weeks, write a letter to the Chief Constables office, do not ring Lisnasharragh, apparently the new Chief is keen to get waiting times down and it is also against the sale of goods act if affecting the sale of an item so breaking consumer law!! This advice came from a reliable source and i personally will be using it if i have to wait any longer. Time will tell if this is just another tale but hope it's true!

I know what I will be doing tomorrow at work; writing a letter to the chief constables office. I sent away my variation/renewal in January so hopefully what you say is true mate. However, I think it is a bit ambitious thinking you are going to get it back in 7/8 weeks, we can't all have Ozzy's luck :thumbs:

I know what I will be doing tomorrow at work; writing a letter to the chief constables office. I sent away my variation/renewal in January so hopefully what you say is true mate. However, I think it is a bit ambitious thinking you are going to get it back in 7/8 weeks, we can't all have Ozzy's luck :thumbs:

you know i've been thinking about that. maybe it just was pure luck mine was so quick, but (conspiracy theory time) could it have been because i started kicking up a fuss on here and contacting mla's? :lol:

you know i've been thinking about that. maybe it just was pure luck mine was so quick, but (conspiracy theory time) could it have been because i started kicking up a fuss on here and contacting mla's? :thumbs:

To be fair Ozzy I contacted all my MLA's aswell and it doesn't seem to have helped my cause. I am gonna take up GW80's suggestion and write a letter to the Chief constables office tomorrow.

Well I applied Jan 6th, no word yet except for the time they lost the licence altogether. I've just bought a Jeep for shooting and I need to buy a flight to new Orleans so even if they do grant it I probably cant afford a rifle right now :thumbs: Either way, it'd be nice to know if the answer was yay or nay...

Well I applied Jan 6th, no word yet except for the time they lost the licence altogether. I've just bought a Jeep for shooting and I need to buy a flight to new Orleans so even if they do grant it I probably cant afford a rifle right now :thumbs: Either way, it'd be nice to know if the answer was yay or nay...

How is the wagon? must take a skoot down and see it some day. When you for New Orleans?

Don't you guys have a BASC office over in Northern Ireland?

Here in Scotland, the Police firearms departments can sometimes be a wee bit slow. But if we have any problem at all, a phone call to Colin Shedden at the BASC office at Dunkeld will result in in being sorted out pronto.

Colin has a great relationship with all the police forces in Scotland and a word from him gets them off their ***** very quickly.

Jim

cant see the chief constable really worrying about how long it takes for a FAC as he is under pressure big time now to deal with the dissidents , here"s a 3 word tip for him on how to deal with them SAS :thumbs: can you notice on the news all the hints about lack of men , resources etc etc id say it wont be to long before you see the troops back on the streets in certain places

you only get your FAC back in double quick time like ozzy when as i said before when you help the police :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by monkeyboots

i put in for variation on my fac same time as my mate we posted the same day waited atleast 3 weeks my mate had his back so i phoned them asking them wheres mine they hadent even looked at it i had a right go at them they told me the same **** understaffed but they would look at it asap i even told them i had reserved a gun in a gun shop which i eventually lost through these people i eventually had my license back from the date posting it 13 weeks which i thought was absolutly disgusting but wat ****** me off they cashed my cheque within 1 week lol what else can i say about it but absolutly useless i think cos i had a go at them i went to bottom of the pile which is out of order

cant see the chief constable really worrying about how long it takes for a FAC as he is under pressure big time now to deal with the dissidents , here"s a 3 word tip for him on how to deal with them SAS :) can you notice on the news all the hints about lack of men , resources etc etc id say it wont be to long before you see the troops back on the streets in certain places

you only get your FAC back in double quick time like ozzy when as i said before when you help the police :ermm::lol::lol:

i am not a tout! :P only thing i can assume is that they know im safe and experienced with guns, so they have no qualms and no need to scrutinize me every time i want to add a new one, they just have to issue the licence :hmm: failing that they must still have a record on file somewhere of the **** i gave them when they tried to limit me to one gun on my inititial application, so they try to keep their heads down when they see my name :o :P:lol:

and the troops are already back on the streets in certain places, they just arent wearing camo... :yp:

It's a guvmunt department - what do you expect, efficient results like private business's? Do as you are told and wait till they have time boys, quiet at the back there! :)

I'd like to see how quiet you would be if you had to wait 6-9 months just to add on a rimfire. You English don't know how lucky you's have it :hmm:

How is the wagon? must take a skoot down and see it some day. When you for New Orleans?

Workin on her at the min mate, i have a thing that wjhen i buy a car i put it off the road for a week and completely strip and re-build until im happy nothin can rust and everything is perfect- thi one's takin a while cos im have to re-spray the bottom half of her, few wee dents i decided to fix while I was at the mechanical stuff.

Haven't started makin my shootin hatch yet- but I will soon!!!

cant see the chief constable really worrying about how long it takes for a FAC as he is under pressure big time now to deal with the dissidents , here"s a 3 word tip for him on how to deal with them SAS :hmm: can you notice on the news all the hints about lack of men , resources etc etc id say it wont be to long before you see the troops back on the streets in certain places

you only get your FAC back in double quick time like ozzy when as i said before when you help the police :good::yes::yes:

I know the chief constable is under pressure with other more important matters at present, but it's not him personally that deals with these matters (i'm not that deluded to believe that he personally deals with FAC's) but honestly i have it on good authority that he is keen that his office is seen to be doing something on the matter!! As i say hope it is true.

I'd like to see how quiet you would be if you had to wait 6-9 months just to add on a rimfire. You English don't know how lucky you's have it :hmm:

OOPS - my attempt at humour was not plain enough: Sorry mate, my sympathies.

I have a theory about guvmunt apartments - see the play on words? Each apartment has a queue thats good for about a month or so.

So, tongue in cheek smiley needed: Firearms office gets FAC application (1 month) gets added to the obtain criminal Record Office inbox (2) Criminal Record Office gets it next month (3) gets sent back to FEO's CRO checked inbox (4) FEO sends it to MI5 is it? inbox (5) MI5 return it FLO action inbox (6) FEO checks on your references, record, principly approves - or not (7) FEO's home visit shortlist (8) then it's all systems go and sorry for the delay or something like that. :good:

Variations are generally much quicker - unless land checks are needed.

permit for both rifles on the floor when i got up, i was ****** wiating for near 6 months, now i have to sympathize with MY FELLOW countrymen with their applications still outstanding. Best off luck guys and i hope your ordeal ends sooner rather than later

Edited by mayfly36

permit for both rifles on the floor when i got up, i was ****** wiating for near 6 months, now i have to sympathize with MY FELLOW countrymen with their applications still outstanding. Best off luck guys and i hope your ordeal ends sooner rather than later

Cheers mate; but listen, stop worrying about us and get out and enjoy the guns. :good:

Went to McKerr's in lurgan earlier with my dad, turned out to be an expensive afternoon, ended up buying 2 shotguns and a cabinet ;)

A webley and scott 912 30", practically new for £600. And some old lanber to get my dads cert through, for 60 quid I couldn't fault it

now to get the certificates off, and wait a long, long time :good: