whats the hatsan equivalent 4x4

kennym

Lada Niva??

Provided you hate Hatsans

then no the Niva while it is rough and ready is also pretty well bomb proof

and will make your ears bleed above 50mph

In the unloved stakes there is the Ssangyong Koranda Hystory_Ssangyong-Korando.Hard-top_18.2.601.jpg which was rated as the ugliest *** ever made in Korea The golden biscuit however goes to the totally hopeless

needs to be buried in a pit Renault parts bin reject Dacia 4x4 of around 1988 which self destructed if driven at motorway speeds and was equally useless offroad.

Edited by Delbert

Land rover Defender :good:

EDIT: Or should I say Series III

Surely its a Landrover Defender, yes its functional, goes most places but looks basic, is basic and drives on road about as basic as any car in production today yet all sorts buy one.

Only side issue is they aren't cheap like hatstands just feel like it :good:

You two are joking, right? :good:

nope, look how popular hatstands are. They are basic no nonsense, a fair number are unrelaible and prone to blowing up which is exactly like defenders.

They're popular, uncomfortable cold and pretty unreliable so exactly the motoring equivalent of a hatstand

nope, look how popular hatstands are. They are basic no nonsense, a fair number are unrelaible and prone to blowing up which is exactly like defenders.

They're popular, uncomfortable cold and pretty unreliable so exactly the motoring equivalent of a hatstand

Suppose you're right there :angry: Not the butt of jokes though.

ah that'll account for why they had the window open when it was minus 7 earlier on in the year :good:

my window is permanently open be it in the series or my car and I know its a one off but the heater works in my series dont ask how cause its like UFOs unexplainable

As Delbert says the original Dacia Duster wins it hands down for the worst 4X4, In the late 80's I bought the wife a low mileage own owner minter, it lasted three days. Renault 12 engine and box and a bastardised 4WD system. She said it was either the car or her that had to go, foolishly I got shut of the Dacia (to another mug) It had no second gear, rang the only dealer in the North West, he said they are all the same !!

Sha has a Vitara 2.0TD now to kep her happy

Someone said - 4 x 4 with big alloys - agreed. I was passing BOC in Bolton the other day. Traffic was slow and as I slowly passed, I saw a Mitsubishi L200 Animal - looked okay. I parked up and had a look, as I quite fancied one. I thought - fire off the wife's Astra - give her my car and get the Mitsubishi. I knew she would see this as a brilliant deal. If she didn't, she could always get the bus.

That was the end of my crew cab pickup aspirations - unless others are bigger. The L200 was in black with a fancy load cover that went up on hydraulics struts. So far so good. I had a closer look at the alloys - expensive 21" which looked ridiculous close up - they probably did from a distance. The passenger rear door had been dented - big style - and had the worst repair I had ever seen in a garage. I haven't seen many worse outside. It was a complete disgrace. The salesman admitted it had been badly repaired. He was the master of the understatement. His comeback line was that at least it was the original door. I did have a laugh - not quietly. A big plus for knocking down the price, as repair would cost me zero.

I made the mistake of getting behind the wheel. I pushed the seat as far back as it would go - which isn't very far at all. My arms and legs felt about one foot too long. I was sat hunched over the limited adjustment steering wheel. Unless this had been modified - I don't know how they sell them. If you pushed the seat further back - if you could - only a midget child could have sat in the back. Having had a Discovery and a Frontera - I was truly appalled by the lack of room.

So - to get back to the original point - tarted up 4 x 4s which won't go off road.

• 2 weeks later...