What's your best sub £1000 20gauge

sitsinhedges

Miroku MK60/70.

Can be had for sub 1000 (just) if you shop around. I like the way they handle- lighter and faster than a 12 gauge, but not as whippy as some 20's.

The MK60 handles just a little bit better than the 70 for me, but I was offered a 70 at a price I couldn't say no to. So that's what I shoot these days.

I picked up a new Rottweil 20 bore about three months ago for just under £700. The gun is a 30inch multi-choke with 3inch steel proof chambers. It fits me and I shoot pretty well with it. I was planning to spend probably double the money but everything I picked up was too short or just wrong in the hand. I think they are made by Fair in Italy.Build quality is pretty damn good for a gun of this money. It has an oiled stock which I am improving with a little TLC. I've owned a few 20's in the past and they were all SBS's, short in the stock and suited to light load shells. The Rottweil is a really nice little gun and handles 26-26g cartridges no problem. So far it has performed flawlessly.

Rottweil 20 guage review

i bought my Mcnab Lowlander 20g fixed chokes 1/4 n 1/2 new four years ago for 595 quid ...love it!!!!

sauer

Interesting, but not many about to choose from it seems :blink:

Guntrader only has one second hand one and that is in Scotland.

Nevertheless these are all good leads that may stop me having to shell out for the dreaded Silver Pigeon. I mostly do pest control and I think a SP is a bit too good for nettle bashing.

Would have maybe liked a Lanber but GMK don't import the 20g's

surely a bettinsoli has to be worth a look if you don`t want to spend too much

I looked at some tests which stated one weighed 7 1/2 lbs which kind of defies the whole point.

I want something as near to 6- 6 1/2lb as poss.

Even just standing holding a heavy gun whilst roost shooting is a pain and you never seem to have the gun ready when an opportunity suddenly arises.

Interesting, but not many about to choose from it seems :blink:

Guntrader only has one second hand one and that is in Scotland.

Nevertheless these are all good leads that may stop me having to shell out for the dreaded Silver Pigeon. I mostly do pest control and I think a SP is a bit too good for nettle bashing.

Would have maybe liked a Lanber but GMK don't import the 20g's

Mate the only problem with that is that there 20g barrels on a 12g action ( well it was when i last looked) so not the reduction in weight that you could hope for.

You could do well with a lincon of a lightweight 12g browning do a featherweight at £1025 if thats any help

Edited by Beretta28g

I dont know alot but for vermin why not a Semi?

W&S 820 £350 http://www.oxfordguncompany.co.uk/stocklis...1+o9f5%27820%27

other for similar price

Or you get a benelli new for top of budget.

I am currently using a 20g Hatsan auto but would like an over and under to save me having to look for empties everytime I take a shot.

It's bad enough with all the undergrowth down, soon it will be impossible to find them.

Thanks for the reply nonetheless :blink:

The Best 20 Gauge for under a £1000..

Easy Question.....

The one that fits you best :good:

I had a Beretta Silver Pigeon III, couldn't shoot for toffee with it, sold it after trying a few others and ended up with a cheaper BSA Regent, yep not got the quality of the Beretta but I shoot very well with it.

Go and try a few, don't discount cheaper models just because of the name, otherwise you might miss out on your ideal gun.

Hewey