what cartridges should i use when roost shooting

tikka tom

only red ones with high brass with black writing on them, they always work best when roost shooting

What about them black ones with silver writing on?

Kisses :good:

I use Express special game, they are red (sometimes).

Edited by SSS

Yep?? Read all the comments, accept you comment about the spelling but Christ I think I’m Guy now. hold on I am a Guy thank god for that :good:

I would go with what you comfortable with, I shoot pigeons over coy’s with 32/6 why change it could through your accuracy

iv been invited 2 go roost shooting but iv never been be4 and i need 2 no what cartridges 2 use im useing pure gold at the moment they are 28 grams will these be ok and wat elce should i no <_< thanks gays post your comments

I tried red ones and black ones but only my yellow ones seem to fit my gun the rest where to big for me.... umm

I tend to use Number 5 shot when roost shooting or rough shooting seems to get through the cover better, but if it gose pop when you pull the triggers lead flys out the end and this is the important bit, as long as you put in the right place it will work dear hart..

iv been invited 2 go roost shooting but iv never been be4 and i need 2 no what cartridges 2 use im useing pure gold at the moment they are 28 grams will these be ok and wat elce should i no :beer: thanks gays post your comments

you might want to edit your original post or you will be getting more daft comments,.................for once, I will resist.

Check out your tree height to enable you to better gauge your distance, chances are you are shooting closer than normal so more open choke and as long as the shot size is about 6 and your load of about 28 or 30 grams will be good place to start.

iv been invited 2 go roost shooting but iv never been be4 and i need 2 no what cartridges 2 use im useing pure gold at the moment they are 28 grams will these be ok and wat elce should i no :lol: thanks gays post your comments

No I think I'll pass on this topic thanks

but a GAY friend told me to tell you to use 30 or 32 No 6's :beer:

Les :stupid::lol:

I am using 30g No6 shot Rio's with (and without wanting to start yet another debate :no: ) 1/2 and 3/4 chokes to punch through the tall brances of the trees :look:

I can't tolerate 32g + loads, too much recoil and I keep wincing each time I fire. So its 30g max and tighter chokes which works for me. :rolleyes: