composting Doggie doos

Fisherman Mike

The first thoughts are no, it is not safe of hygeneic.

However there are these composters that are available from the councils that are designed to get rid of cooked waste and meat. You add some chemical disolver, pop it in this bucket thingy which is buried in the ground and it just puts all the "goodness" into the soil.

Meant to work wonders.

Doggie doos on a compost heap, or in a composter is a no no.

As has been suggested you can buy a dog chemical toilet thing, that is like a bucket with holes in it, that you sink into the ground (it has a lid) and drop the dogs doings in and pour a chemical on top.

We had one of those at a previous house, but the bucket would fill up, before the chemical broke up the waste to allow it to soak away.

Where we are now, I am fortunate to have a small circular inspection lid on our foul drain.

I just trowel up the waste, lift the lid and goodbye to the mess. :thumbs:

I think Teal's correct, if your feeding them a Feed that's got a lot of cereals mollasses etc, they just dump it out as the dogs do not extract much from it, the cereals are there to bulk it out, I'm no expert just my opinion from my observations.

Hammy

FM you could try taking them for a walk occassionally just sos they can do what dogs (and bears) do naturally...**** in the woods and not your backyard :sly:

:< Yes Lovley :<

you go out after bunykins see one about 75yds off crawl through the undergroth to get within range and end up crawling in dog doo doo!!

(or bear doo doo depending on location) :thumbs:

Just think it could be you :lol:

PUT IT IN THE BIN

You can't Compost dog poo ! Period !

Stop feeding em that dry food , thats why they are ******* a load , what they can not process comes out the other end .. Best dry food in the world this .... It's complete ... It says on the bag "THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO FEED FOR HEALTHY DOGS" ......

MY BUNGHOLE !!!!!!

Sorry for the rant !!!!

all the best yis YP :thumbs:

I'm sure it was iams who gave a boatload of money to the antihunt lobby .

Snake .

I've never fed Eukanuba , so i don't know what the food contains . The majority of dry foods contain cereals (should read packing)

When i do feed a dry food , which is not very often i always add water to it . As i'm sure i read somewhere that it takes the dog a lot of processing of dry foods , which is not good for the liver .

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=barf&meta=

Enjoy the link the touchmoon is a good one .

Thats basically what i feed my dog . Yes i do feed dry and tinned food from time to time . As sometimes i run out of food .

If your going to use this method for your dog . Wean him onto it , and prepare for hurricane force wind while the dog gets used to it .

Why bother , as it is making more work for yourself .

My dog when fully converted onto the barf diet seemed to "calm" down . Now don't get me wrong he's still a bit wild . Now i have no way of proving that this was down to change in diet , or just the fact that he was growing up .

If you still think it's too much hastle try this .

I don't know what foods you eat , but put a few extra vegi's in when cooking . The water that you used to steam or boil your vegis can be used to water the dry food down .

all the best yis yp :lol:

Tripe + a little and I mean little mixer, the James Wellbeloved stuff seems to go down OK. He wolfs down the tripe and goes back for the mixer in his own time.

Avoid cheap n nasty foods, as you have already deduced they go straight through as dogs cant use 'filler' for anything and their bodies can't break it down either. Hence the ***** in the fields where I walk my dog, (mainly labrador) the sort of thing you would be proud of producing, let alone the dog :lol:

I put in the cabbage water too. Not sure if my main feed, Chudley Working Mix, is good or bad. It was what the breeder recommended. They dont seem to **** too much so maybe its ok? Supplement the lurchers bowl with last minute butchers meat on a Saturday evening, make him cry it does :lol::lol::lol:

LB

Iams and Eukanuba are made by the same people arent they? And that same company makes things like Oil of Olay and other cosmetics, which test on animals :< :< :<

We feed our pup on Purina pup food, its what the breeder feeds his dogs on. Thats a dry food, and he seems to like it.

My friend who breeds little ratty dogs recommends Iams, tho I wouldnt feed it to him on principle.

• 3 weeks later...

as usual there's a lot of **** being talked on here :D

I've always fed working dogs on Chudleys working dog mix with plenty of liquid. It's fairly cheap and no VAT. The breeder feeds all his dogs on it and he generally has around 20 odd at any one time on the go (has it delivered by the ton but then it is by ra). I've never had any complaints (from the dogs :lol: ) and the vet always comments on how well they look, not overweight like so many he sees. They don't smell (too bad) and **** pretty regular about twice a day after their feeds.

They also eat grass and chicken **** but that's another story :lol:

Why can't you put dog doo on a compost heap? They spread human **** on the fields :D

as usual there's a lot of **** being talked on here :D

I've always fed working dogs on Chudleys working dog mix with plenty of liquid. It's fairly cheap and no VAT.The breeder feeds all his dogs on it and he generally has around 20 odd at any one time on the go

They also eat grass and chicken **** but that's another story :lol:

Edited your post down a bit Highlander .

Why do your dogs eat chicken **** ?? Something lacking in the food they are getting ??

Highlander the breeder feeds it because it is cheap , with 20 odd dogs to feed at any one time , would'nt like to feed em beef and chicken like Greyhounds get at the track .

all the best yis yp :lol:

Why do your dogs eat chicken **** ?? Something lacking in the food they are getting ??

Highlander the breeder feeds it because it is cheap , with 20 odd dogs to feed at any one time , would'nt like to feed em beef and chicken like Greyhounds get at the track .

all the best yis yp :D

I think maybe they eat chicken **** for the nitrogen and probably the same with grass although I also think that helps to scour out their insides. Seems to act like a brillo pad and purges their stomach...maybe.

Breeder gets food for free, it's by ra so yes maybe that's why he uses it but it's never done any of his dogs any harm and mind have lead a full, active and healthy life...except for the odd field accident which I guess can happen to any working dog.