Help for Heros Charity Shoot - Good Friday 2nd April

Nicky T

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help for Heroes

Frankly I feel it is appalling we should have to do this, our Government should do everything required.

Having said that, think on, if the rabbits, fox and deer etc, shot back at me I'd be thinking seriously about another profession.

We go down the pub and have a pint and a laugh and our forces are being killed and maimed.

Purely by co-incidence I drove through Wootton Bassett about 10 days ago, it is a sobering experience, even when it is quiet.

My respects!!!

Edited by Dekers

Anni, it's hardly llandglla but your right there some tricky stuff recently, fair play to em..

Yeah its all good stuff. It's just that when I go I allways expect the usual and get caught out :P

I'm trying to forget that name (Llandegla) :good:

63 from me, which wasn't as bad as I thought I had done.

Some tuff birds today, shame about the long wait for a couple of the stands, but it was very busy so i guess you can expect to wait around a bit.

And then stand 9 the high tower went off for over an hour, trust it to be the last stand I had to shoot, was just about to give up and go home, but heard it was back on.

Well done to Worsley, they put on a good shot today and Iam sure raised a lot of cash

63 from me, which wasn't as bad as I thought I had done.

Some tuff birds today, shame about the long wait for a couple of the stands, but it was very busy so i guess you can expect to wait around a bit.

And then stand 9 the high tower went off for over an hour, trust it to be the last stand I had to shoot, was just about to give up and go home, but heard it was back on.

Well done to Worsley, they put on a good shot today and Iam sure raised a lot of cash

They had you on the scoreboard with a 60 :lol:

Very hard shoot, I shot as badly as I did at Llandegla. Two duff ones on the trot, time to give it a rest I think :yes:

Scores on the doors :

Son of Potter - 78 Great shooting matey ;)

Claybuster - 78 Equally great shooting :lol:

Mr Potter - 75 (or 74) Good stuff, last seen going round a second time :lol:

Anni - 69 Good enough, well shot, sir

100 milesaway Auntie - 60 Better than me :lol:

IanE - 60 Not bad going chap

Chard - 59 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Officially lost the will to live now.

NickyT and Ainsley were there too, but don't know what they got :)

Think I'll sack it for a bit after the Essex Masters. I seem to have stopped enjoying it :huh:

They had you on the scoreboard with a 60 :lol:

Very hard shoot, I shot as badly as I did at Llandegla. Two duff ones on the trot, time to give it a rest I think :yes:

Scores on the doors :

Son of Potter - 78 Great shooting matey ;)

Claybuster - 78 Equally great shooting :lol:

Mr Potter - 75 (or 74) Good stuff, last seen going round a second time :lol:

Anni - 69 Good enough, well shot, sir

100 milesaway Auntie - 60 Better than me :lol:

IanE - 60 Not bad going chap

Chard - 59 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Officially lost the will to live now.

NickyT and Ainsley were there too, but don't know what they got :)

Think I'll sack it for a bit after the Essex Masters. I seem to have stopped enjoying it :huh:

Chard , Dont beat yourself up :lol::lol::lol: about a shoot like that because it was TOUGH and a bit of trick shooting through the trees was needed on some stands. That shoot was as hard as English or British open. Come to Shuggy on sunday and get a bit of confidence back for the essex masters. Any news on NickyT score?

My **** 60 !! I counted it twice !! I missed 37, but of ****'s

lol, oh well it was all for charity

Hard luck Chard, stand 8 and 9 were enough to make anyone wanna give up !

Well shot the rest of you, cya at Catton on Monday

My **** 60 !! I counted it twice !! I missed 37, but of ****'s

lol, oh well it was all for charity

Hard luck Chard, stand 8 and 9 were enough to make anyone wanna give up !

Well shot the rest of you, cya at Catton on Monday

Yes, I thought I'd got 95 :)

Was abit of a tough nut :lol: I couldn't seem to get motivated for this one and was going to give it a miss but I suppose it was a charity shoot.

Nothing charitable about the targets though :huh: We met up with the Potter lads as we started out, they had allready shot most of it and said it was tough :lol: If them lads say its tough its tough ;)

Got me abit worried as I started out well. the only thing that did my score was missing the sitters here and there, once I have that problem solved I will be on my way to become as Mr Potter says "respectable" :lol:

I got my mind on this Essex thing at the moment :) I cant wait to get it Malleted.

Good to see some of the pigeonwatch North Lads and lasses out there honing there skills for The Ruck at Hodnet. They have started to get steely glints to there eyes :lol:

Expect a tough Essex masters this year if Me and Chard are going :lol: we have that effect on shoots :yes:

I reckon that Nicky T has been playing about with a few cards to make his score look good, notice how he hasn't posted yet, it a cunning play i tell thee

:yes:

I know he had to stop shooting to do his afternoon reffing stint. The queues were so bad, he didn't get round in the morning.

He only had 3 stands left to shoot, but I'm not quite sure when he was going to get the chance to shoot them :)

:lol:

I know he had to stop shooting to do his afternoon reffing stint. The queues were so bad, he didn't get round in the morning.

He only had 3 stands left to shoot, but I'm not quite sure when he was going to get the chance to shoot them :huh:

I finished on a 68 today; like Chard said i didn't get to shoot all of the stands in the morning so went and did my reffing stint then waltzed round the last three (stands 9-11) to finish up. Well done to everyone there today :) High gun was shared by two 88's, Jordi Gray shot an 87 to win Juniors and Stirzacker finished 5th with his 85. The general consensus seemed to be that it was a toughie; but isn't that what most shooters want/need to develop? ;)

Chard make sure that you that Mossberg with you down to Essex :yes:

I don't think shoots like that make you improve :huh: they just knock your confidence.

Just like Llandegla :) I don't get anything out of them. they just make you feel your doing something very wrong :yes:

You need a fair few tough stands to sort the wheat from the chaff, and that's where you do your learning.

The Boys and Girls who are putting in the big scores have done all there learning so it neither here n there to them.